Skip to main content

End of Summer

Summer is noticeably winding down as some leaves have started to fall off the trees and the days are already getting shorter.  We have been getting ready for school to start again which happens tomorrow! But first Brynn spent a long stint at Grandpa and Grandma's cabin and both girls have been spending as much time outside as possible, soaking up the last warm days.

These first two pics were a couple of photos my mom had forgotten to send me from when the girls stayed with them several weekends ago. I just get the biggest kick out of this first one - Brynn's face is just a classic 'Brynnie look' and Clara with her pointing at that frog stuck to the door. My dad kept laughing at Clara with that frog, as she came to him and said, "come see frog, Papa." 




One fun thing Brynn was looking forward to doing during the week she was at Grandpa and Grandma Froemming's lake was helping family friend Claire celebrate  her birthday. Here they are together. I think she was also turning eight. So cute.



Meanwhile, at home Clara was back with us being her silly self. She loves any opportunity to 'help' Daddy, so she was checking up on his backyard project.



She likes to tell us what she's doing now, so here she was telling me 'I RUNNING!' And that is in all caps as she likes to yell things to me. :-) She also says "I ready" when she's ready to head out of the house in the morning and she prefers to dress herself as she pushes me away saying "I do it!" And then two seconds later when she can't actually do it, "help me!"





Girly girls. They were doing manicures at the lake last Friday.



Last Sunday my cousins got together at my parents' lake place for a fun day. It was great to see everyone and spend time together.


Benjamin's nice catch!


Lots of commotion about a frog they caught.







We all headed to Zorbaz for supper where this guy was offering balloon animals to the kids. So fun.





I think she was saying another fav saying here: 'Hey! No!'



Brynn loves to recycle which usually means leaving well-intentioned trash around the house. But here she fashioned a recycling box, right down to the reduce, reuse, recycle symbol. I thought, though, that it seemed instead she was recycling y's and c's. Haha. This box has kept me chuckling all week. Love her mind.



On Monday Penny had her annual back to school piano party in her backyard. The more minutes you practiced over the summer, the more votes you were able to cast toward what type of party treat was served. Ice cream sundaes won out over s'mores and root beer floats. Brynn thought they all sounded good which did not motivate her to practice extra minutes. :-) We had fun though and they did a pinata again this year. I wish I could post pictures of that however I accidentally deleted those off my camera before I got them downloaded onto my computer. Grrr. This picture was from Penny. Brynn is way to the right in the blue and white stripes.



Clara really loves reading and usually we have to read a minimum of three books at bedtime every night. One of her latest favs is this Pete the Cat book she received for a birthday gift. I do really like Pete the Cat and "Twinkle Twinkle" has a special place in my heart anyway from when Brynn used to sing it all the time when she was about Clara's age.



I get such a kick out of reading it to Clara because she identifies Pete as herself and me as the Mama Cat. It just cracks me up. When this Mama Cat shows up on the page, she points to the Mama Cat and then to me and says 'Mama.'  I think it's so neat how she recognizes that correlation.


Then when she sees Pete she points to him and then to herself and says, "me" or "mine." And then of course on this page she comments on how he is 'beeping.' (sleeping). hehe.


This post already seems a bit Clara-heavy, but here is a silly video of her: Silly Clara




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Things + Dana's Hunting Trip

 Clara and I walked over to the high school for a boys' soccer game. They were pretty impressive to watch. Elise and Clara had fun raking leaves and Grandpa and Grandma's lake. Well, I know Clara had a great time for sure. I can't remember if I had posted that Dana did away with the garden and planted grass where it once was. So, Clara mowed that section. It was a perfect size for her to tackle. She might have found herself a summer job already. An amazing double rainbow! Thank you to those who donated for Clara's school walk-a-thon which took place last Monday. Dana and I were able to go watch and then joined in for some laps as well. Benny the Eagle was out there cheering the kids on too. Dana was busy making monster cookies for his annual hunting trip up north with his Dad and family friends. He kindly left some behind for us...which are long since gone now. :-) Grandma Holly came up while the guys were gone and took Clara shopping and the girls for lunch on Saturday

Thanksgiving 2023

The kids rolled out and baked sugar cookies for Thanksgiving. We finished our thankful pumpkin. I saw this in the store and given the season, it took me right back to my Grandma D's house on Thanksgiving and the bowl of walnuts she'd have on her table with the nutcracker. I wanted to buy it just for nostalgia purposes. Cora and Clara made these adorable turkey crafts at the crafternoon at the library.  On Tuesday we went downtown for the tree lighting at Broadway Square. Abby, Hubert's sister, joined us as well. She just turned 10, so she got along pretty well with Clara. They had s'mores kits so we had to toast some mallows right away. I love how Clara's marshmallow is completely ablaze and she's still posing for the photo. Hahaha. We had to visit the reindeer too. I made them do jazz hands. And then, of course, we had to hit up Blackbird afterward. Our Wednesday morning XaBeat class. We were feelin' pretty festive. The girls had Wednesday off from school,

May Day + My Birthday + Star Wars Day

Brynn put together our May Day baskets and did a fantastic job. Clara and I did the deliveries... And we received one as well with these beautiful flowers. It was from Clara's friend, Cora, and her fam. We went out to dinner as a family to celebrate my birthday on Wednesday to best accommodate schedules this week. I got to open my cards and gifts when we got home. I had picked up a slice of puppy chow cake at Sonder Bakehouse so we all shared that. Then Brynn and I went out to play a little tennis. It was a beautiful day outside. I had taken Friday (my actual birthday) off of work and Tessa came up to have brunch with me. We had Black Coffee + Waffle Bar. It was so fun. Then May did my hair as it was overdue for a cut and color. Dana and I were able to go out just us two while Brynn took Clara to her school fun night...not only that, but Brynn also volunteered to sell tickets/wristbands (I was originally going to do it) so that I didn't have to and could go out. 💜 I had a coup