Skip to main content

More birthdays and more

Two weeks ago the birthday celebrations continued after Clara's friend party on Saturday. Sunday we headed to Hurdsfield to celebrate Oliver's second birthday. His party was right up my alley with a cookie theme!





Clara was behind my camera and auntie behind hers.



Love these two beauties.


Dunk (pin) the cookie in the glass of milk game.





I sure wish now that I could remember what Reagan said that was so funny.



Next up was Dana's birthday. We went out to eat at TX Roadhouse.


Then made it to a Fargo Force hockey game. Dana's co-worker had gotten Dana a ticket not realizing it was Dana's birthday that day. So, Dana got additional tickets so that the girls and I could go too. We had great seats, so it was really fun. I took Clara home early since it was a 'school night' and all.


Alex is a pretty silly guy. :-)


The next night we finished celebrating with some pie. Yum!


I realize this doesn't really match up as Brynn put together this photo and frame for Dana, but he is posing for this pic with Clara. Oh well!



We had a busy weekend last weekend. Brynn attended the school carnival with her friend so we  (Dana, Clara and I) didn't even end up going this year.

Clara jamming out to her fav Def Leppard song. She was into it!


On Saturday morning Brynn had her last roller skating lesson. In the afternoon Clara went over to her friend, Adria's, house to play. My best friend who is Adria's mom sent me this pic of the two of them going on a bike trailer ride. So cute.

While Clara was at Adria's, Brynn attended a cheer tumbling camp at the same facility where she does gymnastics. They had a little performance at the end where each participant could show off what he/she learned that afternoon. There were varying levels of experience, and clearly some of the kids were already on some type of cheer or acro team or something, but they did divide the group into two different sections based on skill level. Brynn was in the less experienced bunch. It's difficult to make her out in this picture, but I have to point out that at the time that I took this pic, she is next to one of the instructors (who is in a black shirt) in a blue leotard...essentially at the 'beginning' of the line-up for that group. As the other kids showed off what they learned and took their turn, Brynn kept inching more and more toward the back of the line, clearly not wanting to be the next one to take a turn. I think she was becoming intimidated by the skill level of some of the other kids.



Finally, though, it did get down to the last few kids, so she went for it. She seemed pretty disgruntled and disappointed afterward as I think she was bummed she didn't "land" her back flip (or whatever it's called) as well as she wanted to. Overall, though, she did have fun, she said, and would do another one.


The fun didn't end there last Saturday, though! I had gotten tickets for Brynn and I to attend a June B Jones production put on by the NDSU theater students. June B Jones is a book series that Brynn was pretty into for a while. The play was based on one of the books in the series.







The cast did a great job and had fun, interactive things set up for the audience. Brynn enjoyed reading each of the cast members' bios and posing in the photo booth.

It looks like she could fit right into a drama or theater major. ;-)



The Sunday School kids at the 9:30 AM service that we attend sang last Sunday. So many kids! I won't even try to point out where Brynn is because you can't see her anyhow!



This note that Clara's teachers messaged me the other day really cracked me up. Based on the time it was sent (you can see the time stamp below) and the fact that it looks like the room is darkened, I knew she should have been lying down for a rest, but I couldn't help but be proud of all the letters she wrote for her note to me. :-) (I did get her some chapstick to have at school. Ha.)
The girls and I were playing farmer the other night. We are doing a project at work where I received a packet of spring wheat to plant in this container. You think I'd maybe have a leg up on my co-workers being a farmer's daughter, but clearly I should have paid more attention to the whole farming routine and what not whilst I was growing up. But, thankfully, we got my crop consultant (aka Dad) on the phone for some tips! I think I'm going to need to irrigate, though.



Brynn didn't have school Thursday and Friday this week, so they headed to Grandpa and Grandma Froemming's for a couple of nights. Holly sent me this text of them in their "Noak's Ark Campground," as they had apparently named it. Looks fun!



Little Cinderella doing her cleaning. :-)



Clara has been requesting to do her own "special prayers," as she calls them lately. Such a precious heart.




Speaking of all these birthdays, Brynn came straight home from Grandpa and Grandma's and headed straight to a friend's sleepover birthday party.





Comments

theweckerlys said…
Aw, I love it all! Great post. You guys have been busy!

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Things + Dana's Hunting Trip

 Clara and I walked over to the high school for a boys' soccer game. They were pretty impressive to watch. Elise and Clara had fun raking leaves and Grandpa and Grandma's lake. Well, I know Clara had a great time for sure. I can't remember if I had posted that Dana did away with the garden and planted grass where it once was. So, Clara mowed that section. It was a perfect size for her to tackle. She might have found herself a summer job already. An amazing double rainbow! Thank you to those who donated for Clara's school walk-a-thon which took place last Monday. Dana and I were able to go watch and then joined in for some laps as well. Benny the Eagle was out there cheering the kids on too. Dana was busy making monster cookies for his annual hunting trip up north with his Dad and family friends. He kindly left some behind for us...which are long since gone now. :-) Grandma Holly came up while the guys were gone and took Clara shopping and the girls for lunch on Saturday

Thanksgiving 2023

The kids rolled out and baked sugar cookies for Thanksgiving. We finished our thankful pumpkin. I saw this in the store and given the season, it took me right back to my Grandma D's house on Thanksgiving and the bowl of walnuts she'd have on her table with the nutcracker. I wanted to buy it just for nostalgia purposes. Cora and Clara made these adorable turkey crafts at the crafternoon at the library.  On Tuesday we went downtown for the tree lighting at Broadway Square. Abby, Hubert's sister, joined us as well. She just turned 10, so she got along pretty well with Clara. They had s'mores kits so we had to toast some mallows right away. I love how Clara's marshmallow is completely ablaze and she's still posing for the photo. Hahaha. We had to visit the reindeer too. I made them do jazz hands. And then, of course, we had to hit up Blackbird afterward. Our Wednesday morning XaBeat class. We were feelin' pretty festive. The girls had Wednesday off from school,

May Day + My Birthday + Star Wars Day

Brynn put together our May Day baskets and did a fantastic job. Clara and I did the deliveries... And we received one as well with these beautiful flowers. It was from Clara's friend, Cora, and her fam. We went out to dinner as a family to celebrate my birthday on Wednesday to best accommodate schedules this week. I got to open my cards and gifts when we got home. I had picked up a slice of puppy chow cake at Sonder Bakehouse so we all shared that. Then Brynn and I went out to play a little tennis. It was a beautiful day outside. I had taken Friday (my actual birthday) off of work and Tessa came up to have brunch with me. We had Black Coffee + Waffle Bar. It was so fun. Then May did my hair as it was overdue for a cut and color. Dana and I were able to go out just us two while Brynn took Clara to her school fun night...not only that, but Brynn also volunteered to sell tickets/wristbands (I was originally going to do it) so that I didn't have to and could go out. 💜 I had a coup