Skip to main content

Swimming & Happy Birthday, Grandma

Rough week apparently! This was last Friday. The girls are usually pretty tuckered out by the end of the week.


More snoozing. Clara taking a nap last Saturday with her fav buddy, Roger.



Meanwhile Brynn had her friend Belle over to play.



Grandpa and Grandma Froemming were staying at a motel for their annual shopping trip up to Fargo with friends, so they invited us to come swim. The girls had such a fun time. Clara even went down the slide all by herself. She scooted down so quickly I barely was able to catch her there at the end. Brynn was pretty excited, clearly. ;-)




Small group in Sunday School with just these two. They shared lots of giggles taking turns drawing parts of Jesus' face blindfolded. (The lesson, as you may have guessed, was when Jesus healed the blind man.)



Grandpa and Grandma took the girls out on a walk on Sunday with new hats they bought for them. It was so nice outside. I heard they were pretty mystified with the city drains here. Ha.




Finally we got around to celebrating Grandma Holly's birthday which was back at the beginning of the month.



Brynn thought she was turning 50..hence her hand signals there. ;-)



More swimming. It took me to the end of this session to snap any pics of the girls at swimming lessons. That's because Clara is of the age where she is only eligible to be in parent-child classes, so she and I were basically taking lessons together. She did so great and I didn't even get into the water for the last lesson on Wednesday; she just swam around all on her own with the teacher. She really picked up on all the lessons the instructor asked her to do. She and I will take a break for this next session and watch Brynn with the thought that maybe we'll do the session again after this next one. Each session is six weeks.

Brynn did an excellent job as well. It had been six years since she had taken lessons last! We had
quit at the time as she ended up just refusing to get into the water and we didn't want to force it. Then she had tried gymnastics and then later was concentrating on her piano lessons for the past few years. Her piano teacher has been battling some health problems and took a break from lessons for a couple of months. I had wanted to introduce Clara to swimming lessons and thought it would be a good time then with the piano break to get Brynn back in the water as well. The unfortunate thing about her long hiatus was that she had to pick back up where she left off when she was three which meant she would return to Level II where, of course, she would be with other three-year-old kids. She didn't mind, though, and really gained confidence throughout this session. She is excited to go on to the next session. I'm so happy with the difference in her attitude since the last time we did lessons.

Proud of our fishies!


Comments

theweckerlys said…
Aw, yay! Love the pool pic of them! Way to go, girls; auntie is so proud of you both!
carrington said…
Miss you! Cute munchkins!
Anonymous said…
A bunch of cutie patooties is what i see!
-AN ; )

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Things + Dana's Hunting Trip

 Clara and I walked over to the high school for a boys' soccer game. They were pretty impressive to watch. Elise and Clara had fun raking leaves and Grandpa and Grandma's lake. Well, I know Clara had a great time for sure. I can't remember if I had posted that Dana did away with the garden and planted grass where it once was. So, Clara mowed that section. It was a perfect size for her to tackle. She might have found herself a summer job already. An amazing double rainbow! Thank you to those who donated for Clara's school walk-a-thon which took place last Monday. Dana and I were able to go watch and then joined in for some laps as well. Benny the Eagle was out there cheering the kids on too. Dana was busy making monster cookies for his annual hunting trip up north with his Dad and family friends. He kindly left some behind for us...which are long since gone now. :-) Grandma Holly came up while the guys were gone and took Clara shopping and the girls for lunch on Saturday

Thanksgiving 2023

The kids rolled out and baked sugar cookies for Thanksgiving. We finished our thankful pumpkin. I saw this in the store and given the season, it took me right back to my Grandma D's house on Thanksgiving and the bowl of walnuts she'd have on her table with the nutcracker. I wanted to buy it just for nostalgia purposes. Cora and Clara made these adorable turkey crafts at the crafternoon at the library.  On Tuesday we went downtown for the tree lighting at Broadway Square. Abby, Hubert's sister, joined us as well. She just turned 10, so she got along pretty well with Clara. They had s'mores kits so we had to toast some mallows right away. I love how Clara's marshmallow is completely ablaze and she's still posing for the photo. Hahaha. We had to visit the reindeer too. I made them do jazz hands. And then, of course, we had to hit up Blackbird afterward. Our Wednesday morning XaBeat class. We were feelin' pretty festive. The girls had Wednesday off from school,

May Day + My Birthday + Star Wars Day

Brynn put together our May Day baskets and did a fantastic job. Clara and I did the deliveries... And we received one as well with these beautiful flowers. It was from Clara's friend, Cora, and her fam. We went out to dinner as a family to celebrate my birthday on Wednesday to best accommodate schedules this week. I got to open my cards and gifts when we got home. I had picked up a slice of puppy chow cake at Sonder Bakehouse so we all shared that. Then Brynn and I went out to play a little tennis. It was a beautiful day outside. I had taken Friday (my actual birthday) off of work and Tessa came up to have brunch with me. We had Black Coffee + Waffle Bar. It was so fun. Then May did my hair as it was overdue for a cut and color. Dana and I were able to go out just us two while Brynn took Clara to her school fun night...not only that, but Brynn also volunteered to sell tickets/wristbands (I was originally going to do it) so that I didn't have to and could go out. 💜 I had a coup