Skip to main content

Spring Break

 Dana took a little spring break trip of his own last week with his uncles and cousins to Yellowstone to go snowmobiling. He had a great time and sounds like they had really nice weather.





The girls had all of this past week off of school for their spring break, but ended up having last Thursday and Friday off as well so school staff could get vaccinated for COVID. They went to Grandpa and Grandma Froemmings' for most of that time, coming home for a break in between.

This is a little out of order, but last Sunday I pulled Clara in the bike trailer down to Lions Conservancy Park just off of University. It was a bit farther down than I had remembered, but the wind carried me back at least. 

She's getting too big for the trailer, but it's still nice to be able to use it with her as it would have been too far for her to ride her own bike. And snacks, of course. :-)






I also got my make-up done.

I had to pick up a St. Patrick's Day cookie decorating kit from Jen's Bakery....which included dinosaurs. We couldn't figure out what they had to do with St. Patrick's Day. Ha!




I got a different type of Ninja blender that is also a food processor and smoothie maker. I absolutely love it; it's so fun to use. The first thing I made in it (but didn't take any pics of) was a Dole Whip that tasted just like the kind you get at Disney World. 

And then I put some crackers, bread crumbs and milled flax in the food processor to make a coating for my chicken tenders and that worked really well also.



I don't know if the girls had too much togetherness during their first stint at Grandpa and Grandma's or what because they came home in quite a fighting fit. By the time they were getting ready to head back for another stay at Grandpa and Grandma's, they were singing Disney movie tunes to each other to guess which movie they were from while they were waiting to get picked up. 😌

Dana got a work bonus so we went out to our new favorite Mexican restaurant to celebrate.


Fresh guac! Mmmm. Everything is so delicious there.



Brynn did lots of four-wheeling this past week. Totally Dana's daughter here. :-)


I had taken yesterday off to spend with Clara after she came back home ahead of Brynn so Brynn could have some time by herself at Grandpa and Grandma's. She challenged me to a game of Scrabble...or Scramble as she kept calling it.


It was such a gorgeous day out that she was able to spend most of the afternoon (after we got back from doing some furniture shopping).


Look out now! Daddy taught her how to drive this four-wheeler and she loves to tear around the yard on it. She often forgets to put it in neutral or turn it off  (or sometimes she's not even completely stopped) before she gets off of it. But, otherwise she does really well with it.


Oh, hello, Rainbow Dash! Grandma found this for her at the second hand store and she's barely taken it off in 48 hours. It is so cute on her though.

Comments

theweckerlys said…
Oh my gosh, look at that muddy four wheeler! How fun. We'll have to all go four wheeling down to the Roundhouse some time when you guys are here!

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Things + Dana's Hunting Trip

 Clara and I walked over to the high school for a boys' soccer game. They were pretty impressive to watch. Elise and Clara had fun raking leaves and Grandpa and Grandma's lake. Well, I know Clara had a great time for sure. I can't remember if I had posted that Dana did away with the garden and planted grass where it once was. So, Clara mowed that section. It was a perfect size for her to tackle. She might have found herself a summer job already. An amazing double rainbow! Thank you to those who donated for Clara's school walk-a-thon which took place last Monday. Dana and I were able to go watch and then joined in for some laps as well. Benny the Eagle was out there cheering the kids on too. Dana was busy making monster cookies for his annual hunting trip up north with his Dad and family friends. He kindly left some behind for us...which are long since gone now. :-) Grandma Holly came up while the guys were gone and took Clara shopping and the girls for lunch on Saturday

Thanksgiving 2023

The kids rolled out and baked sugar cookies for Thanksgiving. We finished our thankful pumpkin. I saw this in the store and given the season, it took me right back to my Grandma D's house on Thanksgiving and the bowl of walnuts she'd have on her table with the nutcracker. I wanted to buy it just for nostalgia purposes. Cora and Clara made these adorable turkey crafts at the crafternoon at the library.  On Tuesday we went downtown for the tree lighting at Broadway Square. Abby, Hubert's sister, joined us as well. She just turned 10, so she got along pretty well with Clara. They had s'mores kits so we had to toast some mallows right away. I love how Clara's marshmallow is completely ablaze and she's still posing for the photo. Hahaha. We had to visit the reindeer too. I made them do jazz hands. And then, of course, we had to hit up Blackbird afterward. Our Wednesday morning XaBeat class. We were feelin' pretty festive. The girls had Wednesday off from school,

May Day + My Birthday + Star Wars Day

Brynn put together our May Day baskets and did a fantastic job. Clara and I did the deliveries... And we received one as well with these beautiful flowers. It was from Clara's friend, Cora, and her fam. We went out to dinner as a family to celebrate my birthday on Wednesday to best accommodate schedules this week. I got to open my cards and gifts when we got home. I had picked up a slice of puppy chow cake at Sonder Bakehouse so we all shared that. Then Brynn and I went out to play a little tennis. It was a beautiful day outside. I had taken Friday (my actual birthday) off of work and Tessa came up to have brunch with me. We had Black Coffee + Waffle Bar. It was so fun. Then May did my hair as it was overdue for a cut and color. Dana and I were able to go out just us two while Brynn took Clara to her school fun night...not only that, but Brynn also volunteered to sell tickets/wristbands (I was originally going to do it) so that I didn't have to and could go out. 💜 I had a coup