Skip to main content

May Day + My Birthday + Star Wars Day

Brynn put together our May Day baskets and did a fantastic job.




Clara and I did the deliveries...

And we received one as well with these beautiful flowers. It was from Clara's friend, Cora, and her fam.

We went out to dinner as a family to celebrate my birthday on Wednesday to best accommodate schedules this week.

I got to open my cards and gifts when we got home.



I had picked up a slice of puppy chow cake at Sonder Bakehouse so we all shared that.

Then Brynn and I went out to play a little tennis. It was a beautiful day outside.

I had taken Friday (my actual birthday) off of work and Tessa came up to have brunch with me. We had Black Coffee + Waffle Bar. It was so fun.

Then May did my hair as it was overdue for a cut and color.

Dana and I were able to go out just us two while Brynn took Clara to her school fun night...not only that, but Brynn also volunteered to sell tickets/wristbands (I was originally going to do it) so that I didn't have to and could go out. 💜

I had a coupon for a free birthday dessert, so after dinner we went to Blarney so I could collect that. It's our favorite!

And they gave me a free shot too!

Dana is hosting a bachelor party at our house this weekend. He and Clara spent Friday afternoon cleaning out the garage...to turn it into a computer lab apparently. Haha. All the guys are gamers, so Dana got everyone set up out there. 

Clara and I went down to Forest River park for a walk this afternoon.


We learned Zandbroz downtown will be closing in about a month so we wanted to make sure we got there one last time. :-(

May the Fourth be with you if you are celebrating Star Wars day today. I am not a fan personally, but Clara and Dana are. The Fargo Theater always plays one of the Star Wars movies on May 4th, and Dana and Clara usually go out on a little date and take in the movie.

Since Dana had the bachelor party going on, I stood in for him this year. Clara wanted to go back to Jay's Smokin' BBQ, where we had gone for Dana's birthday.






Elite movie snacks!

I confirmed that I am indeed not a Star Wars fan. I had never seen any of the movies because they didn't appeal to me. I was trying to keep an open mind going in tonight, but it was pretty bad, in my opinion. Haha. I brought my iPad with me in case I had wanted to read a book on it, and I was glad I did. I think Clara had a good time though. She had already seen this one which was the fourth in the series: A New Hope. She was still on the edge of her seat though. 

Brynn and her friend Kate when to Dead Lake for part of the weekend. Sounds like they've been having a good time.


Here is a court group shot of the JV tennis team. Brynn is fourth in from the right, in the front. They had two matches that were canceled or rescheduled this past week, again due to weather. They were able to play on Wednesday and won both matches in that game.







Comments

theweckerlys said…
I am so glad to see May Day baskets are still alive and well! I was just thinking about May Day baskets on the first. Oh my gosh, how was the puppy chow cake? Drool. I'm glad you were well celebrated for your birthday! That was so darn sweet of Brynn to take your volunteer shift. I absolutely love that picture of Clara on that branch on your walk. I hadn't heard that Zandbroz was closing! Wow. That's too bad. Go tennis team!!
Amandar said…
Ohh my gosh, so much precious photo journalism happening here! The Mayday baskets! Which by the way where such an absolutely sweet surprise -heart emojis-, that getaway girl was fast as lightning! The food!! The Star Wars! Love at all!

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Things + Dana's Hunting Trip

 Clara and I walked over to the high school for a boys' soccer game. They were pretty impressive to watch. Elise and Clara had fun raking leaves and Grandpa and Grandma's lake. Well, I know Clara had a great time for sure. I can't remember if I had posted that Dana did away with the garden and planted grass where it once was. So, Clara mowed that section. It was a perfect size for her to tackle. She might have found herself a summer job already. An amazing double rainbow! Thank you to those who donated for Clara's school walk-a-thon which took place last Monday. Dana and I were able to go watch and then joined in for some laps as well. Benny the Eagle was out there cheering the kids on too. Dana was busy making monster cookies for his annual hunting trip up north with his Dad and family friends. He kindly left some behind for us...which are long since gone now. :-) Grandma Holly came up while the guys were gone and took Clara shopping and the girls for lunch on Saturday

Thanksgiving 2023

The kids rolled out and baked sugar cookies for Thanksgiving. We finished our thankful pumpkin. I saw this in the store and given the season, it took me right back to my Grandma D's house on Thanksgiving and the bowl of walnuts she'd have on her table with the nutcracker. I wanted to buy it just for nostalgia purposes. Cora and Clara made these adorable turkey crafts at the crafternoon at the library.  On Tuesday we went downtown for the tree lighting at Broadway Square. Abby, Hubert's sister, joined us as well. She just turned 10, so she got along pretty well with Clara. They had s'mores kits so we had to toast some mallows right away. I love how Clara's marshmallow is completely ablaze and she's still posing for the photo. Hahaha. We had to visit the reindeer too. I made them do jazz hands. And then, of course, we had to hit up Blackbird afterward. Our Wednesday morning XaBeat class. We were feelin' pretty festive. The girls had Wednesday off from school,