Skip to main content

Beginning of fall

 We had given Dana tickets to the Foo Fighters when they were scheduled to be in Fargo on their tour. I was the chosen one to accompany Dana. They did put on a fantastic show and we had a great time.



Clara and I attended a community park event with live music and different vendors hosted on the lawn of American Crystal's corporate offices building. It was a beautiful night for it.



We are on the very right edge of this photo, in the middle. And you can only see me and my white hat as Clara was cut off from the pic.


Clara has started confirmation now as a sixth grader. She is also part of the youth worship team. I am leading her group which is comprised mostly of our Sunday school kids. We're off to a great start as we have an awesome bunch of girls.

The first night was a scavenger hunt - everything we checked off the list we were supposed to take a photo. It was so funny.



My boss Jen and me delivering turkey sandwiches for a United Way event.

Dana and I made it for the last West Fargo Cruise Night of the year. It was a beautiful evening so I'm glad we were able to go at least this one time.

Clara and Dana have taken up a new hobby of putting axes together.

Costco date night!

Our church hosted a first-ever women's hike around the orchard and wooded park near our house. Micah's mom, Michelle, and I went together. It was a great time.

While we were hiking, Micah went over to our house to hang out with Clara - I love that they always come up with these lists of things they want to do.

First up was the burrito/roll-over. Haha. No children were harmed!

Dana and Brynn did some ATVing with Holly and Kevin and their friend, Larry.





That evening Clara and I went to the annual Cat Video Fest at the Fargo Theatre and invited my parents to come along this time.



Yay, it is finally feeling like fall around here and it makes me so happy. Brynn hand-drew this activity bingo sheet. I got a round going at the office and then Clara and I are checking off the squares at home.


Clara and Micah did 18 holes of disc golf on Friday night, working toward a Scout badge.


Our sixth grader! 💜

Brynn's Saturday of grabbing acai bowls with a friend and playing pool and foosball with more friends.







. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

Right before Christmas break was done, Brynn and  I went downtown to Nichole's for some graduation planning. Making lefse! Clara finished up her time in robotics league with a presentation of the robots and mission that she and her partner/friend, Elizabeth, had been working on. Here's a video compilation of two of the missions they presented. It was so cool. I especially liked the one that picked up the rocks. Some of Brynn's recent drawings. Bedtime snuggles. 💜 I was messaging with Clara's teacher to see if he could let her know that Brynn would pick her up from school one of the very cold days last week. He wrote me back to confirm Clara received the message. I asked Clara when she got home if she wrote that last sentence. Haha. Clara had her first swim meet on Saturday, which was a 'home meet,' hosted by Clara's team, the Red Dragons at Moorhead High School. She was disgruntled about getting up at 7:00 am on a Saturday morning, but each team had specifi...

Clara's Recital + Scouting Event + XaFriendsgiving

I was in full fall mode watching 'When Harry Met Sally" in my turkey leg slippers the other night. Dana and I went out to eat at Granite City on Friday night and I think I found my signature cocktail for Christmas. It's called Snow on the Beach and it was so pretty and tasted really good! Saturday morning Clara had her piano recital and did a great job! Thank you to sister Brynn and the grandparents for coming. After lunch with everyone (family, not the other piano students), she was off to the next thing which was  a Scouting event at NDSU. She had to miss the morning session because of the recital, but in the afternoon they made a tool box. It turned out great. That night we had the XaBeat (the exercise dance class I go to) crew with spouses over for a little XaFriendsgiving. It was super fun. Dana mixing up old fashioneds. There was no shortage of food - it was an amazing spread. Dana smoked a couple turkey breasts that turned out really well and the stuffing sausage bi...

Christmas 2025/New Years 2026

Christmas gift wrapping shenanigans: Keeping Brynn company while she wraps all of our Christmas gifts. Brynn and I couldn't help but peek at the 150 Famous Poems book we gave to Clara. So many good ones. Getting into the holiday spirit at Courts Plus. Ha! Christmas eve brunch. Clara's gingerbread house contest strategy notes. Contestants were allowed 20 minutes to shop for their houses at Wal-mart. We left ourselves little time to get ready for the 3:00 Christmas eve service at our church. But, we made it and thankfully didn't have to sit in the overflow area in the chapel! It was a beautiful service. We had bit more time in between church and when we planned to leave for Tessa's, so I mixed up my eggnog and we got the car packed. Tessa's family hosted Christmas eve at their lake home. We had a great mix of people to play a game of Mind the Gap. Getting cookies ready for Santa. Clara got Dana and me up around 7:30 and we watched her open her stocking. I think Dana a...