Skip to main content

Snow + Eddie Updates + Cousins Weekend + Grandpa's Birthday + Pre-Halloween

Eddie is continuing his escape adventures. Brynn has been taking him out of his cage so he can run around a bit more. (I think she did find a ball for him to run around in on Amazon this week). 


He is forever trying to escape. I couldn't believe how he straddled his way up the corner of this box. I was trying to hold him back from jumping out with this other box.

So, finally I just put the top of his cage over the box, but he still attempted to escape through the one opening I left him.


Brynn got him corralled again, but then he weaseled his way under the lid.

Brynn is working with him more now and he already seems more tame and less like he wants to bite your finger off. 



Almost all of our snow is gone by this time now, but last week the girls were able to be out playing in it.


Clara and her mini snowman.

And Adria!

If I remember correctly, Clara was cleaning her feet or something like that in the sink one night last week. I came around the corner to come back to the kitchen to find that she had put her whole self in there. We were surprised that she actually did fit pretty well. Then, she needed a snack while she was in there which, of course, was an apple.


On Friday we met Tessa and her girls in Jamestown for a bit of a cousin exchange for the weekend. Clara went back home with auntie and we took Reagan back with us.

Clara had a great time, of course. On Saturday they made homemade donuts with Grandma. (Thank you, Tessa, for these pics.)







Meanwhile in Fargo Regan and Brynn kept pretty busy. They were dying some dolls' hair in the below pics.


I figured I'd snap a glimpse of almost everything they did so I could document the weekend which meant I needed a pic of 'screen time.' ;-)


Reagan was proud of her tub of cheese balls, so she wanted to include that in the picture too. They really are so tasty, though!



Brynn has been wanting to try an escape room for a while now and this past weekend seemed like a good opportunity to do it.

I went with them for 'support.' But, it was just us three inside the room. We had one hour to solve all the puzzles and 'escape.' 

The manager told us they would be watching us and listening to us. We could ask for hints, but based on the theme of our room (bird photography), we had to do a bird call and then they would put a hint up on the TV screen on the wall.


I know people have joked on social media about this generation's reactions to rotary phones. I did have to chuckle when indeed, Brynn asked where 'enter' was on this phone. :-) She has a look of concentration here as she was trying to listen to and decipher a message that a clue had led them to via a phone call. 



They mostly wanted to solve the room by themselves, so I really didn't help all that much. We did not successfully escape the room, but got really close. It turned out this was a moderately difficult room, which would have been nice to have realized that when we booked it, but they still had fun.

Dana pulled them on the sled for a bit on Saturday too.


We had yet to celebrate Grandpa's birthday from earlier this month and were finally able to do that on Sunday with Famous Dave's and pie. Brynn did the honors with the candles.



Happy birthday, Grandpa!


Clara is getting to be a good kitchen helper!

We made our ghost cookie treats for Halloween yesterday. Yummy.



Some of us dressed up for our exercise class this morning.  

Clara was able to bring her costume to school today. 
She is now going to school in person Monday through Thursday, so the whole class is now together. They look so cute and little in their costumes!



Clara's school pictures came back today. So sweet. :-)










Comments

theweckerlys said…
Love it! Cute pics with Grandpa Kevin. Love the pictures of the girls; Reagan had a blast, and yes she was very excited about her Cheez balls. :P
Anonymous said…
Love these action packed pics! Can't wait to meet Ed!

Love,
A : )

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Things + Dana's Hunting Trip

 Clara and I walked over to the high school for a boys' soccer game. They were pretty impressive to watch. Elise and Clara had fun raking leaves and Grandpa and Grandma's lake. Well, I know Clara had a great time for sure. I can't remember if I had posted that Dana did away with the garden and planted grass where it once was. So, Clara mowed that section. It was a perfect size for her to tackle. She might have found herself a summer job already. An amazing double rainbow! Thank you to those who donated for Clara's school walk-a-thon which took place last Monday. Dana and I were able to go watch and then joined in for some laps as well. Benny the Eagle was out there cheering the kids on too. Dana was busy making monster cookies for his annual hunting trip up north with his Dad and family friends. He kindly left some behind for us...which are long since gone now. :-) Grandma Holly came up while the guys were gone and took Clara shopping and the girls for lunch on Saturday

Thanksgiving 2023

The kids rolled out and baked sugar cookies for Thanksgiving. We finished our thankful pumpkin. I saw this in the store and given the season, it took me right back to my Grandma D's house on Thanksgiving and the bowl of walnuts she'd have on her table with the nutcracker. I wanted to buy it just for nostalgia purposes. Cora and Clara made these adorable turkey crafts at the crafternoon at the library.  On Tuesday we went downtown for the tree lighting at Broadway Square. Abby, Hubert's sister, joined us as well. She just turned 10, so she got along pretty well with Clara. They had s'mores kits so we had to toast some mallows right away. I love how Clara's marshmallow is completely ablaze and she's still posing for the photo. Hahaha. We had to visit the reindeer too. I made them do jazz hands. And then, of course, we had to hit up Blackbird afterward. Our Wednesday morning XaBeat class. We were feelin' pretty festive. The girls had Wednesday off from school,

May Day + My Birthday + Star Wars Day

Brynn put together our May Day baskets and did a fantastic job. Clara and I did the deliveries... And we received one as well with these beautiful flowers. It was from Clara's friend, Cora, and her fam. We went out to dinner as a family to celebrate my birthday on Wednesday to best accommodate schedules this week. I got to open my cards and gifts when we got home. I had picked up a slice of puppy chow cake at Sonder Bakehouse so we all shared that. Then Brynn and I went out to play a little tennis. It was a beautiful day outside. I had taken Friday (my actual birthday) off of work and Tessa came up to have brunch with me. We had Black Coffee + Waffle Bar. It was so fun. Then May did my hair as it was overdue for a cut and color. Dana and I were able to go out just us two while Brynn took Clara to her school fun night...not only that, but Brynn also volunteered to sell tickets/wristbands (I was originally going to do it) so that I didn't have to and could go out. 💜 I had a coup