Skip to main content

Brynn's Big Week

Last weekend I had updated that Brynn was practicing riding her bike without her training wheels. She came so far in such a short period of time. It was pretty exciting. So, as promised, we set out to find her a bigger bike, without training wheels. Daddy found some nice used ones on Craig's List, and Brynn said she didn't mind if she got a second-hand one. We told her we'd pay for the whole bike then and she could use the money she had saved for a new bike for a scooter or new helmet or something like that. She has been riding her new bike every day that she's been home since the day she got it. She and Daddy have already logged a lot of miles in the past week and a half.






I love the look on her face in these pics. She is so excited and proud.

At HopeKids this past summer she had made this Redhawks sign. Probably when they had gone to a game. I thought she did really well on the drawing of Hawkeye. Here is their official logo for comparison.






More excitement: within the same week of learning to ride her bike without training wheels and getting a new bike, Brynn finally lost her first tooth. She has been waiting so long as she has watched her classmates and friends start losing their teeth back in Kindergarten. She had showed me that it was a little wiggly one day, and she must have really been working on it a lot, because Wednesday last week she came home from school and it was out! 



Getting the tooth ready for the tooth fairy to come
.

It was so tiny!

A whole dollar! :-)

On Saturday, Dana and I attended a wedding in Baxter, MN, so the girls spent the night at my parents' cabin. Brynnie had some good luck fishing with Papa Kim.




Us at the wedding. This was the last one of Dana's college friends to get married. It was a good time.



My mom was laughing at how Clara mothers her baby doll. It is pretty cute and funny, so I finally got some video of her with her baby tonight. 








Comments

carrington said…
So proud of our Brynnie! We sure enjoyed the girls this weekend. That video is great!
Nice photo of you two!
Anonymous said…
Love the new bike! Clara will make a great Mommy one day.

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Things + Dana's Hunting Trip

 Clara and I walked over to the high school for a boys' soccer game. They were pretty impressive to watch. Elise and Clara had fun raking leaves and Grandpa and Grandma's lake. Well, I know Clara had a great time for sure. I can't remember if I had posted that Dana did away with the garden and planted grass where it once was. So, Clara mowed that section. It was a perfect size for her to tackle. She might have found herself a summer job already. An amazing double rainbow! Thank you to those who donated for Clara's school walk-a-thon which took place last Monday. Dana and I were able to go watch and then joined in for some laps as well. Benny the Eagle was out there cheering the kids on too. Dana was busy making monster cookies for his annual hunting trip up north with his Dad and family friends. He kindly left some behind for us...which are long since gone now. :-) Grandma Holly came up while the guys were gone and took Clara shopping and the girls for lunch on Saturday

Thanksgiving 2023

The kids rolled out and baked sugar cookies for Thanksgiving. We finished our thankful pumpkin. I saw this in the store and given the season, it took me right back to my Grandma D's house on Thanksgiving and the bowl of walnuts she'd have on her table with the nutcracker. I wanted to buy it just for nostalgia purposes. Cora and Clara made these adorable turkey crafts at the crafternoon at the library.  On Tuesday we went downtown for the tree lighting at Broadway Square. Abby, Hubert's sister, joined us as well. She just turned 10, so she got along pretty well with Clara. They had s'mores kits so we had to toast some mallows right away. I love how Clara's marshmallow is completely ablaze and she's still posing for the photo. Hahaha. We had to visit the reindeer too. I made them do jazz hands. And then, of course, we had to hit up Blackbird afterward. Our Wednesday morning XaBeat class. We were feelin' pretty festive. The girls had Wednesday off from school,

May Day + My Birthday + Star Wars Day

Brynn put together our May Day baskets and did a fantastic job. Clara and I did the deliveries... And we received one as well with these beautiful flowers. It was from Clara's friend, Cora, and her fam. We went out to dinner as a family to celebrate my birthday on Wednesday to best accommodate schedules this week. I got to open my cards and gifts when we got home. I had picked up a slice of puppy chow cake at Sonder Bakehouse so we all shared that. Then Brynn and I went out to play a little tennis. It was a beautiful day outside. I had taken Friday (my actual birthday) off of work and Tessa came up to have brunch with me. We had Black Coffee + Waffle Bar. It was so fun. Then May did my hair as it was overdue for a cut and color. Dana and I were able to go out just us two while Brynn took Clara to her school fun night...not only that, but Brynn also volunteered to sell tickets/wristbands (I was originally going to do it) so that I didn't have to and could go out. 💜 I had a coup