Skip to main content

Miscellany & Christmas Celebrations

I hadn't included this pic in our recent Christmas posts, so I will now. Brynn was referred to an orthodontist from her dentist. Her two front permanent teeth are coming in pretty crooked, but I couldn't see how they'd feasibly put braces on her yet as she's only lost four teeth so far. However, I know they are putting braces on kids earlier now, and typically not just the one time, but for two separate stints. So, I braced myself for what the ortho would say (hehe. Bad pun.) They were really great there and explained everything to Brynn and answered all her questions that she came with. That was great because by the time we got to the appointment, she had convinced herself she was getting braces put on that very day, even though I kept telling her we were only going to talk to the doctor. Since she has lost so few teeth at this time the orthodontist recommended waiting 18 months and coming back for a re-check to see where she's at. So, that sounded like a good plan and hopefully she will have lost more teeth by then.



Clara getting her nails redone. :-)



Tuesday night was the last night of the session for gymnastics. Brynn will continue while Clara will pick back up with swimming lessons.






I noticed this popped up on Facebook whilst I was out running errands on Saturday.



After I returned from my errands, we went over to our friends Adria and Amanda's house so the girls could exchange Christmas gifts. Clara and Adria were happy to play together again and ran around the house like holy terrors. They go so wild Brynn got a headache and wanted to go home.



We are busy preparing for Brynn's birthday parties coming up next weekend which had us baking cupcakes on Saturday night. Brynn showed me her cool trick for separating the egg yoke from the whites. Pretty slick!


After Sunday School this morning, we took off for Grandpa and Grandma Obergs' house to celebrate Christmas. 

Grandpa and Grandma with almost all the grandkids and great-grandchildren. 



The Oberg family is a motorized sports type of bunch and it was so nice out today, so naturally all the kids (big and small) found themselves outside on the four-wheelers.




Clara came back inside to color with Grandpa.






Comments

theweckerlys said…
Aw love the gymnastics pics and the ones of Clara coloring with Grandpa Kevin are sweet.

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

Right before Christmas break was done, Brynn and  I went downtown to Nichole's for some graduation planning. Making lefse! Clara finished up her time in robotics league with a presentation of the robots and mission that she and her partner/friend, Elizabeth, had been working on. Here's a video compilation of two of the missions they presented. It was so cool. I especially liked the one that picked up the rocks. Some of Brynn's recent drawings. Bedtime snuggles. 💜 I was messaging with Clara's teacher to see if he could let her know that Brynn would pick her up from school one of the very cold days last week. He wrote me back to confirm Clara received the message. I asked Clara when she got home if she wrote that last sentence. Haha. Clara had her first swim meet on Saturday, which was a 'home meet,' hosted by Clara's team, the Red Dragons at Moorhead High School. She was disgruntled about getting up at 7:00 am on a Saturday morning, but each team had specifi...

Clara's Recital + Scouting Event + XaFriendsgiving

I was in full fall mode watching 'When Harry Met Sally" in my turkey leg slippers the other night. Dana and I went out to eat at Granite City on Friday night and I think I found my signature cocktail for Christmas. It's called Snow on the Beach and it was so pretty and tasted really good! Saturday morning Clara had her piano recital and did a great job! Thank you to sister Brynn and the grandparents for coming. After lunch with everyone (family, not the other piano students), she was off to the next thing which was  a Scouting event at NDSU. She had to miss the morning session because of the recital, but in the afternoon they made a tool box. It turned out great. That night we had the XaBeat (the exercise dance class I go to) crew with spouses over for a little XaFriendsgiving. It was super fun. Dana mixing up old fashioneds. There was no shortage of food - it was an amazing spread. Dana smoked a couple turkey breasts that turned out really well and the stuffing sausage bi...

Christmas 2025/New Years 2026

Christmas gift wrapping shenanigans: Keeping Brynn company while she wraps all of our Christmas gifts. Brynn and I couldn't help but peek at the 150 Famous Poems book we gave to Clara. So many good ones. Getting into the holiday spirit at Courts Plus. Ha! Christmas eve brunch. Clara's gingerbread house contest strategy notes. Contestants were allowed 20 minutes to shop for their houses at Wal-mart. We left ourselves little time to get ready for the 3:00 Christmas eve service at our church. But, we made it and thankfully didn't have to sit in the overflow area in the chapel! It was a beautiful service. We had bit more time in between church and when we planned to leave for Tessa's, so I mixed up my eggnog and we got the car packed. Tessa's family hosted Christmas eve at their lake home. We had a great mix of people to play a game of Mind the Gap. Getting cookies ready for Santa. Clara got Dana and me up around 7:30 and we watched her open her stocking. I think Dana a...