Skip to main content

Pre-Thanksgiving Auntie Christel's Birthday

This time last year I had traveled to Seattle for a work trip and went back again for the same meeting last week. This was the view from my room which seemed to be a little walking trail. I didn't really get to do anything too exciting.



On Saturday the girls and I were bell ringers for the Salvation Army kettle at the Cash Wise on 13th Ave. Our "shift" was for two hours. It all started out really well!




They lasted probably about an hour and then started to get tired out. Thankfully it seemed many people were shopping for Thanksgiving, so we did have decent traffic at least.




Clara in the tub...with lots of bubbles!


I returned from Seattle on Thursday and then worked Friday and took off this whole past week. I had such a great time. On Monday I did some shopping downtown and made it to some stores that I have wanted to check out but never have made it to before.

I was able to get caught up on some other errands and get some stuff done in preparation for Thanksgiving and such. I picked up Clara early from school and she went late on Tuesday as she helped me clean out the entire fridge in the morning. Such a helper!

She was all dressed up when I went to get her later that afternoon. They had made pumpkin pie and I guess Clara didn't care for it. She was telling me about it and her friend she was playing with goes, "Clara! Why didn't you like it; you made it?" haha. Not everything I make is always to my liking either!



We sold our crib and changing table set! So, Clara is in her bed all the time now and doing pretty well. She'll still get up once the night sometimes to have me tuck her back in, but she's definitely getting more used to it.


Christel and John came on Tuesday night as we were going to be celebrating Christel's birthday on Wednesday night. (Her actual birthday is on Sunday.)

John brought Dana his Christmas gift early which was the original Nintendo gaming system. I remember when Tessa and I had gotten it for Christmas one year and that is pretty much all we did for the remainder of Christmas break!



Brynn was off of school beginning on Wednesday  so I had made dentist appointments for the girls and Brynn wanted to get her hair cut. It is very thick, which is nice, but that also results in a lot of tangles for and it seems very hard for her to mange it and get it really clean when shampooing and such. This stylist, Ashley, has done her hair for several Butterfly Ball events and I think was the one who cut her hair when Brynn donated to Locks of Love. She always does a  really good job. She thinned it out a bit and layered it some so that it would lay really nicely. She loves it and it really did turn out nicely on her.



Time to party! The first part of our celebration for auntie Christel's birthday was dinner at Porter Creek. It was nice a quiet in there and they always have good food.


Next up was the real party at Skate City! Dana had gotten Christel a special tiara and sash to wear for the occasion.



Ready to skate.


The girls played a few of the games they had there and got a couple prizes.





Ready to light 'em up!



We got all 40 candles on the cake, but it sure took a long time to light them all. ;-)


It was a total blast and I think everyone had a good time. There was one other birthday girl there celebrating her 8th birthday.




Happy birthday, auntie Christel! We love you. Here's to the next 40!

Comments

theweckerlys said…
Haha, love the "but you made it!" comment from Clara's friend. Happy bday to Christel - what a fun way to celebrate!

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Things + Dana's Hunting Trip

 Clara and I walked over to the high school for a boys' soccer game. They were pretty impressive to watch. Elise and Clara had fun raking leaves and Grandpa and Grandma's lake. Well, I know Clara had a great time for sure. I can't remember if I had posted that Dana did away with the garden and planted grass where it once was. So, Clara mowed that section. It was a perfect size for her to tackle. She might have found herself a summer job already. An amazing double rainbow! Thank you to those who donated for Clara's school walk-a-thon which took place last Monday. Dana and I were able to go watch and then joined in for some laps as well. Benny the Eagle was out there cheering the kids on too. Dana was busy making monster cookies for his annual hunting trip up north with his Dad and family friends. He kindly left some behind for us...which are long since gone now. :-) Grandma Holly came up while the guys were gone and took Clara shopping and the girls for lunch on Saturday

Thanksgiving 2023

The kids rolled out and baked sugar cookies for Thanksgiving. We finished our thankful pumpkin. I saw this in the store and given the season, it took me right back to my Grandma D's house on Thanksgiving and the bowl of walnuts she'd have on her table with the nutcracker. I wanted to buy it just for nostalgia purposes. Cora and Clara made these adorable turkey crafts at the crafternoon at the library.  On Tuesday we went downtown for the tree lighting at Broadway Square. Abby, Hubert's sister, joined us as well. She just turned 10, so she got along pretty well with Clara. They had s'mores kits so we had to toast some mallows right away. I love how Clara's marshmallow is completely ablaze and she's still posing for the photo. Hahaha. We had to visit the reindeer too. I made them do jazz hands. And then, of course, we had to hit up Blackbird afterward. Our Wednesday morning XaBeat class. We were feelin' pretty festive. The girls had Wednesday off from school,

May Day + My Birthday + Star Wars Day

Brynn put together our May Day baskets and did a fantastic job. Clara and I did the deliveries... And we received one as well with these beautiful flowers. It was from Clara's friend, Cora, and her fam. We went out to dinner as a family to celebrate my birthday on Wednesday to best accommodate schedules this week. I got to open my cards and gifts when we got home. I had picked up a slice of puppy chow cake at Sonder Bakehouse so we all shared that. Then Brynn and I went out to play a little tennis. It was a beautiful day outside. I had taken Friday (my actual birthday) off of work and Tessa came up to have brunch with me. We had Black Coffee + Waffle Bar. It was so fun. Then May did my hair as it was overdue for a cut and color. Dana and I were able to go out just us two while Brynn took Clara to her school fun night...not only that, but Brynn also volunteered to sell tickets/wristbands (I was originally going to do it) so that I didn't have to and could go out. 💜 I had a coup