Skip to main content

Entertainment

I took the below picture waiting for the bus yesterday morning which was also school picture day! She was very excited for pictures and carefully selected an orange background (much to my surprise). She informed me that she was going to choose a different colored background each year. This should be interesting.

She was chatting away mid-sentence when I took the pic and then immediately stopped and gave me a look like 'I didn't even have a chance to pose!' Speaking of chatting, here's what else she's been talking about as of late, since she told me the other night, "I like chat, chat, chatting!" Yes, you do, Brynn.
  • During supper she mentioned something about how lying or being dishonest is following Satan. Somewhere in the conversation she got a stricken look on her face and asked, "does Satan live in North Dakota!?"
  • She asked me to play 20 questions after school the other day. The first of twenty started out as follows..."I am on the phone and no one wants to answer me..." I guessed a telemarketer, which was correct. ;-) (Side note: I had just answered our land line which happened to be a telemarketer and I hung up on them as soon as I realized. Coincidentally, as most who read this little blog probably know, I used to be a telemarketer in high school. And, no, no one wanted to talk to me!)
It is, of course, a little coolish in the mornings when Brynn gets on the bus, then warming up to quite hot temperatures by the afternoon. According to how Brynn dresses herself with her outdoor clothes in the mornings, you'd like it was already winter. She is actually under-dressed in the below picture compared to how she usually looks. Typically she also has a hat on and her hood pulled up. :-) She also makes sure she has her gloves on and her fall coat underneath that purple winter one. Yet again this morning I made mention of what a nice morning it was....no matter, she still needs all the garb. Her bus driver must have the same thoughts as I do because he asked her if she was warm enough this morning when she got on the bus. Ha.





Brynn has been into making bracelets again on her loom.


Last night we braved the mosquitoes in the park. Brynn found her old classmate there and they had a fun time together. They were in kindergarten together last year and we actually have seen them at the park many times when we've been there before. They were pretty excited to see each other and proceeded to spend the half hour we were there chasing each other. Not only is Brynn literally chasing boys, but apparently figuratively, too.  I swear I overheard her tell Brady, "don't tell anyone, but (such and such boy's name that I didn't catch) and I like each other." To which Brady responds, "did you tell your mom?" Uh no, she did not. :-/ 

Trying to keep up with the boys.




Taking a break on the bench together.

Finally!  A smile caught on camera!

Now that Clara has been awake for longer periods at a time, I thought I'd dig out this activity thing. It is so funny to watch her with it. She kicks her feet and gets all excited when it plays music and the little animals dance for her.



Comments

Cindy B said…
Will Dana move out when Clara starts talking? Poor guy doesn't stand a chance to get in a word, EVER! Cute pics and love all the commentary! Hugs!!
carrington said…
Ha Cindy! I was thinking that Tara would try to escape (Dana can be quite the talker at times too!)
Love to hear what's going on in the Froemming household! Cute!
theweckerlys said…
Haha, fun times on the playground. Love the funny things she says :)

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Things + Dana's Hunting Trip

 Clara and I walked over to the high school for a boys' soccer game. They were pretty impressive to watch. Elise and Clara had fun raking leaves and Grandpa and Grandma's lake. Well, I know Clara had a great time for sure. I can't remember if I had posted that Dana did away with the garden and planted grass where it once was. So, Clara mowed that section. It was a perfect size for her to tackle. She might have found herself a summer job already. An amazing double rainbow! Thank you to those who donated for Clara's school walk-a-thon which took place last Monday. Dana and I were able to go watch and then joined in for some laps as well. Benny the Eagle was out there cheering the kids on too. Dana was busy making monster cookies for his annual hunting trip up north with his Dad and family friends. He kindly left some behind for us...which are long since gone now. :-) Grandma Holly came up while the guys were gone and took Clara shopping and the girls for lunch on Saturday

Thanksgiving 2023

The kids rolled out and baked sugar cookies for Thanksgiving. We finished our thankful pumpkin. I saw this in the store and given the season, it took me right back to my Grandma D's house on Thanksgiving and the bowl of walnuts she'd have on her table with the nutcracker. I wanted to buy it just for nostalgia purposes. Cora and Clara made these adorable turkey crafts at the crafternoon at the library.  On Tuesday we went downtown for the tree lighting at Broadway Square. Abby, Hubert's sister, joined us as well. She just turned 10, so she got along pretty well with Clara. They had s'mores kits so we had to toast some mallows right away. I love how Clara's marshmallow is completely ablaze and she's still posing for the photo. Hahaha. We had to visit the reindeer too. I made them do jazz hands. And then, of course, we had to hit up Blackbird afterward. Our Wednesday morning XaBeat class. We were feelin' pretty festive. The girls had Wednesday off from school,

May Day + My Birthday + Star Wars Day

Brynn put together our May Day baskets and did a fantastic job. Clara and I did the deliveries... And we received one as well with these beautiful flowers. It was from Clara's friend, Cora, and her fam. We went out to dinner as a family to celebrate my birthday on Wednesday to best accommodate schedules this week. I got to open my cards and gifts when we got home. I had picked up a slice of puppy chow cake at Sonder Bakehouse so we all shared that. Then Brynn and I went out to play a little tennis. It was a beautiful day outside. I had taken Friday (my actual birthday) off of work and Tessa came up to have brunch with me. We had Black Coffee + Waffle Bar. It was so fun. Then May did my hair as it was overdue for a cut and color. Dana and I were able to go out just us two while Brynn took Clara to her school fun night...not only that, but Brynn also volunteered to sell tickets/wristbands (I was originally going to do it) so that I didn't have to and could go out. 💜 I had a coup