Skip to main content

Christmas Spirit and Brynnie Stuff

Brynn already wrote a note to Santa. Background: Marie was her original American Girl-type doll that she had received from Santa last year. She then found a new doll at a garage sale and gave Marie to Clara. To Brynn's credit, Marie's hair was a heckuva mess.



The girls thought for about five minutes on Friday night that they were actually going to get to have a slumber party in Clara's crib.


Saturday we did a little baking and had a gingerbread house decorating contest. I had more pics of all of that, but somehow I seem to have lost those photos from my camera to computer or something. :-( Anyway, Brynn's turned out spectacular, of course. Daddy and Clara teamed up and, well then, there's mine. I did not win, in case you would not have guessed. I think I lacked some much-needed icing. Or it was poor architecture or both.



Photo by Brynn

Later in the afternoon on Saturday Brynn came downtown with me where I was going to take some pics for my co-worker and her family. We had intended to do them outside, but it was too cold and windy, so we went up in the skywalk. Brynn wanted to take some pics up there herself and then we perused a few of the shops down in the Black Building. You need to go through one of the levels in that building to get out from the skywalk.





There were a few art galleries in the building which, of course, Brynn gravitated toward. We were admiring one of the artist's (Marcy Dronen) work when we went up to the desk to pay for Brynn's postcard she was purchasing. Marcy happened to be the artist on staff that day, so Brynn started chatting it up with her and was excited to meet 'a real artist.' Marcy was very sweet and visited with Brynn quite a while about a piece she had been working on which is what they're looking at in the pic below here. She teaches at some of the area schools as well and knows Brynn's art teacher at Centennial. Marcy plays the french horn and with Brynn playing piano, they seemed to have art and music in common. Marcy encouraged Brynn to keep up with her interest in art and with playing the piano.



I had also planned to post photos from Brynn's school holiday concert tonight, but with the weather as it was today, they cancelled. I was disappointed, as they are not planning to reschedule. Moorhead schools let out early today, but Fargo did not. Brynn told me they even still went out for recess. :-( It was pretty nasty, though not as bad as other areas. I liked this photo The Forum posted on Instagram; it pretty well summed up Fargo today. Stay safe and warm, everyone!



Comments

theweckerlys said…
Still love that note. Ha! That is so neat that Brynn got to visit with a "real artist" :) I bet she won't soon forget that, how fun and inspiring!
carrington said…
Love the Santa note too! Wow - a real artist! Way cool!

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Things + Dana's Hunting Trip

 Clara and I walked over to the high school for a boys' soccer game. They were pretty impressive to watch. Elise and Clara had fun raking leaves and Grandpa and Grandma's lake. Well, I know Clara had a great time for sure. I can't remember if I had posted that Dana did away with the garden and planted grass where it once was. So, Clara mowed that section. It was a perfect size for her to tackle. She might have found herself a summer job already. An amazing double rainbow! Thank you to those who donated for Clara's school walk-a-thon which took place last Monday. Dana and I were able to go watch and then joined in for some laps as well. Benny the Eagle was out there cheering the kids on too. Dana was busy making monster cookies for his annual hunting trip up north with his Dad and family friends. He kindly left some behind for us...which are long since gone now. :-) Grandma Holly came up while the guys were gone and took Clara shopping and the girls for lunch on Saturday

Thanksgiving 2023

The kids rolled out and baked sugar cookies for Thanksgiving. We finished our thankful pumpkin. I saw this in the store and given the season, it took me right back to my Grandma D's house on Thanksgiving and the bowl of walnuts she'd have on her table with the nutcracker. I wanted to buy it just for nostalgia purposes. Cora and Clara made these adorable turkey crafts at the crafternoon at the library.  On Tuesday we went downtown for the tree lighting at Broadway Square. Abby, Hubert's sister, joined us as well. She just turned 10, so she got along pretty well with Clara. They had s'mores kits so we had to toast some mallows right away. I love how Clara's marshmallow is completely ablaze and she's still posing for the photo. Hahaha. We had to visit the reindeer too. I made them do jazz hands. And then, of course, we had to hit up Blackbird afterward. Our Wednesday morning XaBeat class. We were feelin' pretty festive. The girls had Wednesday off from school,

May Day + My Birthday + Star Wars Day

Brynn put together our May Day baskets and did a fantastic job. Clara and I did the deliveries... And we received one as well with these beautiful flowers. It was from Clara's friend, Cora, and her fam. We went out to dinner as a family to celebrate my birthday on Wednesday to best accommodate schedules this week. I got to open my cards and gifts when we got home. I had picked up a slice of puppy chow cake at Sonder Bakehouse so we all shared that. Then Brynn and I went out to play a little tennis. It was a beautiful day outside. I had taken Friday (my actual birthday) off of work and Tessa came up to have brunch with me. We had Black Coffee + Waffle Bar. It was so fun. Then May did my hair as it was overdue for a cut and color. Dana and I were able to go out just us two while Brynn took Clara to her school fun night...not only that, but Brynn also volunteered to sell tickets/wristbands (I was originally going to do it) so that I didn't have to and could go out. 💜 I had a coup