Skip to main content

10 years

This past Thursday Dana and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary. Those first ten years sure have gone by fast. And what an exciting year it is shaping up to be...celebrating our 10th anniversary and soon after welcoming the addition of our second child. This first decade has been filled with so many great memories and blessings, we are both looking forward to the decades to come.

This picture was one of my favorites from our wedding day, taken by our good friend, Roger.



We went out to eat at Maxwell's in West Fargo. It was our first experience there, and we were impressed. They had a live band playing and the food and service were great. The manager even felt compelled to help me up out of our booth...I must have looked like I was struggling. :-) They even gave us a free dessert since it was our anniversary. Then we went out to a movie afterward.

Flowers from Dana. They looked and smelled beautiful.



Anniversary greetings from Brynn. Not sure about Dana's eyeball picture, but the sentiments are nice overall.


This past week at HopeKids Summer Camp was Tie-Dye week! Brynn said this was her favorite week so far, which did not surprise me since she is so into art. They made tie-dye shirts and a color crayon project. I have seen that crayon project on Pinterest before, so it was neat to see it in person!






We continued on our anniversary celebration with Brynn this weekend. Holly and Kevin were on their annual motorcycle trip with their riding group, and let us stay at the their cabin for the weekend. Thanks, guys! We had a great weekend, despite the intermittent rain.
We started off the weekend at Zorbaz. Yum.

Warning: picture overload on the strawberry fields. What a fun experience! Not very far from the cabin is a pick-your-own strawberry farm (Herzog Berries). We drove past it on our way back from Zorbaz on Friday and thought it would be fun to check it out Saturday morning. We were so pokey getting ready the next day, though, we only had an hour before the picking time was done, and then it had just started to sprinkle as we were getting in the car. We pressed on, though, and it did stop raining in the midst of the picking. We had to hike (mom huffed and puffed) up a hill to get to the strawberries. Brynn and Dana did most of the picking while I took pics...lots of pics. :-) We filled up an ice cream pail of delicious strawberries; the best we ever tasted.

The owner helping Brynn.




Brynn's signature braid, done by herself.











The previous cabin owners left their water trampoline, so Daddy got that set up this weekend. Pretty cool.

We had set out in the pontoon to go fishing on Saturday after supper, but it was too windy and the boat wouldn't stay in one spot, and it looked like rain again. So, Brynn and Daddy opted to fish from the dock. They caught a few, but no keepers.




The magical glove that allows you to actually touch the fish. :-)

Next to the strawberry farm is a Lutheran Church that we thought we'd attend this morning....that is until no one crawled out of bed until almost 10:00, and the service started at 10:30. Oops.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Soo glad you guys had fun. The strawberries look good. Can't wait to try the trampoline.
theweckerlys said…
She's keeping an "eye" on you guys :) Yummm, Zorbaz. Which location were you at? What great fun strawberry picking! Brynn looks like a strawberry in her swim suit :) Also I want to try out that trampoline!

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Things + Dana's Hunting Trip

 Clara and I walked over to the high school for a boys' soccer game. They were pretty impressive to watch. Elise and Clara had fun raking leaves and Grandpa and Grandma's lake. Well, I know Clara had a great time for sure. I can't remember if I had posted that Dana did away with the garden and planted grass where it once was. So, Clara mowed that section. It was a perfect size for her to tackle. She might have found herself a summer job already. An amazing double rainbow! Thank you to those who donated for Clara's school walk-a-thon which took place last Monday. Dana and I were able to go watch and then joined in for some laps as well. Benny the Eagle was out there cheering the kids on too. Dana was busy making monster cookies for his annual hunting trip up north with his Dad and family friends. He kindly left some behind for us...which are long since gone now. :-) Grandma Holly came up while the guys were gone and took Clara shopping and the girls for lunch on Saturday

Thanksgiving 2023

The kids rolled out and baked sugar cookies for Thanksgiving. We finished our thankful pumpkin. I saw this in the store and given the season, it took me right back to my Grandma D's house on Thanksgiving and the bowl of walnuts she'd have on her table with the nutcracker. I wanted to buy it just for nostalgia purposes. Cora and Clara made these adorable turkey crafts at the crafternoon at the library.  On Tuesday we went downtown for the tree lighting at Broadway Square. Abby, Hubert's sister, joined us as well. She just turned 10, so she got along pretty well with Clara. They had s'mores kits so we had to toast some mallows right away. I love how Clara's marshmallow is completely ablaze and she's still posing for the photo. Hahaha. We had to visit the reindeer too. I made them do jazz hands. And then, of course, we had to hit up Blackbird afterward. Our Wednesday morning XaBeat class. We were feelin' pretty festive. The girls had Wednesday off from school,

May Day + My Birthday + Star Wars Day

Brynn put together our May Day baskets and did a fantastic job. Clara and I did the deliveries... And we received one as well with these beautiful flowers. It was from Clara's friend, Cora, and her fam. We went out to dinner as a family to celebrate my birthday on Wednesday to best accommodate schedules this week. I got to open my cards and gifts when we got home. I had picked up a slice of puppy chow cake at Sonder Bakehouse so we all shared that. Then Brynn and I went out to play a little tennis. It was a beautiful day outside. I had taken Friday (my actual birthday) off of work and Tessa came up to have brunch with me. We had Black Coffee + Waffle Bar. It was so fun. Then May did my hair as it was overdue for a cut and color. Dana and I were able to go out just us two while Brynn took Clara to her school fun night...not only that, but Brynn also volunteered to sell tickets/wristbands (I was originally going to do it) so that I didn't have to and could go out. 💜 I had a coup