Skip to main content

Thanksgiving

We celebrated Thanksgiving at our house again this year, but were sad to be missing my parents. We had many an illness running through the group with my lingering respiratory infection, some colds and Brynn's ear infection which she was diagnosed with on Tuesday night. However, unfortunately, my mom was perhaps in the worst shape of all of us with walking pneumonia.  We also missed Rosha and her family now that they are in Seattle. 

It was still a good celebration, though, and another reminder of all we have to be thankful for.


On Sunday we made turkey cut-out cookies with some cutters that Grandma Laurie loaned us.



We were excited that auntie Christel and uncle John were able to join us this year.



On Wednesday night we celebrated auntie's birthday which was actually yesterday. Happy birthday, auntie!




The girls were anxiously awaiting the cousins' arrival on Thursday.

Elise and Clara playing Manchala.



It actually turned out to be a pretty nice day outside and the kids were able to play in the yard. Our neighbor's cat came over for a visit.

Photo Cred: Tessa

My bird, Esther, oven-ready!



I did my traditional stuffed bird and Dana smoked a couple of turkey breasts as well...which ultimately ended up in a turkey cook-off. Thanks, Tessa, for documenting. :-)







Tessa made her delicious pies again this year. Yum!

Pie photo bombers!





 Brynn put together her pin the feather on the turkey game again.




 Thanksgiving just isn't the same with out a friendly game of Pictionary. Kevin and Holly were willing participants, but Chad and Dana  were not so keen to play, as per usual. Holly snapped this pic of Tessa and me trying to capture Chad for the game. Dana ended up falling asleep on the couch, so it was just Chad and me on a team up against Kevin, Holly and Tessa. Chad was a super good sport, though!



Yay! Best game ever!



Tessa and I showing our Buddha drawings which happened to be near carbon copies.



We kind of went Black Friday shopping in shifts. Dana and Kevin headed out in the AM to replace our TV that had apparently up and died overnight. I thought Dana was joking when he told me it kicked the bucket, as we had all just watched a movie on it the night before. Well, if there's a good time for your TV to quit, I guess that's Black Friday! I'm hoping, though, that our string of things going kaput on us is over....our dust buster also bit the dust (hehe) this week as well as Brynn's little four-wheeler (Dad has a part on order for that though).

Tessa, Chad and Oliver went to Scheels while the rest of the kids stayed behind to play. Clara and Ben always play so nicely together.

Kevin and Holly watched the girls for us while Dana and I went out later in the day.



Time to move on to Christmas! We got our tree put up on Saturday.








Brynn made a yummy pretzel treat today.




It was a nice, relaxing Sunday to cap off our Thanksgiving break. Back at it tomorrow!



Comments

theweckerlys said…
It was a great Thanksgiving, and so true that we have much to be thankful for. Thanks again for having us!

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Things + Dana's Hunting Trip

 Clara and I walked over to the high school for a boys' soccer game. They were pretty impressive to watch. Elise and Clara had fun raking leaves and Grandpa and Grandma's lake. Well, I know Clara had a great time for sure. I can't remember if I had posted that Dana did away with the garden and planted grass where it once was. So, Clara mowed that section. It was a perfect size for her to tackle. She might have found herself a summer job already. An amazing double rainbow! Thank you to those who donated for Clara's school walk-a-thon which took place last Monday. Dana and I were able to go watch and then joined in for some laps as well. Benny the Eagle was out there cheering the kids on too. Dana was busy making monster cookies for his annual hunting trip up north with his Dad and family friends. He kindly left some behind for us...which are long since gone now. :-) Grandma Holly came up while the guys were gone and took Clara shopping and the girls for lunch on Saturday

Thanksgiving 2023

The kids rolled out and baked sugar cookies for Thanksgiving. We finished our thankful pumpkin. I saw this in the store and given the season, it took me right back to my Grandma D's house on Thanksgiving and the bowl of walnuts she'd have on her table with the nutcracker. I wanted to buy it just for nostalgia purposes. Cora and Clara made these adorable turkey crafts at the crafternoon at the library.  On Tuesday we went downtown for the tree lighting at Broadway Square. Abby, Hubert's sister, joined us as well. She just turned 10, so she got along pretty well with Clara. They had s'mores kits so we had to toast some mallows right away. I love how Clara's marshmallow is completely ablaze and she's still posing for the photo. Hahaha. We had to visit the reindeer too. I made them do jazz hands. And then, of course, we had to hit up Blackbird afterward. Our Wednesday morning XaBeat class. We were feelin' pretty festive. The girls had Wednesday off from school,

May Day + My Birthday + Star Wars Day

Brynn put together our May Day baskets and did a fantastic job. Clara and I did the deliveries... And we received one as well with these beautiful flowers. It was from Clara's friend, Cora, and her fam. We went out to dinner as a family to celebrate my birthday on Wednesday to best accommodate schedules this week. I got to open my cards and gifts when we got home. I had picked up a slice of puppy chow cake at Sonder Bakehouse so we all shared that. Then Brynn and I went out to play a little tennis. It was a beautiful day outside. I had taken Friday (my actual birthday) off of work and Tessa came up to have brunch with me. We had Black Coffee + Waffle Bar. It was so fun. Then May did my hair as it was overdue for a cut and color. Dana and I were able to go out just us two while Brynn took Clara to her school fun night...not only that, but Brynn also volunteered to sell tickets/wristbands (I was originally going to do it) so that I didn't have to and could go out. 💜 I had a coup