Skip to main content

August

I thought this picture was so cute of Brynn and Brooklyn when they said at Grandpa and Grandma Froemming's lake and wore Grandma's glasses. 

Brynn and Hubert made it to the Barbie movie. They both said it was really good.

Clara was showing me her yarn tricks from a book that Izabell gave her for her birthday.


Neighbor cat, Lucky, came over for a visit with Clara one morning.



Amanda and I attempted to attend the Sawyer Brown concert, but got rained out and by the time they were supposed to take the stage, it was going to be close to 9:30-10:00, so we went to Scoop N Dough and then home instead. And then I took a hot shower to warm up. 


Slow mornings will soon be coming to a halt once school starts on the 28th.


We went to our friends' house in Sartell, near St. Cloud for a long overdue weekend visit.





Yarn tricks with Jessica's mom.

The girls and I went to a nearby park that was along the Watab River.






We got to looking at Roger and Jessica's wedding albums.


Dana being a passenger princess on the way home.

Lilacs from our tree.

Brynn made some clay creations. 

Clara was able to check out her classroom this past week and 'meet' her teacher. She actually already knew him as he taught the golf lessons that Clara took through Fargo Parks last summer. She was hoping for either him or another teacher, so she was excited. She got to pick her desk and learned that there are several of her school friends in this class too. She did a reading assessment while we were there too. It's going to be a great year!

Brooklyn's sister, Rae, brought Clara's birthday gift that she had for her over and they ended up going for a swim.








I was near Streeter, ND yesterday getting drone footage of some flax and buckwheat production for work.

Yesterday was Izabell's last day with us as MSUM starts classes on Monday. They watched a movie and all three girls when to the mall and Clara bought herself a Build A Bear (which we now have at our mall in Fargo!). You can see her bear in the corner of the pic.


For the past two years (or more), Brynn and I had wanted to do pics in a sunflower field. We finally had a chance to do it last night. We were a little late in getting out there as far as losing daylight, but we still got a lot of good ones - I had a beautiful model! It was really fun. In fact, a photographer and a couple were just leaving as we were arriving. Ha. I'll do a separate post of just sunflower pics.



Comments

Tessa said…
Shoot that was too bad about Sawyer Brown! That would have been a good concert. We were just lamenting the passing of slow mornings around here too. The pictures of Roger and Dana are hilarious. I am also dying at Dana being a passenger princess (or prince I guess, haha). Great to see Clara enjoying her new pool and the warm days while they're still here! Best wishes to Izabell as she starts her new school year. That is so cool that Clara got a build-a-bear! I saw they were opening at West Acres. I'll have to have her tell me all about it.

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Things + Dana's Hunting Trip

 Clara and I walked over to the high school for a boys' soccer game. They were pretty impressive to watch. Elise and Clara had fun raking leaves and Grandpa and Grandma's lake. Well, I know Clara had a great time for sure. I can't remember if I had posted that Dana did away with the garden and planted grass where it once was. So, Clara mowed that section. It was a perfect size for her to tackle. She might have found herself a summer job already. An amazing double rainbow! Thank you to those who donated for Clara's school walk-a-thon which took place last Monday. Dana and I were able to go watch and then joined in for some laps as well. Benny the Eagle was out there cheering the kids on too. Dana was busy making monster cookies for his annual hunting trip up north with his Dad and family friends. He kindly left some behind for us...which are long since gone now. :-) Grandma Holly came up while the guys were gone and took Clara shopping and the girls for lunch on Saturday

Thanksgiving 2023

The kids rolled out and baked sugar cookies for Thanksgiving. We finished our thankful pumpkin. I saw this in the store and given the season, it took me right back to my Grandma D's house on Thanksgiving and the bowl of walnuts she'd have on her table with the nutcracker. I wanted to buy it just for nostalgia purposes. Cora and Clara made these adorable turkey crafts at the crafternoon at the library.  On Tuesday we went downtown for the tree lighting at Broadway Square. Abby, Hubert's sister, joined us as well. She just turned 10, so she got along pretty well with Clara. They had s'mores kits so we had to toast some mallows right away. I love how Clara's marshmallow is completely ablaze and she's still posing for the photo. Hahaha. We had to visit the reindeer too. I made them do jazz hands. And then, of course, we had to hit up Blackbird afterward. Our Wednesday morning XaBeat class. We were feelin' pretty festive. The girls had Wednesday off from school,

May Day + My Birthday + Star Wars Day

Brynn put together our May Day baskets and did a fantastic job. Clara and I did the deliveries... And we received one as well with these beautiful flowers. It was from Clara's friend, Cora, and her fam. We went out to dinner as a family to celebrate my birthday on Wednesday to best accommodate schedules this week. I got to open my cards and gifts when we got home. I had picked up a slice of puppy chow cake at Sonder Bakehouse so we all shared that. Then Brynn and I went out to play a little tennis. It was a beautiful day outside. I had taken Friday (my actual birthday) off of work and Tessa came up to have brunch with me. We had Black Coffee + Waffle Bar. It was so fun. Then May did my hair as it was overdue for a cut and color. Dana and I were able to go out just us two while Brynn took Clara to her school fun night...not only that, but Brynn also volunteered to sell tickets/wristbands (I was originally going to do it) so that I didn't have to and could go out. 💜 I had a coup