Skip to main content

May Happenings + More Birthday Celebration + Northern Lights + Mother's Day

 S'mores on the deck...








We got Brynn's team tennis pics back. They turned out great! I had to get a couple of pins and magnets. I should have taken a pic of Hubert and me spectating at one of her games last week as Hubert was sporting his pin. :-)


We three girls played last week during a nice evening.

Clara's class is doing an alphabet countdown to the last day of school. J was joke day. And Clara loves to share jokes with her teacher. She made her own joke book to bring.


Cindy took Dad and me out to lunch for our birthdays last Thursday. It was such a fun time and Dad and I each got a cookie skillet for being the birthday kids! So delish.

We went to Granite City. Always good!

Dana and I went to Sartell, MN on Thursday night and arrived late. We stopped over at the after party of the groom's dinner for our friends getting married on Friday. I snagged their kitty for a snuggle.

Roger and I were the photographers for the wedding which was beautiful. We had such a good time. (Roger was pulling double duty as a groomsman, so his son, Zander, stood in as another shooter when Rog had to do his groomsman duties.)


Zander was telling me how the Northern Lights were supposed to be very prominent and active that night. He had gotten some good photos of them in the past and so we hatched a plan to drive out of town to try and get some pics after the wedding dance. At around midnight, Roger, Jess, Zander and I headed out near Rice, MN, only about 10 minutes from their house in Sartell. We had pretty good luck there, but then Roger suggested we keep going near Little Falls which was probably another 20-30 minute drive. I'm glad we went the extra miles, because it was so worth it. I have wanted to see the Northern Lights for many years, and I was so glad to finally experience them. I just took these with my phone camera.






Zander was getting rid of a bunch of books that he had from when he was younger, so I loaded a pile of them that I thought Clara would like into my car. 

On Saturday we headed out and picked up Grandpa and Grandma Oberg on our way to Dead Lake. Clara stayed with Holly and Kevin while we were gone to the wedding. It was a gorgeous day outside.






Then we went on to my parents' lake to celebrate Dad's birthday with a fish fry, German chocolate cake made by Brynn and baseball.
Brynn's lake 'swim suit' outfit.

Fish fryin' duty! 





Dana called me out to the front yard on Saturday as the Northern Lights were supposed to be visible again that night. I was so surprised that we could see them at all from right in town. By the time I got out there, they had already lightened and I couldn't see much. He and Brynn got these with their phones.




We had brunch on Mother's Day with my parents, Tessa and her kids at Porter Creek.






We love all the mothers in our lives and are so thankful for them! Personally, I had a wonderful Mother's Day. The fam thought Mom needed a new tennis racquet, so we went across the street to Scheels after brunch and found me one. We played tennis and pickleball in the afternoon, after Dana detailed my car inside and out. I made it to my yoga class and came back to burgers for dinner and then cards and some football. I felt so loved.








Brynn bought me flowers!



Then I hopped over to Amanda's house to wish her a happy Mother's Day in person and we had a nice visit.








 





Comments

theweckerlys said…
What an awesome Mother's Day! Yay! I'm so glad you were celebrated and felt all the love :) I'm glad I got to spend part of the day with you. So awesome that you finally got to see the northern lights!

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Things + Dana's Hunting Trip

 Clara and I walked over to the high school for a boys' soccer game. They were pretty impressive to watch. Elise and Clara had fun raking leaves and Grandpa and Grandma's lake. Well, I know Clara had a great time for sure. I can't remember if I had posted that Dana did away with the garden and planted grass where it once was. So, Clara mowed that section. It was a perfect size for her to tackle. She might have found herself a summer job already. An amazing double rainbow! Thank you to those who donated for Clara's school walk-a-thon which took place last Monday. Dana and I were able to go watch and then joined in for some laps as well. Benny the Eagle was out there cheering the kids on too. Dana was busy making monster cookies for his annual hunting trip up north with his Dad and family friends. He kindly left some behind for us...which are long since gone now. :-) Grandma Holly came up while the guys were gone and took Clara shopping and the girls for lunch on Saturday

Thanksgiving 2023

The kids rolled out and baked sugar cookies for Thanksgiving. We finished our thankful pumpkin. I saw this in the store and given the season, it took me right back to my Grandma D's house on Thanksgiving and the bowl of walnuts she'd have on her table with the nutcracker. I wanted to buy it just for nostalgia purposes. Cora and Clara made these adorable turkey crafts at the crafternoon at the library.  On Tuesday we went downtown for the tree lighting at Broadway Square. Abby, Hubert's sister, joined us as well. She just turned 10, so she got along pretty well with Clara. They had s'mores kits so we had to toast some mallows right away. I love how Clara's marshmallow is completely ablaze and she's still posing for the photo. Hahaha. We had to visit the reindeer too. I made them do jazz hands. And then, of course, we had to hit up Blackbird afterward. Our Wednesday morning XaBeat class. We were feelin' pretty festive. The girls had Wednesday off from school,

May Day + My Birthday + Star Wars Day

Brynn put together our May Day baskets and did a fantastic job. Clara and I did the deliveries... And we received one as well with these beautiful flowers. It was from Clara's friend, Cora, and her fam. We went out to dinner as a family to celebrate my birthday on Wednesday to best accommodate schedules this week. I got to open my cards and gifts when we got home. I had picked up a slice of puppy chow cake at Sonder Bakehouse so we all shared that. Then Brynn and I went out to play a little tennis. It was a beautiful day outside. I had taken Friday (my actual birthday) off of work and Tessa came up to have brunch with me. We had Black Coffee + Waffle Bar. It was so fun. Then May did my hair as it was overdue for a cut and color. Dana and I were able to go out just us two while Brynn took Clara to her school fun night...not only that, but Brynn also volunteered to sell tickets/wristbands (I was originally going to do it) so that I didn't have to and could go out. 💜 I had a coup