Skip to main content

More birthdays and more

Two weeks ago the birthday celebrations continued after Clara's friend party on Saturday. Sunday we headed to Hurdsfield to celebrate Oliver's second birthday. His party was right up my alley with a cookie theme!





Clara was behind my camera and auntie behind hers.



Love these two beauties.


Dunk (pin) the cookie in the glass of milk game.





I sure wish now that I could remember what Reagan said that was so funny.



Next up was Dana's birthday. We went out to eat at TX Roadhouse.


Then made it to a Fargo Force hockey game. Dana's co-worker had gotten Dana a ticket not realizing it was Dana's birthday that day. So, Dana got additional tickets so that the girls and I could go too. We had great seats, so it was really fun. I took Clara home early since it was a 'school night' and all.


Alex is a pretty silly guy. :-)


The next night we finished celebrating with some pie. Yum!


I realize this doesn't really match up as Brynn put together this photo and frame for Dana, but he is posing for this pic with Clara. Oh well!



We had a busy weekend last weekend. Brynn attended the school carnival with her friend so we  (Dana, Clara and I) didn't even end up going this year.

Clara jamming out to her fav Def Leppard song. She was into it!


On Saturday morning Brynn had her last roller skating lesson. In the afternoon Clara went over to her friend, Adria's, house to play. My best friend who is Adria's mom sent me this pic of the two of them going on a bike trailer ride. So cute.

While Clara was at Adria's, Brynn attended a cheer tumbling camp at the same facility where she does gymnastics. They had a little performance at the end where each participant could show off what he/she learned that afternoon. There were varying levels of experience, and clearly some of the kids were already on some type of cheer or acro team or something, but they did divide the group into two different sections based on skill level. Brynn was in the less experienced bunch. It's difficult to make her out in this picture, but I have to point out that at the time that I took this pic, she is next to one of the instructors (who is in a black shirt) in a blue leotard...essentially at the 'beginning' of the line-up for that group. As the other kids showed off what they learned and took their turn, Brynn kept inching more and more toward the back of the line, clearly not wanting to be the next one to take a turn. I think she was becoming intimidated by the skill level of some of the other kids.



Finally, though, it did get down to the last few kids, so she went for it. She seemed pretty disgruntled and disappointed afterward as I think she was bummed she didn't "land" her back flip (or whatever it's called) as well as she wanted to. Overall, though, she did have fun, she said, and would do another one.


The fun didn't end there last Saturday, though! I had gotten tickets for Brynn and I to attend a June B Jones production put on by the NDSU theater students. June B Jones is a book series that Brynn was pretty into for a while. The play was based on one of the books in the series.







The cast did a great job and had fun, interactive things set up for the audience. Brynn enjoyed reading each of the cast members' bios and posing in the photo booth.

It looks like she could fit right into a drama or theater major. ;-)



The Sunday School kids at the 9:30 AM service that we attend sang last Sunday. So many kids! I won't even try to point out where Brynn is because you can't see her anyhow!



This note that Clara's teachers messaged me the other day really cracked me up. Based on the time it was sent (you can see the time stamp below) and the fact that it looks like the room is darkened, I knew she should have been lying down for a rest, but I couldn't help but be proud of all the letters she wrote for her note to me. :-) (I did get her some chapstick to have at school. Ha.)
The girls and I were playing farmer the other night. We are doing a project at work where I received a packet of spring wheat to plant in this container. You think I'd maybe have a leg up on my co-workers being a farmer's daughter, but clearly I should have paid more attention to the whole farming routine and what not whilst I was growing up. But, thankfully, we got my crop consultant (aka Dad) on the phone for some tips! I think I'm going to need to irrigate, though.



Brynn didn't have school Thursday and Friday this week, so they headed to Grandpa and Grandma Froemming's for a couple of nights. Holly sent me this text of them in their "Noak's Ark Campground," as they had apparently named it. Looks fun!



Little Cinderella doing her cleaning. :-)



Clara has been requesting to do her own "special prayers," as she calls them lately. Such a precious heart.




Speaking of all these birthdays, Brynn came straight home from Grandpa and Grandma's and headed straight to a friend's sleepover birthday party.





Comments

theweckerlys said…
Aw, I love it all! Great post. You guys have been busy!

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

Right before Christmas break was done, Brynn and  I went downtown to Nichole's for some graduation planning. Making lefse! Clara finished up her time in robotics league with a presentation of the robots and mission that she and her partner/friend, Elizabeth, had been working on. Here's a video compilation of two of the missions they presented. It was so cool. I especially liked the one that picked up the rocks. Some of Brynn's recent drawings. Bedtime snuggles. 💜 I was messaging with Clara's teacher to see if he could let her know that Brynn would pick her up from school one of the very cold days last week. He wrote me back to confirm Clara received the message. I asked Clara when she got home if she wrote that last sentence. Haha. Clara had her first swim meet on Saturday, which was a 'home meet,' hosted by Clara's team, the Red Dragons at Moorhead High School. She was disgruntled about getting up at 7:00 am on a Saturday morning, but each team had specifi...

Clara's Recital + Scouting Event + XaFriendsgiving

I was in full fall mode watching 'When Harry Met Sally" in my turkey leg slippers the other night. Dana and I went out to eat at Granite City on Friday night and I think I found my signature cocktail for Christmas. It's called Snow on the Beach and it was so pretty and tasted really good! Saturday morning Clara had her piano recital and did a great job! Thank you to sister Brynn and the grandparents for coming. After lunch with everyone (family, not the other piano students), she was off to the next thing which was  a Scouting event at NDSU. She had to miss the morning session because of the recital, but in the afternoon they made a tool box. It turned out great. That night we had the XaBeat (the exercise dance class I go to) crew with spouses over for a little XaFriendsgiving. It was super fun. Dana mixing up old fashioneds. There was no shortage of food - it was an amazing spread. Dana smoked a couple turkey breasts that turned out really well and the stuffing sausage bi...

Christmas 2025/New Years 2026

Christmas gift wrapping shenanigans: Keeping Brynn company while she wraps all of our Christmas gifts. Brynn and I couldn't help but peek at the 150 Famous Poems book we gave to Clara. So many good ones. Getting into the holiday spirit at Courts Plus. Ha! Christmas eve brunch. Clara's gingerbread house contest strategy notes. Contestants were allowed 20 minutes to shop for their houses at Wal-mart. We left ourselves little time to get ready for the 3:00 Christmas eve service at our church. But, we made it and thankfully didn't have to sit in the overflow area in the chapel! It was a beautiful service. We had bit more time in between church and when we planned to leave for Tessa's, so I mixed up my eggnog and we got the car packed. Tessa's family hosted Christmas eve at their lake home. We had a great mix of people to play a game of Mind the Gap. Getting cookies ready for Santa. Clara got Dana and me up around 7:30 and we watched her open her stocking. I think Dana a...