Skip to main content

School Carnival, Anniversary Party & Outside Fun

Last Friday night was the annual school carnival at Centennial. Brynn wanted to meet up with her friend Lily there, so I took her and Daddy stayed home with Clara. 






On Saturday we headed to Bismarck for my aunt and uncle's 40th anniversary party. I told Dana on the way that seems impossible that they could have been married for that long! We had a fun time listening to my cousin's band play and seeing friends and family, many whom we hadn't seen in quite some time.
Brynn entertaining Clara on the way.

Grandma Darlene and her children and their families.

We stayed at Cindy and Carey's house after the party and all went out to eat at our Dietz family-favorite, Red Lobster, on Sunday. Brynn got the chance to see a live lobster up close and personal.




We came home to beautiful weather on Sunday and spent the rest of the day outside!




 


Doing homework on the sidewalk.

Helping Daddy


Dana working on a project...as usual! :-)


We had to have a little sit-down one evening about complaining about things and having a good attitude, etc. Brynn must have actually took it to heart because she wrote me this apology. :-) 

In case you can't make out all the words, it says: "Dear Tara, I am sorry that I am saying unkind things to you. I apologize."


This whole week has been so beautiful outside; we've been trying to soak it up as soon as we all get home. We grabbed a pizza on Monday night and had a picnic.


Brynn got out her bubbles today. Clara wasn't sure what to think of them. I think she did like them though.


Dana and I think Clara's hair is getting more reddish which I think is really apparent in this pic in particular.





Kisses for sister. It is unbelievable to me, but Brynn already seems to be tan! The HopeKids gang has been playing at the Stonebridge Park (the one right behind our house) every afternoon this week, so I know she's been outside quite a bit already.





Brynn's teacher encouraged her to try chapter book, so Brynn said she'd give it a shot. I have also been trying to get her to start into chapter books, but no one wants to listen to Mom. :-) She has really gotten engrossed in this Junie B. Jones book Mrs. Stewart gave her as a reward for good behavior at school. 

Comments

theweckerlys said…
Ah! Love Clara in her little hat. Fun picnic - wish I was there to have a pizza picnic! Way to go on the chapter book, Brynn! We've got some Junie B's on our bookshelf if she wants to borrow any.
carrington said…
They are growing way too fast - can we slow down?

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

Right before Christmas break was done, Brynn and  I went downtown to Nichole's for some graduation planning. Making lefse! Clara finished up her time in robotics league with a presentation of the robots and mission that she and her partner/friend, Elizabeth, had been working on. Here's a video compilation of two of the missions they presented. It was so cool. I especially liked the one that picked up the rocks. Some of Brynn's recent drawings. Bedtime snuggles. 💜 I was messaging with Clara's teacher to see if he could let her know that Brynn would pick her up from school one of the very cold days last week. He wrote me back to confirm Clara received the message. I asked Clara when she got home if she wrote that last sentence. Haha. Clara had her first swim meet on Saturday, which was a 'home meet,' hosted by Clara's team, the Red Dragons at Moorhead High School. She was disgruntled about getting up at 7:00 am on a Saturday morning, but each team had specifi...

Clara's Recital + Scouting Event + XaFriendsgiving

I was in full fall mode watching 'When Harry Met Sally" in my turkey leg slippers the other night. Dana and I went out to eat at Granite City on Friday night and I think I found my signature cocktail for Christmas. It's called Snow on the Beach and it was so pretty and tasted really good! Saturday morning Clara had her piano recital and did a great job! Thank you to sister Brynn and the grandparents for coming. After lunch with everyone (family, not the other piano students), she was off to the next thing which was  a Scouting event at NDSU. She had to miss the morning session because of the recital, but in the afternoon they made a tool box. It turned out great. That night we had the XaBeat (the exercise dance class I go to) crew with spouses over for a little XaFriendsgiving. It was super fun. Dana mixing up old fashioneds. There was no shortage of food - it was an amazing spread. Dana smoked a couple turkey breasts that turned out really well and the stuffing sausage bi...

Christmas 2025/New Years 2026

Christmas gift wrapping shenanigans: Keeping Brynn company while she wraps all of our Christmas gifts. Brynn and I couldn't help but peek at the 150 Famous Poems book we gave to Clara. So many good ones. Getting into the holiday spirit at Courts Plus. Ha! Christmas eve brunch. Clara's gingerbread house contest strategy notes. Contestants were allowed 20 minutes to shop for their houses at Wal-mart. We left ourselves little time to get ready for the 3:00 Christmas eve service at our church. But, we made it and thankfully didn't have to sit in the overflow area in the chapel! It was a beautiful service. We had bit more time in between church and when we planned to leave for Tessa's, so I mixed up my eggnog and we got the car packed. Tessa's family hosted Christmas eve at their lake home. We had a great mix of people to play a game of Mind the Gap. Getting cookies ready for Santa. Clara got Dana and me up around 7:30 and we watched her open her stocking. I think Dana a...