Skip to main content

Fall Things + Dana's Hunting Trip

 Clara and I walked over to the high school for a boys' soccer game. They were pretty impressive to watch.

Elise and Clara had fun raking leaves and Grandpa and Grandma's lake. Well, I know Clara had a great time for sure.


I can't remember if I had posted that Dana did away with the garden and planted grass where it once was. So, Clara mowed that section. It was a perfect size for her to tackle. She might have found herself a summer job already.

An amazing double rainbow!

Thank you to those who donated for Clara's school walk-a-thon which took place last Monday. Dana and I were able to go watch and then joined in for some laps as well. Benny the Eagle was out there cheering the kids on too.



Dana was busy making monster cookies for his annual hunting trip up north with his Dad and family friends. He kindly left some behind for us...which are long since gone now. :-)

Grandma Holly came up while the guys were gone and took Clara shopping and the girls for lunch on Saturday.



We picked up Brynn's friends and Grandma, Clara and I all visited the pumpkin patch in the afternoon.




Clara didn't last long on her horse ride, but the big kids enjoyed it, I think.







It's not a trip out there if we aren't getting mini donuts. They're so good.














Clara and I head to head back home early as we had  my co-worker's wedding to attend. She was a wonderful date and we both had a great time. It was a beautiful wedding.




I thought for sure I wasn't going to get her off that dance floor, but finally the DJ started playing songs for the older generations and by that time, she started to get tired.



On Sunday Hubert helped Clara complete her Baby Yoda LEGO set that she had received from Nanny Jenine for her birthday. Dad and Clara had meticulously been working on it since she got it. So cool!


Brynn and Hubert painted their small pumpkins.

Some pics from Dana's trip that I stole off of Facebook. He said he had a great time.









Comments

theweckerlys said…
Wow, go Clara on the mower! If she needs any more practice, you can send her our way :) Gorgeous double rainbow! Looks like Dana had quite the cookie production going there. Where was that John Deere tractor with the toys on it that Clara was sitting on? How cool! Really great pumpkin patch pictures!! That Lego Yoda is awesome.

Popular posts from this blog

Thanksgiving 2023

The kids rolled out and baked sugar cookies for Thanksgiving. We finished our thankful pumpkin. I saw this in the store and given the season, it took me right back to my Grandma D's house on Thanksgiving and the bowl of walnuts she'd have on her table with the nutcracker. I wanted to buy it just for nostalgia purposes. Cora and Clara made these adorable turkey crafts at the crafternoon at the library.  On Tuesday we went downtown for the tree lighting at Broadway Square. Abby, Hubert's sister, joined us as well. She just turned 10, so she got along pretty well with Clara. They had s'mores kits so we had to toast some mallows right away. I love how Clara's marshmallow is completely ablaze and she's still posing for the photo. Hahaha. We had to visit the reindeer too. I made them do jazz hands. And then, of course, we had to hit up Blackbird afterward. Our Wednesday morning XaBeat class. We were feelin' pretty festive. The girls had Wednesday off from school,

May Day + My Birthday + Star Wars Day

Brynn put together our May Day baskets and did a fantastic job. Clara and I did the deliveries... And we received one as well with these beautiful flowers. It was from Clara's friend, Cora, and her fam. We went out to dinner as a family to celebrate my birthday on Wednesday to best accommodate schedules this week. I got to open my cards and gifts when we got home. I had picked up a slice of puppy chow cake at Sonder Bakehouse so we all shared that. Then Brynn and I went out to play a little tennis. It was a beautiful day outside. I had taken Friday (my actual birthday) off of work and Tessa came up to have brunch with me. We had Black Coffee + Waffle Bar. It was so fun. Then May did my hair as it was overdue for a cut and color. Dana and I were able to go out just us two while Brynn took Clara to her school fun night...not only that, but Brynn also volunteered to sell tickets/wristbands (I was originally going to do it) so that I didn't have to and could go out. 💜 I had a coup