Skip to main content

Adventures of Gallops and Piano Party

We were at Dead Lake for a visit on Friday night where my parents and my aunt and uncle also were visiting for the evening. Brynn went back with Grandpa, Grandma and Reagan to stay at Lake 15 for the rest of the weekend. I foolishly thought I wouldn't miss or mind not having my camera with me. Of course it wasn't long before I was reaching for it and I remembered that I hadn't brought it. :-( Anyway, Mom texted me some photos of Brynn from her stay at the lake which included a surprise early birthday party for grandma.... and no sleep for anyone. :-) 


Brynn kayaking for the first time.


Sunday was a great day for baking, I thought. So, Brynn and I finally got around to starting a batch of chocolate chip cookies later in the afternoon. She was in and out of the kitchen helping and playing and such. She was taking photos for a new bejeweled wallet that recently came into her possession. This photo of me was more or the less the culmination of our cookie baking experience...we got started too close to supper time and I was trying to finish up the cookies and make kabobs for supper at the same time. Brynn asked me to pose for my photo just when I was crawling on the floor wiping up our cookie making mess and Clara was crawling onto my back. yeehaw! 


Apparently we buy a lot of store-bought cookies at our house because when we were on our way back from getting our cookie ingredients at the store, Brynn asked me what our brand name of our cookies was going to be. :-) She said she would design a package when we got home. I guess our brand of cookie is Tara. 




Last year you might remember Penny, Brynn's piano teacher, had a pirate-themed treasure hunt for a back-to-school party. This year was a root beer float party and since they had collectively racked up so many minutes of practicing, got a pinata for the party, too. It's so fun that she puts on these parties. I'm sure she was glad when it was over - the boys especially were pretty wild tonight. At one point during the pinata, they were all chanting..."kill it, kill it!" Yikes. Not to mention talk of the pinata's butt crack and farting. Okay, onto the pics then...


Brynn's new little pet, Gallops, came along and partook in the float.



They played a spoon game with a marble, and here is Brynn patiently waiting for the game to start. However, just as it got going, she bowed out and decided to swing instead. :-( So, that made for quite an uneven team, as her group already was one person shorter than the other teams.








Brynn and Penny

Brynn fashioned a custom party hat for Gallops. I thought it was super cute.

Putting Gallops to bed.

G'night, Gallops!

Brynn starts school on Thursday of this week, and tomorrow night is back-to-school night where we can see Brynn's classroom for this coming year and meet her teacher. We have all the school supplies, but yet to decide what she'll wear for the first day. She is not excited to start school she says, but I know once she meets her teacher and gets going, she'll have a great year.

Comments

theweckerlys said…
Love the pic of you in the kitchen! So cute that Brynn put gallops to bed :)
carrington said…
That Penny is such a fun piano teacher! Looks like 'Gallops' sure has a nice home now - love his party hat!
Amanda Lamm said…
Lol! I love the Clara scoop off of the kitchen floor, as well as Brynnie's new pal Mr. Gallops!

Amanda

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Things + Dana's Hunting Trip

 Clara and I walked over to the high school for a boys' soccer game. They were pretty impressive to watch. Elise and Clara had fun raking leaves and Grandpa and Grandma's lake. Well, I know Clara had a great time for sure. I can't remember if I had posted that Dana did away with the garden and planted grass where it once was. So, Clara mowed that section. It was a perfect size for her to tackle. She might have found herself a summer job already. An amazing double rainbow! Thank you to those who donated for Clara's school walk-a-thon which took place last Monday. Dana and I were able to go watch and then joined in for some laps as well. Benny the Eagle was out there cheering the kids on too. Dana was busy making monster cookies for his annual hunting trip up north with his Dad and family friends. He kindly left some behind for us...which are long since gone now. :-) Grandma Holly came up while the guys were gone and took Clara shopping and the girls for lunch on Saturday

Thanksgiving 2023

The kids rolled out and baked sugar cookies for Thanksgiving. We finished our thankful pumpkin. I saw this in the store and given the season, it took me right back to my Grandma D's house on Thanksgiving and the bowl of walnuts she'd have on her table with the nutcracker. I wanted to buy it just for nostalgia purposes. Cora and Clara made these adorable turkey crafts at the crafternoon at the library.  On Tuesday we went downtown for the tree lighting at Broadway Square. Abby, Hubert's sister, joined us as well. She just turned 10, so she got along pretty well with Clara. They had s'mores kits so we had to toast some mallows right away. I love how Clara's marshmallow is completely ablaze and she's still posing for the photo. Hahaha. We had to visit the reindeer too. I made them do jazz hands. And then, of course, we had to hit up Blackbird afterward. Our Wednesday morning XaBeat class. We were feelin' pretty festive. The girls had Wednesday off from school,

May Day + My Birthday + Star Wars Day

Brynn put together our May Day baskets and did a fantastic job. Clara and I did the deliveries... And we received one as well with these beautiful flowers. It was from Clara's friend, Cora, and her fam. We went out to dinner as a family to celebrate my birthday on Wednesday to best accommodate schedules this week. I got to open my cards and gifts when we got home. I had picked up a slice of puppy chow cake at Sonder Bakehouse so we all shared that. Then Brynn and I went out to play a little tennis. It was a beautiful day outside. I had taken Friday (my actual birthday) off of work and Tessa came up to have brunch with me. We had Black Coffee + Waffle Bar. It was so fun. Then May did my hair as it was overdue for a cut and color. Dana and I were able to go out just us two while Brynn took Clara to her school fun night...not only that, but Brynn also volunteered to sell tickets/wristbands (I was originally going to do it) so that I didn't have to and could go out. 💜 I had a coup