Skip to main content

Recent Events

The week after I was back from CA we had another storm day. We made waffles in the morning and didn't do too many other exciting things, unfortunately. The girls did make it out for a little bit later in the day.




 The next day they were waiting for Dad to come home so he could bring them their last missing ingredient to make slime: glue.





Last weekend the girls and I went back to my parents' to spend a couple of days. We were going through a bunch of old stuff that my parents were organizing in their house...so many gems! :-D 

This is my mom's real rabbit fur coat that my dad bought her a long time ago of which Brynn is now the proud owner.

Speaking of fur... Seymour!


I love this note. It comes as no surprise, but it was just so precious how one of our teachers (and apparently the junior class advisor at the time) took the time to recognize Tessa's extra effort in helping out at the football game. Mom wondered if I was one of the delinquent juniors until I reminded her that I would have been a sophomore that year. :-)



Trying to get Seymour to love me.

We drove to Fessenden to have dinner (Rosa's!) with Grandma Darlene.




We also came home with Grandma's guitar which is still in really great shape.

Brynn tried looking up some YouTube videos to learn some chords and such, but didn't seem to have much luck. That didn't stop her from going her own way with it, though. The girls wrote a song together. Side note: I am now looking into legit guitar lessons for Brynn.




Clara was excited to show me their fun project they did at preschool. There is a whole 'garden' of flowers they put up on the wall and their flower is their same height. It was neat to see how tall some of the oldest kids have gotten. 



 Last Thursday my co-worker Pam and I volunteered at a United Way event at Drekker Brewing Company. That was the first time I had been in there and it was huge and amazing! Just gorgeous with all those large windows. Pam and I looked up what the building used to be originally and I guess it was some type of service garage for BNSF. (There is a track that runs right along side of it to the left there.)


Anyway, what we were doing was re-purposing the Imagination Library books that had been returned due to old/bad addresses and relabeling with United Way stickers to be donated/used at a different time. It was fun!



On Saturday morning Brynn and I attended an event at church held for mothers and tween and teen daughters. We spotted a couple of Brynn's friends at a table so we sat with them and pondered what beverage we'd like from Hebrews (the church coffee shop). I had a smoothie and Brynn had an Italian soda. I was definitely in the minority with not ordering a coffee.


Brynn enjoyed her Sandy's donut. ;-)



It was such a nice opportunity for Brynn and me to do something just the two of us. They did a great job with the event which was geared toward better communication between mothers and daughters. We were both really glad we went.

They had a worksheet for each of us to fill out with prompted questions like what your favorite memory together is and such. And then you were supposed to write a letter on the backside of it (to your mom or daughter and vice versa). Anyhow, I could hardly even get through the questions on the form because I started to get so emotional (shocker, I know). No way was I going to make it through actually writing the letter. Ugh! I thought I was going to have to excuse myself to the bathroom. I kept taking sips of water to try and keep it together. Seriously, I don't know what is wrong with me. I was telling Brynn all this when we got home and with her having a copy of Dana's brain up there in her head, she just looked at me with a bewildered look on her face. Haha. Uff.


One of the organizers mentioned how she kept a journal with her daughter and they would write back and forth to each other in it. Brynn loved that idea and on our trip to Walmart on the way home, we picked one up. We've already written a couple notes back and forth to one another.



Saturday afternoon we drove to Alexandria for a family friend's wedding reception and dance..

Clara enjoyed her chocolate cupcake. (They were very good!)


Fun photo op!





It didn't take too much coaxing for the girls to get busy shaking a leg on the dance floor.





It took us about an hour to say our good-byes to people and get the girls rounded up off the dance floor so we could drive back to Fargo. We were all searching for Brynn after she seemingly ran off due to disappointment from having to leave. Turns out I think she was most upset because she had already requested the song that we danced to at our wedding a couple of times and here we were about to leave and the DJ hadn't played it yet. We saw her come back into the dance and go up to the DJ again. As soon as the song that was playing ended, the DJ said the next song was going out to Dana and Tara from Brynn. So sweet. So, of course we had to dance to it before we headed out. (The song was 'Angel Eyes' by Jeff Healey.) I still remember dancing to it at our wedding like it was yesterday!



Once it starts getting closer to Easter Brynn likes to hide Easter eggs for Clara to find around the house. I think maybe she's trying to get her ready and prepped for the real deal. Haha.



My lovey bunny...with bunny pants on no less!

Playing a marble game that they made up today. Clara thought she automatically won because they were her marbles.


I was trying to get my 'bookwork' done this afternoon and catch up on bills. Clara was waiting and waiting for me to finish so that I could help her with the Easy Bake Oven. I kept giving her suggestions of things she could do instead of just staring at me the whole time I was working on the computer. She wasn't interested in any of that until after supper when she got out her Peppa Pig figurine set and played all by herself for quite a while. Oh well! That's how it always seems to go.


Comments

theweckerlys said…
Oh I love everything about this post! Cool idea with the slime going over the edge of the counter! Loving the rabbit fur on you :) Cozy Seymour kitty. Rosa's, yum. I see Brynn's rocking her Gryffindor jams. Keep me posted on guitar. What an awesome mother/daughter event! So nice that they put that on and what a neat opportunity for you two. We have done the writing back and forth in a notebook thing for bits of time and I love it! Gorgeous flower backdrop at the wedding. Clara's bunny leggins are adorable!
shelly said…
I love that flower backdrop too. Very pretty. Your glasses were hot. lol Great post. I guess we are the cry babies in the family. You think you're bad now. Wait till you get older.

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Things + Dana's Hunting Trip

 Clara and I walked over to the high school for a boys' soccer game. They were pretty impressive to watch. Elise and Clara had fun raking leaves and Grandpa and Grandma's lake. Well, I know Clara had a great time for sure. I can't remember if I had posted that Dana did away with the garden and planted grass where it once was. So, Clara mowed that section. It was a perfect size for her to tackle. She might have found herself a summer job already. An amazing double rainbow! Thank you to those who donated for Clara's school walk-a-thon which took place last Monday. Dana and I were able to go watch and then joined in for some laps as well. Benny the Eagle was out there cheering the kids on too. Dana was busy making monster cookies for his annual hunting trip up north with his Dad and family friends. He kindly left some behind for us...which are long since gone now. :-) Grandma Holly came up while the guys were gone and took Clara shopping and the girls for lunch on Saturday

Thanksgiving 2023

The kids rolled out and baked sugar cookies for Thanksgiving. We finished our thankful pumpkin. I saw this in the store and given the season, it took me right back to my Grandma D's house on Thanksgiving and the bowl of walnuts she'd have on her table with the nutcracker. I wanted to buy it just for nostalgia purposes. Cora and Clara made these adorable turkey crafts at the crafternoon at the library.  On Tuesday we went downtown for the tree lighting at Broadway Square. Abby, Hubert's sister, joined us as well. She just turned 10, so she got along pretty well with Clara. They had s'mores kits so we had to toast some mallows right away. I love how Clara's marshmallow is completely ablaze and she's still posing for the photo. Hahaha. We had to visit the reindeer too. I made them do jazz hands. And then, of course, we had to hit up Blackbird afterward. Our Wednesday morning XaBeat class. We were feelin' pretty festive. The girls had Wednesday off from school,

May Day + My Birthday + Star Wars Day

Brynn put together our May Day baskets and did a fantastic job. Clara and I did the deliveries... And we received one as well with these beautiful flowers. It was from Clara's friend, Cora, and her fam. We went out to dinner as a family to celebrate my birthday on Wednesday to best accommodate schedules this week. I got to open my cards and gifts when we got home. I had picked up a slice of puppy chow cake at Sonder Bakehouse so we all shared that. Then Brynn and I went out to play a little tennis. It was a beautiful day outside. I had taken Friday (my actual birthday) off of work and Tessa came up to have brunch with me. We had Black Coffee + Waffle Bar. It was so fun. Then May did my hair as it was overdue for a cut and color. Dana and I were able to go out just us two while Brynn took Clara to her school fun night...not only that, but Brynn also volunteered to sell tickets/wristbands (I was originally going to do it) so that I didn't have to and could go out. 💜 I had a coup