Skip to main content

One Month Old

Clara Rae is one month old today! Wow, that sure went by quickly. She still sleeps quite a bit, especially if she's in her swing, but is more and more alert/awake for longer each day, it seems. 

I still think that she and Brynn look so much alike (when Brynn was a baby), but while Brynn was the sleeper, Clara is the eater! Clara usually sleeps 3-4 hours on average in the night; she makes sure she wakes up to eat, whereas when we were supposed to wake up Brynn to feed her, she would have rather kept sleeping. Clara seems to be growing so fast and seems bigger every day. 

This morning she was still asleep in her bassinet (in our bedroom) and Dana was getting ready in the bathroom, also in our bedroom. I heard a laugh come from the bassinet and looked over at Clara to see her smiling. It was so cute. I wouldn't have believed I had heard a real laugh, but then Dana asked me if she had just laughed, as he had heard it from the bathroom. Too cute.

Snacking on her fingers, waiting for something more fulfilling.

Clara and cousin Reese. They were born four days apart. Clara looks like the peanut here, but after her mom and I were visiting, we realized Clara eats almost twice as much as Reese. Ha.
  
Hanging out in the swing.
These next three are of her at one month old, today.







School is still going well for big sister. Today she is starting back at the after school program at Hope. Last week she came home with this poster to fill out about herself. It was fun to see how she answered some of the questions.


She had originally put that she didn't like puzzles, and then I reminded her that she *really* didn't like storms, so she crossed out puzzles and answered with storms.

Making pizza the other night....with a sideways apron. :-) 







Comments

theweckerlys said…
Yes, I think Clara does look a lot like Brynn when she was a baby! She's getting so big now! Interesting info on Brynn; I didn't know she wanted to be a firefighter :)
carrington said…
Keep posting pics! We love to catch up on the latest with Clara and Brynn. I've never heard Brynn talk about being a firefighter when she grows up either. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Things + Dana's Hunting Trip

 Clara and I walked over to the high school for a boys' soccer game. They were pretty impressive to watch. Elise and Clara had fun raking leaves and Grandpa and Grandma's lake. Well, I know Clara had a great time for sure. I can't remember if I had posted that Dana did away with the garden and planted grass where it once was. So, Clara mowed that section. It was a perfect size for her to tackle. She might have found herself a summer job already. An amazing double rainbow! Thank you to those who donated for Clara's school walk-a-thon which took place last Monday. Dana and I were able to go watch and then joined in for some laps as well. Benny the Eagle was out there cheering the kids on too. Dana was busy making monster cookies for his annual hunting trip up north with his Dad and family friends. He kindly left some behind for us...which are long since gone now. :-) Grandma Holly came up while the guys were gone and took Clara shopping and the girls for lunch on Saturday

Thanksgiving 2023

The kids rolled out and baked sugar cookies for Thanksgiving. We finished our thankful pumpkin. I saw this in the store and given the season, it took me right back to my Grandma D's house on Thanksgiving and the bowl of walnuts she'd have on her table with the nutcracker. I wanted to buy it just for nostalgia purposes. Cora and Clara made these adorable turkey crafts at the crafternoon at the library.  On Tuesday we went downtown for the tree lighting at Broadway Square. Abby, Hubert's sister, joined us as well. She just turned 10, so she got along pretty well with Clara. They had s'mores kits so we had to toast some mallows right away. I love how Clara's marshmallow is completely ablaze and she's still posing for the photo. Hahaha. We had to visit the reindeer too. I made them do jazz hands. And then, of course, we had to hit up Blackbird afterward. Our Wednesday morning XaBeat class. We were feelin' pretty festive. The girls had Wednesday off from school,

May Day + My Birthday + Star Wars Day

Brynn put together our May Day baskets and did a fantastic job. Clara and I did the deliveries... And we received one as well with these beautiful flowers. It was from Clara's friend, Cora, and her fam. We went out to dinner as a family to celebrate my birthday on Wednesday to best accommodate schedules this week. I got to open my cards and gifts when we got home. I had picked up a slice of puppy chow cake at Sonder Bakehouse so we all shared that. Then Brynn and I went out to play a little tennis. It was a beautiful day outside. I had taken Friday (my actual birthday) off of work and Tessa came up to have brunch with me. We had Black Coffee + Waffle Bar. It was so fun. Then May did my hair as it was overdue for a cut and color. Dana and I were able to go out just us two while Brynn took Clara to her school fun night...not only that, but Brynn also volunteered to sell tickets/wristbands (I was originally going to do it) so that I didn't have to and could go out. 💜 I had a coup