Skip to main content

Everything Else

Brynn reading on the deck. 

Uncle Carey and Aunt Cindy invited us over for brunch at the lake. My dad and Dana's parents joined us too. We had a super delicious brunch and a fun visit.





I had a last-minute opportunity to see Kenny Rogers in concert when he was in Fargo playing at the Bluestem Amphitheater during his "Gambler's Last Deal" tour. Thankfully my best friend Amanda was able go with me on short notice. I was pretty excited as I remember listening to Kenny Rogers on 8-track at our neighbors' house when I was little. It was a little jarring when we saw how old and frail he appeared up on stage. He sat for most of the show and seemed to have a hard time carrying his voice for all the songs. I didn't get very good video or pictures, but here are a couple. It's his last tour, of course, so I am glad I got to see him in person anyway.



'Islands in the Stream.' The best duet of all time! Amanda and I were hoping Dolly was going to pop out from behind the stage and join him, but alas she didn't appear after all.




Our first batch of chocolate chip cookies in the new house. Mmm!



Brynn's take on the food pyramid. :-)



Last weekend we celebrated Grandpa Kevin's birthday at the farm.




....and headed to the lake to take out the lift and dock. Clara was busy raking up the leaves and putting her toes in the (cold) water.





I honestly haven't found myself outside in our yard much since we moved here, though I'm not really sure why. Clara and I did go out one evening, though, while Brynn was at a birthday party and fooled around a bit.




Then we encountered some drama when she got angry about something.



Happy again!



I already know I have gone overboard with my sunrise pictures. Ha. These are looking outside our backyard from the deck. It's so pretty every morning.





And again..but a night time pic. The moon was so bright and full one night this past week. The fall colors are so pretty right now too.



Brynn has been on a chore rampage, making and saving her money to get her ears pierced. She finally earned enough money so last Sunday I took her to get the job done. She was a little nervous if it would hurt, but she was really brave and is so glad she got them done. They look really cute. She said it didn't hurt too badly. Hehe - Clara's face in this ones totally says "ooh, that looks like it hurts."



Little sissy giving support.







Morning snuggles.


Brynn was headed out to the garden to finish cleaning it out with her overalls.


Surprise! She and Daddy found some carrots still left in the garden.



This past Wednesday was the last day of the session for both girls at Dragon Swim School. Clara will probably take a break, but Brynn will keep on trucking.





Brynn's instructor this session tried so hard to get her to dive, but usually she would sort of chicken out right before entering the water and it was just kind of comical to watch his reaction every time. He was so encouraging and wanted so badly for her to be able to do it!







Brynn's school picture. Totally Dana's mini-me. :-)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Things + Dana's Hunting Trip

 Clara and I walked over to the high school for a boys' soccer game. They were pretty impressive to watch. Elise and Clara had fun raking leaves and Grandpa and Grandma's lake. Well, I know Clara had a great time for sure. I can't remember if I had posted that Dana did away with the garden and planted grass where it once was. So, Clara mowed that section. It was a perfect size for her to tackle. She might have found herself a summer job already. An amazing double rainbow! Thank you to those who donated for Clara's school walk-a-thon which took place last Monday. Dana and I were able to go watch and then joined in for some laps as well. Benny the Eagle was out there cheering the kids on too. Dana was busy making monster cookies for his annual hunting trip up north with his Dad and family friends. He kindly left some behind for us...which are long since gone now. :-) Grandma Holly came up while the guys were gone and took Clara shopping and the girls for lunch on Saturday

Thanksgiving 2023

The kids rolled out and baked sugar cookies for Thanksgiving. We finished our thankful pumpkin. I saw this in the store and given the season, it took me right back to my Grandma D's house on Thanksgiving and the bowl of walnuts she'd have on her table with the nutcracker. I wanted to buy it just for nostalgia purposes. Cora and Clara made these adorable turkey crafts at the crafternoon at the library.  On Tuesday we went downtown for the tree lighting at Broadway Square. Abby, Hubert's sister, joined us as well. She just turned 10, so she got along pretty well with Clara. They had s'mores kits so we had to toast some mallows right away. I love how Clara's marshmallow is completely ablaze and she's still posing for the photo. Hahaha. We had to visit the reindeer too. I made them do jazz hands. And then, of course, we had to hit up Blackbird afterward. Our Wednesday morning XaBeat class. We were feelin' pretty festive. The girls had Wednesday off from school,

May Day + My Birthday + Star Wars Day

Brynn put together our May Day baskets and did a fantastic job. Clara and I did the deliveries... And we received one as well with these beautiful flowers. It was from Clara's friend, Cora, and her fam. We went out to dinner as a family to celebrate my birthday on Wednesday to best accommodate schedules this week. I got to open my cards and gifts when we got home. I had picked up a slice of puppy chow cake at Sonder Bakehouse so we all shared that. Then Brynn and I went out to play a little tennis. It was a beautiful day outside. I had taken Friday (my actual birthday) off of work and Tessa came up to have brunch with me. We had Black Coffee + Waffle Bar. It was so fun. Then May did my hair as it was overdue for a cut and color. Dana and I were able to go out just us two while Brynn took Clara to her school fun night...not only that, but Brynn also volunteered to sell tickets/wristbands (I was originally going to do it) so that I didn't have to and could go out. 💜 I had a coup