Skip to main content

Last Day of First Grade

Last Thursday was Brynn's last day of first grade. I thought maybe she'd like to give Mrs. Stewart (her teacher) a little gift, but she said she was too shy to do that. She usually is not that way, so I was a bit surprised, but perhaps she didn't to try and carry something on the bus. I suggested she could just leave it on her desk for her, but Mom never has any good ideas, so she ended up making her this very nice little book. 




Little sissy "helping" big sister get her shoes on.


Getting on the bus for the last time as a first grader. oh goodness!

They had planted a bean plant in school and then brought it home to care for over the summer. It's still alive! For now.


This past weekend we went to St. Cloud to visit our family friends. Brynn had fun playing with their kids.


Sleepy times on the ride home. Daddy thought Clara would like to have a mirror for something to look at during car rides. It is kind of nice being able to see her face while I'm driving.




Where's the beef? Ha. Couldn't resist.

Clara turned 10 months old in Tuesday. I have written more in her baby book for her 9th month than any of the other months so far. She is getting so active. She army crawls now and can get herself into a sitting position and pretty much always eats what we're eating for supper now. She has gotten a lot better at drinking out of her sippy cup, too. 

And so it has begun where she is starting to get into everything. She figured out how to open these drawers here and found herself a sticker that she tried to eat. :-/ 



We went out to the park the other night for a few minutes before Clara started getting ready for bed. It was her first time in the swings. Daddy gave her a little push and I think it startled her. She started to cry, so that was the end of the swings. :-) She just didn't really seem to know what to think of them.







Comments

theweckerlys said…
Homemade cards and notes are always appreciated, I'm sure. Hope you had a great year of first grade, Brynn! Love the picture of the girls together. Reagan's class started bean plants when she was in kindergarten and it was so fun to watch it grow. We planted it in the garden and then got to eat the beans. Haha, that picture of Dana & Clara at the park is great. And you and Clara! See you guys soon!
carrington said…
Pretty special keepsake for Mrs. Stewart. Hard to believe the school year is over. Clara's hair is really growing! Cute pics!

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Things + Dana's Hunting Trip

 Clara and I walked over to the high school for a boys' soccer game. They were pretty impressive to watch. Elise and Clara had fun raking leaves and Grandpa and Grandma's lake. Well, I know Clara had a great time for sure. I can't remember if I had posted that Dana did away with the garden and planted grass where it once was. So, Clara mowed that section. It was a perfect size for her to tackle. She might have found herself a summer job already. An amazing double rainbow! Thank you to those who donated for Clara's school walk-a-thon which took place last Monday. Dana and I were able to go watch and then joined in for some laps as well. Benny the Eagle was out there cheering the kids on too. Dana was busy making monster cookies for his annual hunting trip up north with his Dad and family friends. He kindly left some behind for us...which are long since gone now. :-) Grandma Holly came up while the guys were gone and took Clara shopping and the girls for lunch on Saturday

Thanksgiving 2023

The kids rolled out and baked sugar cookies for Thanksgiving. We finished our thankful pumpkin. I saw this in the store and given the season, it took me right back to my Grandma D's house on Thanksgiving and the bowl of walnuts she'd have on her table with the nutcracker. I wanted to buy it just for nostalgia purposes. Cora and Clara made these adorable turkey crafts at the crafternoon at the library.  On Tuesday we went downtown for the tree lighting at Broadway Square. Abby, Hubert's sister, joined us as well. She just turned 10, so she got along pretty well with Clara. They had s'mores kits so we had to toast some mallows right away. I love how Clara's marshmallow is completely ablaze and she's still posing for the photo. Hahaha. We had to visit the reindeer too. I made them do jazz hands. And then, of course, we had to hit up Blackbird afterward. Our Wednesday morning XaBeat class. We were feelin' pretty festive. The girls had Wednesday off from school,

May Day + My Birthday + Star Wars Day

Brynn put together our May Day baskets and did a fantastic job. Clara and I did the deliveries... And we received one as well with these beautiful flowers. It was from Clara's friend, Cora, and her fam. We went out to dinner as a family to celebrate my birthday on Wednesday to best accommodate schedules this week. I got to open my cards and gifts when we got home. I had picked up a slice of puppy chow cake at Sonder Bakehouse so we all shared that. Then Brynn and I went out to play a little tennis. It was a beautiful day outside. I had taken Friday (my actual birthday) off of work and Tessa came up to have brunch with me. We had Black Coffee + Waffle Bar. It was so fun. Then May did my hair as it was overdue for a cut and color. Dana and I were able to go out just us two while Brynn took Clara to her school fun night...not only that, but Brynn also volunteered to sell tickets/wristbands (I was originally going to do it) so that I didn't have to and could go out. 💜 I had a coup