Skip to main content

Father's Day

The swing set is complete! Brynn is loving it. It turned out great. Dana found an infant swing on Craigslist that we have yet to pick up and then Clara can swing, too. Brynn has been on it every day since it went up, most nights until it was time for bed. She told me after the first night that she was going to get up early and go out and swing. So if I got up and couldn't find her, then I would know where she was, she said. :-) It's already so nice having it in our own backyard; I'm glad she is enjoying it as much as she is already. 

Our friend Dave came over to help, too. 

Brynn made Daddy this bracelet and he has been wearing it all week. ;-)
  



Poor Clara was sick again these past few days. On Saturday, or probably Friday night rather, she came down with coxsackievirus. She was running a fever of over 104*. She was really miserable. Grandma Holly came to stay home with her (and Brynn) these past couple of days so that Dana and I could put some hours in at work. That was so helpful as we were trying to be in the office to get things done there in anticipation of going out to Dead Lake. We leave tomorrow and she is feeling back to her silly self it seems. Yay! Huge thank you to Grandma Holly for helping us out!

She has just gotten more and more mobile again, and can now pull herself up on things to standing. 

Sissies on the couch. Clara is looking pretty sorry here, with her fever.

Brynn had Rosha over to play on Saturday and they had the doctor kit out. It was Clara's turn to be the patient.



On Sunday we celebrated Father's Day with Dana here at home. My parents stopped through for a quick visit on their way home from the lake, so we were able to see my dad on Father's Day too.

Brynn loves to hide people's gifts and then make them search for them, so that is what she wanted to do with Dana for his Father's Day gifts. Here is video of his hot/cold treasure hunt.




She got his cereal ready for him that morning, which included a breakfast-specific card. I love the minion one below that!



I cannot take credit for this cute gift idea. Clara's daycare put together this one...it was a box of Reese's Pieces with a note that said "love you to pieces." 

Comments

Cindy B said…
Poor Clara...glad to hear she's better. Tell Brynn that I LOVE minions and can hardly wait for their new movie in July. Maybe I'll have to come to Fargo and she and I can make a date to see it. Love all the pics and stories. Hugs to all
Cindy B said…
Poor Clara...glad to hear she's better. Tell Brynn that I LOVE minions and can hardly wait for their new movie in July. Maybe I'll have to come to Fargo and she and I can make a date to see it. Love all the pics and stories. Hugs to all
carrington said…
Poor lil' punkin Clara - tough to be sick. Video is hilarious LOL. Dana looks like a robot- ha! The swing set it great & I know Brynnie just loves it! Great job on her cards - she takes after her momma.
theweckerlys said…
Great post! I'm so glad Clara's feeling better. Happy Father's Day to Dana! What a fun gift hunt idea, Brynn!

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Things + Dana's Hunting Trip

 Clara and I walked over to the high school for a boys' soccer game. They were pretty impressive to watch. Elise and Clara had fun raking leaves and Grandpa and Grandma's lake. Well, I know Clara had a great time for sure. I can't remember if I had posted that Dana did away with the garden and planted grass where it once was. So, Clara mowed that section. It was a perfect size for her to tackle. She might have found herself a summer job already. An amazing double rainbow! Thank you to those who donated for Clara's school walk-a-thon which took place last Monday. Dana and I were able to go watch and then joined in for some laps as well. Benny the Eagle was out there cheering the kids on too. Dana was busy making monster cookies for his annual hunting trip up north with his Dad and family friends. He kindly left some behind for us...which are long since gone now. :-) Grandma Holly came up while the guys were gone and took Clara shopping and the girls for lunch on Saturday

Thanksgiving 2023

The kids rolled out and baked sugar cookies for Thanksgiving. We finished our thankful pumpkin. I saw this in the store and given the season, it took me right back to my Grandma D's house on Thanksgiving and the bowl of walnuts she'd have on her table with the nutcracker. I wanted to buy it just for nostalgia purposes. Cora and Clara made these adorable turkey crafts at the crafternoon at the library.  On Tuesday we went downtown for the tree lighting at Broadway Square. Abby, Hubert's sister, joined us as well. She just turned 10, so she got along pretty well with Clara. They had s'mores kits so we had to toast some mallows right away. I love how Clara's marshmallow is completely ablaze and she's still posing for the photo. Hahaha. We had to visit the reindeer too. I made them do jazz hands. And then, of course, we had to hit up Blackbird afterward. Our Wednesday morning XaBeat class. We were feelin' pretty festive. The girls had Wednesday off from school,

May Day + My Birthday + Star Wars Day

Brynn put together our May Day baskets and did a fantastic job. Clara and I did the deliveries... And we received one as well with these beautiful flowers. It was from Clara's friend, Cora, and her fam. We went out to dinner as a family to celebrate my birthday on Wednesday to best accommodate schedules this week. I got to open my cards and gifts when we got home. I had picked up a slice of puppy chow cake at Sonder Bakehouse so we all shared that. Then Brynn and I went out to play a little tennis. It was a beautiful day outside. I had taken Friday (my actual birthday) off of work and Tessa came up to have brunch with me. We had Black Coffee + Waffle Bar. It was so fun. Then May did my hair as it was overdue for a cut and color. Dana and I were able to go out just us two while Brynn took Clara to her school fun night...not only that, but Brynn also volunteered to sell tickets/wristbands (I was originally going to do it) so that I didn't have to and could go out. 💜 I had a coup