Skip to main content

Back to School 2024

Brynn had very minimal school supplies that she needed, of course, so she took care of hers on her own and just Clara and I tackled the fourth grade list.

How Brynn and Hubert were preparing for school starting. Haha.

They made the yearbook!

Clara was excited that she will have her first grade teacher again for fourth grade. Back-to-school night was on Monday. She got to see who else was going to be in her class and put away her supplies, etc.



Today was the official first day!








Brynn came home over her lunch break and things seemed to be going pretty well at that point, and then she only had one more class before she was done for the day. She has last period off again this year, so she was glad for that. She plans to continue working at her part-time job throughout the school year.

Clara reported a great first day! Her teacher shared some photos.


We did have time during and after dinner to chat about the day more and Brynn said her goal for this school year - aside from the obvious of doing well in school and the already-on-track-to-accomplish goal of making money - is to make more friends. Brynn's rating for the day was 4 or 5 out of 10. 

When I asked Clara, she said to "feel comfortable in my class, do everything I need to do, master division and improve my typing." I was going to ask her to rate her day out of 10, and then she said she wished she was at school right then, so I figured that basically answered my question. ;-)

Here's to a great school year ahead!

Comments

theweckerlys said…
I can't believe they're off again and another school year has begun! The girls were the same as Brynn with not really needing anything for supplies. I guess we had enough pencils and notebooks around here. Elise did get some note cards for her speech class and studying bio terms and such. Great picture of Brynn & co in the yearbook! I love the desks in Clara's classroom - the storage on the side is cool. Oliver's is just kind of cavernous. Fun to see the pictures her teacher sent and to hear about their first day and goals for the year! You got this, girls!

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Things + Dana's Hunting Trip

 Clara and I walked over to the high school for a boys' soccer game. They were pretty impressive to watch. Elise and Clara had fun raking leaves and Grandpa and Grandma's lake. Well, I know Clara had a great time for sure. I can't remember if I had posted that Dana did away with the garden and planted grass where it once was. So, Clara mowed that section. It was a perfect size for her to tackle. She might have found herself a summer job already. An amazing double rainbow! Thank you to those who donated for Clara's school walk-a-thon which took place last Monday. Dana and I were able to go watch and then joined in for some laps as well. Benny the Eagle was out there cheering the kids on too. Dana was busy making monster cookies for his annual hunting trip up north with his Dad and family friends. He kindly left some behind for us...which are long since gone now. :-) Grandma Holly came up while the guys were gone and took Clara shopping and the girls for lunch on Saturday

Thanksgiving 2023

The kids rolled out and baked sugar cookies for Thanksgiving. We finished our thankful pumpkin. I saw this in the store and given the season, it took me right back to my Grandma D's house on Thanksgiving and the bowl of walnuts she'd have on her table with the nutcracker. I wanted to buy it just for nostalgia purposes. Cora and Clara made these adorable turkey crafts at the crafternoon at the library.  On Tuesday we went downtown for the tree lighting at Broadway Square. Abby, Hubert's sister, joined us as well. She just turned 10, so she got along pretty well with Clara. They had s'mores kits so we had to toast some mallows right away. I love how Clara's marshmallow is completely ablaze and she's still posing for the photo. Hahaha. We had to visit the reindeer too. I made them do jazz hands. And then, of course, we had to hit up Blackbird afterward. Our Wednesday morning XaBeat class. We were feelin' pretty festive. The girls had Wednesday off from school,

May Day + My Birthday + Star Wars Day

Brynn put together our May Day baskets and did a fantastic job. Clara and I did the deliveries... And we received one as well with these beautiful flowers. It was from Clara's friend, Cora, and her fam. We went out to dinner as a family to celebrate my birthday on Wednesday to best accommodate schedules this week. I got to open my cards and gifts when we got home. I had picked up a slice of puppy chow cake at Sonder Bakehouse so we all shared that. Then Brynn and I went out to play a little tennis. It was a beautiful day outside. I had taken Friday (my actual birthday) off of work and Tessa came up to have brunch with me. We had Black Coffee + Waffle Bar. It was so fun. Then May did my hair as it was overdue for a cut and color. Dana and I were able to go out just us two while Brynn took Clara to her school fun night...not only that, but Brynn also volunteered to sell tickets/wristbands (I was originally going to do it) so that I didn't have to and could go out. 💜 I had a coup