Skip to main content

Catching Up

Lots has been happening around here! I'm finally getting around to some updates from the past couple of weeks.

I had realized shortly before Halloween as I looked at my calendar that I had scheduled the girls' dentist appointments for the day after Halloween! Jeesh. My sister even commented that maybe the dentist was doing a candy swap or buy-back or something. I didn't think too much of that, but lo and behold, they were doing a candy buy-back to send candy to the troops. I was so bummed that I hadn't realized. They still had the opportunity to write letters to the troops, so they did that. 


And, yay, no cavities! So, we went to Cherry Berry to celebrate.



And so Brynn could discover how entertaining Judge Judy is. Ha.



It was only a matter of time. Brynn trimmed her own hair when she was younger and I knew that Clara would somehow follow down that same path. Could have been so much worse!



Brynn's Skittles project:



Mr. Reznecheck (Brynn's school principal) dressed up as Elsa one day at school. I think he lost another bet or something!



Brynn got to have one of her friends over for a sleepover a couple of weekends ago. They were trying to scrape together what quickly-melting snow they could to make a snowman. They only ended up with about half of a snowman, though.






Clara and I had friends come visit too! Amanda and Adria stopped over to play. Clara's Snow White dress is on backwards. Haha.






We were making homemade pizza so Clara and Adria got busy making their own.




Brynn's friend was trying to explain to her why Brynn was being silly in thinking there was too much sauce on the pizza.




We ended up with an abundance of apples after Dana's co-worker gave us a bunch from his tree. So, we tried making apple crisp. I thought it turned out really good, but the girls didn't seem to care for it much.


Always something with this one. ;-)



Last weekend we headed to Carrington and Hurdsfield for what would typically have been deer hunting. Dana didn't apply for a tag this year, though, so just we girls went instead.
The family fun night at the Hurdsfield Community Center was still going on this year and we didn't want to miss out on that!

Tough luck on the bingo, though!


Clara loved Grandma Darlene's walker. So busy.


Fun times at auntie and uncle's house.





Dana left last Sunday and will return home tomorrow for a work trip to Italy. That has always been at the very top of my travel wish list, so I was bummed that I wasn't able to tag along, but I consoled myself with thinking that it will be better if we can go when it's just for leisure only.

A big thanks to Grandpa and Grandma Froemming (and friends Larry and Judy) for watching the girls when we were both gone and for painting most of the entire upstairs! It's pretty awesome to return home from being gone and the painting is all done.

I was on a work trip of my own this week as well to Seattle for a couple of days. I stayed at the Cedarbrook Lodge which was really nice. I even found a resident cat! He was so cute.


I wasn't really there long enough to get out and do anything and before I left I came down with an upper respiratory infection so by the time we got done with dinner the one night I was there, I just went back to my room and went straight to bed. They still had the pretty fall colors there, though, it was chilly and rainy the whole time.



If you follow Dana on Facebook, you've probably already seen these, but I thought I'd include a couple from his trip on this post as well. We have been able to video chat with him most every day which has been nice. It sounds like he has had a great trip with lots of good food, but I think he's ready to come home now. He is currently on his way back and should be arriving back to Fargo tomorrow afternoon. They had one day in Rome as a free day which is where these pictures are from.




We are all ready for Daddy to come back home! We've all missed him very much.



Comments

theweckerlys said…
Great update! Busy fall, for sure. Can't wait to hear all about Dana's big trip, and glad you are back home safe from yours. I hope you're feeling better.

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Things + Dana's Hunting Trip

 Clara and I walked over to the high school for a boys' soccer game. They were pretty impressive to watch. Elise and Clara had fun raking leaves and Grandpa and Grandma's lake. Well, I know Clara had a great time for sure. I can't remember if I had posted that Dana did away with the garden and planted grass where it once was. So, Clara mowed that section. It was a perfect size for her to tackle. She might have found herself a summer job already. An amazing double rainbow! Thank you to those who donated for Clara's school walk-a-thon which took place last Monday. Dana and I were able to go watch and then joined in for some laps as well. Benny the Eagle was out there cheering the kids on too. Dana was busy making monster cookies for his annual hunting trip up north with his Dad and family friends. He kindly left some behind for us...which are long since gone now. :-) Grandma Holly came up while the guys were gone and took Clara shopping and the girls for lunch on Saturday

Thanksgiving 2023

The kids rolled out and baked sugar cookies for Thanksgiving. We finished our thankful pumpkin. I saw this in the store and given the season, it took me right back to my Grandma D's house on Thanksgiving and the bowl of walnuts she'd have on her table with the nutcracker. I wanted to buy it just for nostalgia purposes. Cora and Clara made these adorable turkey crafts at the crafternoon at the library.  On Tuesday we went downtown for the tree lighting at Broadway Square. Abby, Hubert's sister, joined us as well. She just turned 10, so she got along pretty well with Clara. They had s'mores kits so we had to toast some mallows right away. I love how Clara's marshmallow is completely ablaze and she's still posing for the photo. Hahaha. We had to visit the reindeer too. I made them do jazz hands. And then, of course, we had to hit up Blackbird afterward. Our Wednesday morning XaBeat class. We were feelin' pretty festive. The girls had Wednesday off from school,

May Day + My Birthday + Star Wars Day

Brynn put together our May Day baskets and did a fantastic job. Clara and I did the deliveries... And we received one as well with these beautiful flowers. It was from Clara's friend, Cora, and her fam. We went out to dinner as a family to celebrate my birthday on Wednesday to best accommodate schedules this week. I got to open my cards and gifts when we got home. I had picked up a slice of puppy chow cake at Sonder Bakehouse so we all shared that. Then Brynn and I went out to play a little tennis. It was a beautiful day outside. I had taken Friday (my actual birthday) off of work and Tessa came up to have brunch with me. We had Black Coffee + Waffle Bar. It was so fun. Then May did my hair as it was overdue for a cut and color. Dana and I were able to go out just us two while Brynn took Clara to her school fun night...not only that, but Brynn also volunteered to sell tickets/wristbands (I was originally going to do it) so that I didn't have to and could go out. 💜 I had a coup