Skip to main content

September so far...

About a week and a half ago, Brynn got her Invisalign sets. She will have these in lieu of braces. They were fairly painful at first, but it didn't take long before she became accustomed to them. She just removes them to eat and then has to either brush or rinse her mouth and the trays before putting them back in. She switches to a new set each Sunday.





I feel like this time of year, and all summer long really, all I hear are crickets chirping. So, I didn't think too much of it when I heard loud chirping in Clara's preschool room. But, lo and behold, the school-agers had rounded up some crickets and they were being housed in the preschool room for a bit. So, Clara had to show them to me.




Last Saturday I flew out to Vegas for an International Baking Industry Expo that we were exhibiting at. Holy bakery samples! It was so delish, every day. I had three cookies for lunch one day. Oops! There were at least two different gelato companies there; some booths were giving out pie slices, donuts, pasta, bread, etc. We served s'mores from our booth! They seemed to be a pretty big hit. We had a camp theme going which was pretty fun.


There were also cake decorating contests going on during the show, so we would stop and admire them on our way out each evening. Yes, that one on the very left was indeed starting to tip. We noticed they removed that top section and just set it down by the cake when we arrived the next morning. Duff Goldman and Buddy (Cake Boss) from The Food Network were there as well, though I didn't actually get to see them.

I think this one was for the United Soybean Board.

I sent the girls a few pics of these other fun cakes.


And I got to meet the Pillsbury Dough Boy!

Dana and I had stayed at the Flamingo when we were there in July and I wound up there again this time as well.

On my last night, a couple of my co-workers and I headed down to Fremont Street. Dana and I hadn't even really known about it when we were there and it wasn't until we came back that we realized from everyone we talked to that we missed out on that part of town. It was pretty fun since I love old school stuff. It was neat to see what it looked like back in the day. And I had to meet Elvis, of course. :-)






I came back home late Wednesday night.

There was a bit of a rain storm on my flight from Vegas to Minneapolis. It was pretty neat to watch the lightning in the clouds.

Friday night Dana suggested we go to the Angry Birds 2 movie. Clara had her wolf costume on and decided to attend the movie in costume with her Angry Birds backpack and stuffed Red.



We went to the older theater (the Safari) in Moorhead and it was just us and another dad and his daughter seeing that movie. We sat and ate snacks and sat some more and 20 minutes had gone by and the movie still hadn't started yet. Dana went to see what was going on and here they thought it was already playing! Gah! So, another 15 minutes goes by and the movie finally starts. It was super funny, though, so it was worth the wait!

Last year Amanda and I traveled down to the cities to see Bob Seger in concert. We found out he was coming to Fargo and got tickets to see him again this past Saturday. He was still great!



Comments

theweckerlys said…
Ahh, great post! Love all the Vegas pics. Those cakes are amazing. Hope Brynn is getting along well with her Invisalign!
Amanda Lamm said…
Bobby was amazing! Thank you for posting. Get after those Invisalign's girl! Also, sweet hfi family pic, are you wearing airwalks?! Your shoes immediately reminded me of your 'walks of FHS times . . . memories ; )

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Things + Dana's Hunting Trip

 Clara and I walked over to the high school for a boys' soccer game. They were pretty impressive to watch. Elise and Clara had fun raking leaves and Grandpa and Grandma's lake. Well, I know Clara had a great time for sure. I can't remember if I had posted that Dana did away with the garden and planted grass where it once was. So, Clara mowed that section. It was a perfect size for her to tackle. She might have found herself a summer job already. An amazing double rainbow! Thank you to those who donated for Clara's school walk-a-thon which took place last Monday. Dana and I were able to go watch and then joined in for some laps as well. Benny the Eagle was out there cheering the kids on too. Dana was busy making monster cookies for his annual hunting trip up north with his Dad and family friends. He kindly left some behind for us...which are long since gone now. :-) Grandma Holly came up while the guys were gone and took Clara shopping and the girls for lunch on Saturday

Thanksgiving 2023

The kids rolled out and baked sugar cookies for Thanksgiving. We finished our thankful pumpkin. I saw this in the store and given the season, it took me right back to my Grandma D's house on Thanksgiving and the bowl of walnuts she'd have on her table with the nutcracker. I wanted to buy it just for nostalgia purposes. Cora and Clara made these adorable turkey crafts at the crafternoon at the library.  On Tuesday we went downtown for the tree lighting at Broadway Square. Abby, Hubert's sister, joined us as well. She just turned 10, so she got along pretty well with Clara. They had s'mores kits so we had to toast some mallows right away. I love how Clara's marshmallow is completely ablaze and she's still posing for the photo. Hahaha. We had to visit the reindeer too. I made them do jazz hands. And then, of course, we had to hit up Blackbird afterward. Our Wednesday morning XaBeat class. We were feelin' pretty festive. The girls had Wednesday off from school,

May Day + My Birthday + Star Wars Day

Brynn put together our May Day baskets and did a fantastic job. Clara and I did the deliveries... And we received one as well with these beautiful flowers. It was from Clara's friend, Cora, and her fam. We went out to dinner as a family to celebrate my birthday on Wednesday to best accommodate schedules this week. I got to open my cards and gifts when we got home. I had picked up a slice of puppy chow cake at Sonder Bakehouse so we all shared that. Then Brynn and I went out to play a little tennis. It was a beautiful day outside. I had taken Friday (my actual birthday) off of work and Tessa came up to have brunch with me. We had Black Coffee + Waffle Bar. It was so fun. Then May did my hair as it was overdue for a cut and color. Dana and I were able to go out just us two while Brynn took Clara to her school fun night...not only that, but Brynn also volunteered to sell tickets/wristbands (I was originally going to do it) so that I didn't have to and could go out. 💜 I had a coup