Skip to main content

Cats + Cars + Kohl's Weekend

Clara had a sleepover with her friend Elizabeth last Friday. They put on quite an entertaining song and dance peformance.



Brynn's junior school picture. Clara will take hers on October 1st!

Last Saturday was Cat Video Fest at the Fargo Theater. And, of course, Clara and I had to take that in. The theater partnered with Homeward Animal Shelter to promote adopting cats and the shelter even had some of their cats that are up for adoption at the video fest. Yay! It was so fun.






Dana presenting me with a rose from our yard. :-)

Bed time routine...


Clara came out on her bike with me while I ran a couple of mornings last week. 

My dad is always looking out for me...and any car deals! He sent me the link for my dream car that was for sale at Dave's Classics here in town. Dad had bought a couple of cars from Dave before and regularly checks his website. Dana and I went to take a look at it and now it is mine! :-D Thanks to Dana for now parking his Grand Prix outside so we can fit this in our garage and for helping me take care of it. Dad has kindly agreed to store it during the winter for me. It's a '92 Camaro RS with t-tops and will only play classic rock and 80's hair band tunes.  I'm having so much fun with it so far.

Thursday was the last night of the year for the West Fargo Cruise Night, so Brynn and I went in the Camaro and Dana took his truck. It was crazy busy there as usual so we had a difficult time finding places to park. Brynn and I saw Dana driving down Sheyenne as we were walking along. 

We also spied a Bonneville upgrade for Brynn...which would be more in keeping with our black coded fleet that we have at home.

Dana shared his shirt with Brynn and me since were chilly in the restaurant we stopped to eat at, so Brynn and I shared the shirt with each other.

Brynn attended a college fair at NDSU and came away with lots of options! 

Dana packed up the ATVs and we headed north to Kohl's Resort for the weekend.

It was a beautiful night for a fire on Friday night.


Clara and I got up and went to Itasca for the morning on Saturday. She had wanted to come back again after Grandma Holly took her last month.

She knew right where to go!








We just went to the headwaters of the Mississippi and then came back to the cabin for some lunch and then ATVing for the afternoon.


Clara was able to swim for a while before we met uncle John and auntie Christel for dinner.



It seemed like a pretty quick trip as we had to pack up on Sunday morning and head back home.

Clara got this walleye in the lodge gift shop and I made her hold it like she actually caught it. She named it Bullseye.

We stayed in our fav cabin which is huge with a loft and right on the lake.

I had my own room and a great view! :-)



The girls got the sweetest package from Rosha, Brynn's best friend who moved away when Clara was a baby. Rosha was selling some art kits (I think maybe for a school or community project or something like that), earlier this year and I ordered a couple for the girls. However, as Rosha illustrates in her letter, they had some delays in getting them out. So, we were so delighted that not only the kits arrived, but Rosha included all these other sweet touches for Brynn including a drawing she made of Brynn, earrings, flower petals, bottle caps, etc. 

I'll have to ask Brynn as I don't know if this is the reason Rosha included those little flowers, but they reminded me of this pic of the girls when they used to meet up at the park behind our old house. We miss Rosha and her family so much.

This was the art kit which I think was a diorama of sorts.

Comments

theweckerlys said…
Cat Video Fest looked like fun! Can't beat kitty snuggles! Dana is giving Disney prince vibes with his rose pose. I won't tell my kids you have Pop Tarts at your house or they'll ditch me to go to auntie's! So dang excited for you and your new wheels! I was laughing at "will only play classic rock and 80's hair band tunes." Aw Rosha, what a sweet package! And a great throwback pic.

Popular posts from this blog

Thanksgiving 2023

The kids rolled out and baked sugar cookies for Thanksgiving. We finished our thankful pumpkin. I saw this in the store and given the season, it took me right back to my Grandma D's house on Thanksgiving and the bowl of walnuts she'd have on her table with the nutcracker. I wanted to buy it just for nostalgia purposes. Cora and Clara made these adorable turkey crafts at the crafternoon at the library.  On Tuesday we went downtown for the tree lighting at Broadway Square. Abby, Hubert's sister, joined us as well. She just turned 10, so she got along pretty well with Clara. They had s'mores kits so we had to toast some mallows right away. I love how Clara's marshmallow is completely ablaze and she's still posing for the photo. Hahaha. We had to visit the reindeer too. I made them do jazz hands. And then, of course, we had to hit up Blackbird afterward. Our Wednesday morning XaBeat class. We were feelin' pretty festive. The girls had Wednesday off from school,

Happy 10th Birthday, Clara!

Clara made a countdown chain to her 10th birthday. We baked a red velvet cake for her family party and chocolate cupcakes for her friend party. She looks so tall in some of these pics! Izabell's boyfriend, Neil, and Clara share the same birthday, so they all went out for lunch on their actual birthday on the 2nd. And then Neil had to get a tour of the Clara Express. Dana was in charge of getting balloons for the party and I sent him to Dollar Tree which apparently doesn't fill latex balloons, only Mylar. Dana "just knew" he had gotten the 'wrong' ones, and called me in a fit of rage over it and then followed up with this photo. haha. It all worked out just fine for Clara's ninja themed parties and I was able to pick up a few more black latex balloons from Cash Wise on my way home from work. Clara had already started partying at Prairie Joy's birthday party the night before, so I think she was short on sleep. I couldn't find her when I got home on F

May Happenings + More Birthday Celebration + Northern Lights + Mother's Day

 S'mores on the deck... We got Brynn's team tennis pics back. They turned out great! I had to get a couple of pins and magnets. I should have taken a pic of Hubert and me spectating at one of her games last week as Hubert was sporting his pin. :-) We three girls played last week during a nice evening. Clara's class is doing an alphabet countdown to the last day of school. J was joke day. And Clara loves to share jokes with her teacher. She made her own joke book to bring. Cindy took Dad and me out to lunch for our birthdays last Thursday. It was such a fun time and Dad and I each got a cookie skillet for being the birthday kids! So delish. We went to Granite City. Always good! Dana and I went to Sartell, MN on Thursday night and arrived late. We stopped over at the after party of the groom's dinner for our friends getting married on Friday. I snagged their kitty for a snuggle. Roger and I were the photographers for the wedding which was beautiful. We had such a good tim