Skip to main content

September

Well, it's sort of looking like there's going to be just one big blog post to sum up September. So, here we go!

Labor day weekend was really nice out. We were at the school park near our house. I had Brynn pushing me in this huge swing.



We officially have a four-wheeler now for each person in our family. It's so fun to ride around behind our cul-de-sac. We'll have to figure out where we can go further, but for right now we just take quick little rides out there.





On September 3rd, my grandma Dorothy (my mom's mom) passed away. We all already miss her so much. Tonight at dinner Clara prayed that "Grandma D is up in heaven with God and he fixed her up." So sweet.

Her funeral was very nice and I loved looking back at all the old photos that my mom and aunt put together.



Grandma with her mom, Clara - after whom our own Clara is named.



Grandpa and Brynn walking to the funeral home for the family service.


Grandma was a big Vikings fan! I loved that mom and Judy had her jerseys and other mementos out for her funeral.


 Our cousin Jen from Arizona came for the funeral which was so great of her. It was our first time meeting her and she is such a gem. I love this photo because we were at Grandma's house reminiscing over old photos like we all love to do, Jen's there, the pop cans on the table. It's just so us.



The next weekend we headed to the Metallica concert in Grand Forks.


We've both wanted to see Metallica in concert since forever, but neither one of us had yet. Dana scored us floor tickets which I think he was a bit nervous about...that we would get trampled or eaten alive by the mosh pit or something. But, it was really great to be so close to the stage. They did put on a great show.



I was so bummed that this one wasn't in focus, but it's kind of hard to time the shot to the burst of flames!




We started watching the first Harry Potter movie together when we were at Uncle John and Auntie Christel's house this summer. That got us hooked to see all the movies. Lo and behold West Acres Cinema in town is showing all the movies on Saturday and Sunday at noon, each weekend until they complete the series. Auntie Christel is indeed a big Harry Potter fan and was coming to stay at our house the Sunday of the first movie, so she came along with us. It got to be pretty long for Clara, though, and some parts were a little scary for her. Not to mention the sound was pretty loud in the theater. So, Dana and Brynn have gone together for the last couple weekends, and  Clara and I have stayed at home.




Brynn helps get Clara ready some mornings. So sweet.




Clara in goggles will always be funny to me. :-)


Last weekend was the Rheault Farm Fall Festival. It was a perfect Saturday morning to attend as it was overcast and about 70 degrees with few people.








If it looks like this thing is coming right at me, it was. It actually hit me in the head. Nice shot, Brynn. Haha.
















Dana had gotten tickets to that afternoon's Bison game for him and Brynn.


Our neighbors have so generously shared apples from there trees all summer, so Brynn helped them pick the rest from the trees.


I thought things looked so peaceful and pretty on the home front one morning last week when I walked out to grab my newspaper.


Last Thursday was mismatched day for Clara at preschool.



For me Thursday meant book club. Our hostess had two super nice cats. I have Bill here and he was so sweet and a great cuddler.



Speaking of Harry Potter, Brynn had Clara and me roped into playing Harry Potter on Friday night. Here are our magic wands.


And an owl, of course!



With Grandma D's passing so near my mom's birthday earlier this month, we didn't really have a chance to properly celebrate Grandma Laurie's birthday, so today she and Grandpa stopped on their way back home from the lake. We went out to DQ for some birthday ice cream.




And then the girls came home and made more treats in their Easy Bake oven.


Comments

theweckerlys said…
Aw, so many nice pictures. Love the ones of Brynn helping Clara get ready and the ones of mom & girls getting ice cream. And you & Dana at the concert. And of course the Rheault Farm fall festival! Wish we could have been there. I'm glad to see the Angry Birds game is still there! Love Clara's spiderweb face paint.

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Things + Dana's Hunting Trip

 Clara and I walked over to the high school for a boys' soccer game. They were pretty impressive to watch. Elise and Clara had fun raking leaves and Grandpa and Grandma's lake. Well, I know Clara had a great time for sure. I can't remember if I had posted that Dana did away with the garden and planted grass where it once was. So, Clara mowed that section. It was a perfect size for her to tackle. She might have found herself a summer job already. An amazing double rainbow! Thank you to those who donated for Clara's school walk-a-thon which took place last Monday. Dana and I were able to go watch and then joined in for some laps as well. Benny the Eagle was out there cheering the kids on too. Dana was busy making monster cookies for his annual hunting trip up north with his Dad and family friends. He kindly left some behind for us...which are long since gone now. :-) Grandma Holly came up while the guys were gone and took Clara shopping and the girls for lunch on Saturday

Thanksgiving 2023

The kids rolled out and baked sugar cookies for Thanksgiving. We finished our thankful pumpkin. I saw this in the store and given the season, it took me right back to my Grandma D's house on Thanksgiving and the bowl of walnuts she'd have on her table with the nutcracker. I wanted to buy it just for nostalgia purposes. Cora and Clara made these adorable turkey crafts at the crafternoon at the library.  On Tuesday we went downtown for the tree lighting at Broadway Square. Abby, Hubert's sister, joined us as well. She just turned 10, so she got along pretty well with Clara. They had s'mores kits so we had to toast some mallows right away. I love how Clara's marshmallow is completely ablaze and she's still posing for the photo. Hahaha. We had to visit the reindeer too. I made them do jazz hands. And then, of course, we had to hit up Blackbird afterward. Our Wednesday morning XaBeat class. We were feelin' pretty festive. The girls had Wednesday off from school,

May Day + My Birthday + Star Wars Day

Brynn put together our May Day baskets and did a fantastic job. Clara and I did the deliveries... And we received one as well with these beautiful flowers. It was from Clara's friend, Cora, and her fam. We went out to dinner as a family to celebrate my birthday on Wednesday to best accommodate schedules this week. I got to open my cards and gifts when we got home. I had picked up a slice of puppy chow cake at Sonder Bakehouse so we all shared that. Then Brynn and I went out to play a little tennis. It was a beautiful day outside. I had taken Friday (my actual birthday) off of work and Tessa came up to have brunch with me. We had Black Coffee + Waffle Bar. It was so fun. Then May did my hair as it was overdue for a cut and color. Dana and I were able to go out just us two while Brynn took Clara to her school fun night...not only that, but Brynn also volunteered to sell tickets/wristbands (I was originally going to do it) so that I didn't have to and could go out. 💜 I had a coup