Skip to main content

Teacher Appreciation & Mother's Day

A couple of weeks ago for Teacher Appreciation week we took gifts to the girls' teachers. Brynn gave her teacher a Harry Potter water bottle as she is a fellow Potter Head. I didn't get a picture of her with it, though. Clara did a candy bouquet again which works out nicely because she has several different teachers. 




She was just ecstatic to give it to her teachers.





Last week I was treated to two Muffins with Moms with the first at Brynn's school and with what was the last for Brynn since I suppose they don't do it in middle school. Bummer!




A couple days later I had round two at Clara's school. She wanted us to be matching that day too. :-)


She made lots of sweet crafts for me.


She really put me on blast knowing my real age. ;-) They must have done this right before my birthday. There, I just outed myself now. Ha. 

 

On Saturday we went to Grandpa and Grandma Dietz's lake place to "help" with their garage sale. I feel like I didn't really do anything but hang out, so I had a good time. Brynn was checking out some of Grandpa's sale wares.



We had baked cookies on Friday night and Brynn made banana bread to sell. She did pretty well!



Since it was my dad's birthday on Saturday and Mother's Day the next day, we went out for dinner in Hawley and Brynn got to ride in Grandm'a Vette.




Brynn stayed the night at Grandpa and Grandma's and the rest of us drove back home.



We attended a very nice Mother's Day service at church and then came back home and the fam made me brunch.


Yum! It was all so good.



After we got some things cleaned up at home, we headed to Dead Lake to see Dana's mom for Mother's Day. It was a nice day for the most part, but with a breeze and the sun coming and going, we couldn't decide if we were warm or cold. 

No bother for Clara, though. She got her feet wet and accidentally her behind too. Brrr!





We were able to spend some time with Grandpa Don and Granny Annie, too, as they drove up for the afternoon as well.



We ran out of time for me to open my gifts on Sunday, so we did it this week. I got a nice neck pillow for when I am snoozing while traveling and a pair of sandals that I wanted. I love the cat card, of course!

It was a wonderful entire weekend. We are so grateful for the mothers in our lives. And to my mom for preparing me for my own motherhood journey by starting me out reading up on the subject at a young age. ;-) 


Comments

theweckerlys said…
Haha, yes that last picture is great. I love Brynn's yellow sweater! That is a great picture of she and mom and dad at the rummage sale. So cute that Clara wanted you guys to match at muffins for moms :)

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Things + Dana's Hunting Trip

 Clara and I walked over to the high school for a boys' soccer game. They were pretty impressive to watch. Elise and Clara had fun raking leaves and Grandpa and Grandma's lake. Well, I know Clara had a great time for sure. I can't remember if I had posted that Dana did away with the garden and planted grass where it once was. So, Clara mowed that section. It was a perfect size for her to tackle. She might have found herself a summer job already. An amazing double rainbow! Thank you to those who donated for Clara's school walk-a-thon which took place last Monday. Dana and I were able to go watch and then joined in for some laps as well. Benny the Eagle was out there cheering the kids on too. Dana was busy making monster cookies for his annual hunting trip up north with his Dad and family friends. He kindly left some behind for us...which are long since gone now. :-) Grandma Holly came up while the guys were gone and took Clara shopping and the girls for lunch on Saturday

Thanksgiving 2023

The kids rolled out and baked sugar cookies for Thanksgiving. We finished our thankful pumpkin. I saw this in the store and given the season, it took me right back to my Grandma D's house on Thanksgiving and the bowl of walnuts she'd have on her table with the nutcracker. I wanted to buy it just for nostalgia purposes. Cora and Clara made these adorable turkey crafts at the crafternoon at the library.  On Tuesday we went downtown for the tree lighting at Broadway Square. Abby, Hubert's sister, joined us as well. She just turned 10, so she got along pretty well with Clara. They had s'mores kits so we had to toast some mallows right away. I love how Clara's marshmallow is completely ablaze and she's still posing for the photo. Hahaha. We had to visit the reindeer too. I made them do jazz hands. And then, of course, we had to hit up Blackbird afterward. Our Wednesday morning XaBeat class. We were feelin' pretty festive. The girls had Wednesday off from school,

May Day + My Birthday + Star Wars Day

Brynn put together our May Day baskets and did a fantastic job. Clara and I did the deliveries... And we received one as well with these beautiful flowers. It was from Clara's friend, Cora, and her fam. We went out to dinner as a family to celebrate my birthday on Wednesday to best accommodate schedules this week. I got to open my cards and gifts when we got home. I had picked up a slice of puppy chow cake at Sonder Bakehouse so we all shared that. Then Brynn and I went out to play a little tennis. It was a beautiful day outside. I had taken Friday (my actual birthday) off of work and Tessa came up to have brunch with me. We had Black Coffee + Waffle Bar. It was so fun. Then May did my hair as it was overdue for a cut and color. Dana and I were able to go out just us two while Brynn took Clara to her school fun night...not only that, but Brynn also volunteered to sell tickets/wristbands (I was originally going to do it) so that I didn't have to and could go out. 💜 I had a coup