Skip to main content

Disney World

We had a fantastic trip to Disney World! We met my parents and my sister and her family down there. We figured out it has been 20 years this year since my family has been there back when we went when I was a kid.

Prepare for picture overload. I'm pretty sure this will be the blog update with the most photos I've ever posted. So, here we go...

Brynn started out afraid to ride on the plane. She was crying in the Fargo airport because she was afraid of the plane going too fast, and then she was worried once we got on the plane about it pinning her back in her seat during take off. Once we started to ascend, she got very excited and loved the "blast off" as she now calls it. She even earned her wings for her first plane ride.

I'm sure she scared the bejeebers out of the people in front of us on the plane when she said, "we're going up to Heaven!" LOL. The other passengers probably thought the plane was going down.

Her wings pinned to her backpack.

Fun on the plane.


We stayed at the new Art of Animation resort at Disney World, and Brynn was very excited about our room because it was Little Mermaid themed.


Good morning, princess.




Our first stop of the trip was to the Magic Kingdom park. It was on Saturday and it was packed with people. Brynn met some of the princesses for the first time. This was her wish come true! She loved meeting them in person. I cried on my way out, because I'm such a baby, but also because I was so excited for her.



Brynn and Rapunzel
Brynn and her favorite (and twin for the day), Cinderella

Brynn and cousin Reagan





Brynn's first purchases for the trip. 
Brynn loved the tea cups ride!


Brynn on the tea cups


Meeting Ariel in her grotto.

We took in the afternoon parade in the Magic Kingdom. 



Every couple of hours they have a character show at Cinderella's castle. 

We were just about out of the park for the night when Dana asked Brynn if she was sure there wasn't anything else she had wanted to do there before we left for the day to head back to our motel. Yup, there was. She wanted to wait in line again to go meet the princesses another time. So, we did that....and the electric lights parade, the illumination show on Cinderella's castle and the fireworks. Whew! We started out the trip with a bang and saw a lot the first day!

Meeting Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) for the second time that day.

Electric Lights Parade 





 



On Sunday we were on to Epcot. Tessa had made reservations for us to dine with the princesses for brunch at the Akersush Royal Banquet Hall in Norway. It was so great to spend such personal time with the princesses. Each one stopped by our table while we were eating for autographs, hugs and pictures. Then they invited all the kids for a princess processional.  












Reagan, Brynn and Elise found a place to get their faces painted.






Meeting more characters!











For supper we ate in Germany at the Biergarten Restaurant. It was a lot of fun and made me think of my Grandpa. Brynn loved the schnitzel!


 



On Monday we headed to Hollywood Studios where Brynn met the characters from Toy Story, Woody and Buzz Lightyear, and even ate lunch at the restaurant from the movie.  We also saw a Beauty and the Beast stage show and Under the Sea Little Mermaid adventure show. That afternoon we spent some time in the pool at our resort.



Telling Buzz: "to infinity...and beyond!"

We found a shop with just villain merchandise. Brynn is trying on a Maleficent hat.  

The spinning wheel! (From Sleeping Beauty)








Our last day at Disney was spent back at Magic Kingdom. Tessa  had arranged for the girls to have princess makeovers at the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique. Since our appointment time was set for right after the park opened, we were able to get in early in order to make it to the boutique on time. It was just awesome to be in the park before it got so crowded. We had the chance to walk leisurely up "Main Street" toward the castle and get some pictures along the way.

The girls  had fun getting the hair, make-up and nails done. I thought Brynn ended up looking like a cross between a contestant on Toddlers & Tiaras and a gypsy, but she liked it. :-)





"All my wishes have come true!"














Since it was Valentine's week, the princes were appearing with the princesses and handing out valentines to the kids. So we waited in line a third time to meet them again. :-) (This time we at least did the Fast Pass system, so we really hardly waited at all.)





Just went on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. 


With Grandma Laurie

Last night we also came across a character dance party! It was so funny to watch the characters get their groove on. Here Brynn dances with Pluto.

Of course Brynn was already asking when we were going to come back before we had even left Florida. It was a fantastic vacation with great weather. It was tough to come back to 10 inches of snow today, but our neighbor and friends had plowed out our sidewalks and driveway, and Dana's parents were waiting for us at the airport having shoveled out our car with homemade chicken noodle soup for us at our house. 


Comments

theweckerlys said…
You got some great pics! So glad we were all able to go together!
Karena Goehner said…
Ahhhhh....I want to go now! Love all your pictures! Bennett and I enjoyed looking at all of them!
carrington said…
Awesome photos of the 'great Princess vacation'!!! Glad we could all share it together. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Things + Dana's Hunting Trip

 Clara and I walked over to the high school for a boys' soccer game. They were pretty impressive to watch. Elise and Clara had fun raking leaves and Grandpa and Grandma's lake. Well, I know Clara had a great time for sure. I can't remember if I had posted that Dana did away with the garden and planted grass where it once was. So, Clara mowed that section. It was a perfect size for her to tackle. She might have found herself a summer job already. An amazing double rainbow! Thank you to those who donated for Clara's school walk-a-thon which took place last Monday. Dana and I were able to go watch and then joined in for some laps as well. Benny the Eagle was out there cheering the kids on too. Dana was busy making monster cookies for his annual hunting trip up north with his Dad and family friends. He kindly left some behind for us...which are long since gone now. :-) Grandma Holly came up while the guys were gone and took Clara shopping and the girls for lunch on Saturday

Thanksgiving 2023

The kids rolled out and baked sugar cookies for Thanksgiving. We finished our thankful pumpkin. I saw this in the store and given the season, it took me right back to my Grandma D's house on Thanksgiving and the bowl of walnuts she'd have on her table with the nutcracker. I wanted to buy it just for nostalgia purposes. Cora and Clara made these adorable turkey crafts at the crafternoon at the library.  On Tuesday we went downtown for the tree lighting at Broadway Square. Abby, Hubert's sister, joined us as well. She just turned 10, so she got along pretty well with Clara. They had s'mores kits so we had to toast some mallows right away. I love how Clara's marshmallow is completely ablaze and she's still posing for the photo. Hahaha. We had to visit the reindeer too. I made them do jazz hands. And then, of course, we had to hit up Blackbird afterward. Our Wednesday morning XaBeat class. We were feelin' pretty festive. The girls had Wednesday off from school,

May Day + My Birthday + Star Wars Day

Brynn put together our May Day baskets and did a fantastic job. Clara and I did the deliveries... And we received one as well with these beautiful flowers. It was from Clara's friend, Cora, and her fam. We went out to dinner as a family to celebrate my birthday on Wednesday to best accommodate schedules this week. I got to open my cards and gifts when we got home. I had picked up a slice of puppy chow cake at Sonder Bakehouse so we all shared that. Then Brynn and I went out to play a little tennis. It was a beautiful day outside. I had taken Friday (my actual birthday) off of work and Tessa came up to have brunch with me. We had Black Coffee + Waffle Bar. It was so fun. Then May did my hair as it was overdue for a cut and color. Dana and I were able to go out just us two while Brynn took Clara to her school fun night...not only that, but Brynn also volunteered to sell tickets/wristbands (I was originally going to do it) so that I didn't have to and could go out. 💜 I had a coup