Skip to main content

Miscellany & Reagan's Birthday

These first two are a couple from Dana's phone that I finally sent over to myself.




Brynn's school holiday concert was cancelled due to nasty weather, but they were still able to sing their songs and were featured on the Bob 95 radio station. Here is the link to her grade. Just click in the box to listen; #10 for Centennial Third Grade.  They sounded great!  Bob 95 Radio Holiday Concert


Brynn made Daddy a special dessert treat as a thank-you for blowing snow.



Frosting sugar cookies this past week:





Brynn reading Clara her bedtime stories. I don't know how many 'just one more' books they read.



On Saturday we attended cousin Reagan's 10th birthday at Chuck E Cheese. I can't believe she's double digits now! The girls had a blast. All who were to be in attendance were asked to don Bison wear. That was no problem for the girls; they are already pretty big Bison fans.



 Tessa and me, not so big of Bison fans. I love these shirts Tessa got for us. he he.




Photo credit: Grandma Laurie



Comments

theweckerlys said…
Love the picture of Clara in Dana's boots. How sweet of Brynn to make him a treat! And her reading to Clara...love. Thanks for coming to the big party!

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

Right before Christmas break was done, Brynn and  I went downtown to Nichole's for some graduation planning. Making lefse! Clara finished up her time in robotics league with a presentation of the robots and mission that she and her partner/friend, Elizabeth, had been working on. Here's a video compilation of two of the missions they presented. It was so cool. I especially liked the one that picked up the rocks. Some of Brynn's recent drawings. Bedtime snuggles. 💜 I was messaging with Clara's teacher to see if he could let her know that Brynn would pick her up from school one of the very cold days last week. He wrote me back to confirm Clara received the message. I asked Clara when she got home if she wrote that last sentence. Haha. Clara had her first swim meet on Saturday, which was a 'home meet,' hosted by Clara's team, the Red Dragons at Moorhead High School. She was disgruntled about getting up at 7:00 am on a Saturday morning, but each team had specifi...

Clara's Recital + Scouting Event + XaFriendsgiving

I was in full fall mode watching 'When Harry Met Sally" in my turkey leg slippers the other night. Dana and I went out to eat at Granite City on Friday night and I think I found my signature cocktail for Christmas. It's called Snow on the Beach and it was so pretty and tasted really good! Saturday morning Clara had her piano recital and did a great job! Thank you to sister Brynn and the grandparents for coming. After lunch with everyone (family, not the other piano students), she was off to the next thing which was  a Scouting event at NDSU. She had to miss the morning session because of the recital, but in the afternoon they made a tool box. It turned out great. That night we had the XaBeat (the exercise dance class I go to) crew with spouses over for a little XaFriendsgiving. It was super fun. Dana mixing up old fashioneds. There was no shortage of food - it was an amazing spread. Dana smoked a couple turkey breasts that turned out really well and the stuffing sausage bi...

Christmas 2025/New Years 2026

Christmas gift wrapping shenanigans: Keeping Brynn company while she wraps all of our Christmas gifts. Brynn and I couldn't help but peek at the 150 Famous Poems book we gave to Clara. So many good ones. Getting into the holiday spirit at Courts Plus. Ha! Christmas eve brunch. Clara's gingerbread house contest strategy notes. Contestants were allowed 20 minutes to shop for their houses at Wal-mart. We left ourselves little time to get ready for the 3:00 Christmas eve service at our church. But, we made it and thankfully didn't have to sit in the overflow area in the chapel! It was a beautiful service. We had bit more time in between church and when we planned to leave for Tessa's, so I mixed up my eggnog and we got the car packed. Tessa's family hosted Christmas eve at their lake home. We had a great mix of people to play a game of Mind the Gap. Getting cookies ready for Santa. Clara got Dana and me up around 7:30 and we watched her open her stocking. I think Dana a...