Skip to main content

Spooky Season Things + Friends + Halloween 2022

Last Friday night Clara and I went to the Halloween party at her school. It was a beautiful night so we were able to walk over. Once it got dark and we were ready to go home, we had Dana come pick us up.

Clara was a vampire this year.











I got a kick out of this guy. Ms. Monson was Clara's teacher last year.

Some excellent pumpkin artwork by the girls.

We dressed up at the dance class I go to last week. I am Cruella Deville.

Brooklyn came over to carve pumpkins with Brynn.




And Clara had a playdate with her friend.

Our own pumpkin carving...






They turned out great!

The puzzle is finally finished. Thanks to Brooklyn for helping...and clearly also for staying up half the night to do so!

Note the creeper in the window. Haha.



Brooklyn decided to spend the night on Saturday night, so we went over to her house to grab her things and had to go inside to say hi to Johnny Cat, of course. 💜

While we were there, we ended up bringing Brooklyn's sister, Rae, back home with us for a double sister sleepover.

I had been wanting to do this pumpkin head photo with Brynn and Brooklyn and it finally worked out. Ha - I love it!

I decided I was going to watch all the original scary movies I could until Halloween. I started with the original 'Halloween' movie. It was good, I thought.

This one was not. :-/


Nightmare on Elm Street was pretty good.

I dressed up as Cruella at work.

Clara was able to come trick-or-treat at the office like we always used to do.


Getting ready to head out for trick-or-treating!



We stopped at neighbor Barb's first...



Barb dropped off a platter of cookies from Jen's bakery for us last week. Then Clara was over visiting after school one afternoon and came back with homemade chocolate chip cookies, so Clara made pumpkin chocolate chips bars to take over when we trick-or-treated.

Brynn and Brooklyn planned to hand out candy at Brooklyn's house, so we stopped there next. Johnny was a bunny rabbit. Poor thing! 

The older girls still got some trick-or-treating in too.

I still can't believe the weather we've been having. What a perfect night it was last night. I think it brought out more kids - which I just love seeing them running up and down the streets with their costumes on. We picked Rae up to come with us when we stopped at their house.






We went to my boss's house and the girls handed out candy there for a bit.

Brynn and Brooklyn's candy loot!

Sorting and trading...

I had to document Dana holding Johnny! 


The last scary movie I watched was Friday the 13th last night. I fell asleep for a portion and then came to right before the end, so I was a bit confused. Ha.


It was a fantastic Halloween!





Comments

theweckerlys said…
Clara costume was great! A good mix of cute and scary :) Love the girls' pumpkin art. That horse head at your exercise class, haaaa. The jack-o-lanterns turned out perfect! Way to go on finishing that puzzle, woof. I showed the girls your Cruella picture and they thought it was fantastic. Great video; they made quite a haul! I wouldn't have been able to handle any of those scary movies. Happy Halloween!

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Things + Dana's Hunting Trip

 Clara and I walked over to the high school for a boys' soccer game. They were pretty impressive to watch. Elise and Clara had fun raking leaves and Grandpa and Grandma's lake. Well, I know Clara had a great time for sure. I can't remember if I had posted that Dana did away with the garden and planted grass where it once was. So, Clara mowed that section. It was a perfect size for her to tackle. She might have found herself a summer job already. An amazing double rainbow! Thank you to those who donated for Clara's school walk-a-thon which took place last Monday. Dana and I were able to go watch and then joined in for some laps as well. Benny the Eagle was out there cheering the kids on too. Dana was busy making monster cookies for his annual hunting trip up north with his Dad and family friends. He kindly left some behind for us...which are long since gone now. :-) Grandma Holly came up while the guys were gone and took Clara shopping and the girls for lunch on Saturday

Thanksgiving 2023

The kids rolled out and baked sugar cookies for Thanksgiving. We finished our thankful pumpkin. I saw this in the store and given the season, it took me right back to my Grandma D's house on Thanksgiving and the bowl of walnuts she'd have on her table with the nutcracker. I wanted to buy it just for nostalgia purposes. Cora and Clara made these adorable turkey crafts at the crafternoon at the library.  On Tuesday we went downtown for the tree lighting at Broadway Square. Abby, Hubert's sister, joined us as well. She just turned 10, so she got along pretty well with Clara. They had s'mores kits so we had to toast some mallows right away. I love how Clara's marshmallow is completely ablaze and she's still posing for the photo. Hahaha. We had to visit the reindeer too. I made them do jazz hands. And then, of course, we had to hit up Blackbird afterward. Our Wednesday morning XaBeat class. We were feelin' pretty festive. The girls had Wednesday off from school,

May Day + My Birthday + Star Wars Day

Brynn put together our May Day baskets and did a fantastic job. Clara and I did the deliveries... And we received one as well with these beautiful flowers. It was from Clara's friend, Cora, and her fam. We went out to dinner as a family to celebrate my birthday on Wednesday to best accommodate schedules this week. I got to open my cards and gifts when we got home. I had picked up a slice of puppy chow cake at Sonder Bakehouse so we all shared that. Then Brynn and I went out to play a little tennis. It was a beautiful day outside. I had taken Friday (my actual birthday) off of work and Tessa came up to have brunch with me. We had Black Coffee + Waffle Bar. It was so fun. Then May did my hair as it was overdue for a cut and color. Dana and I were able to go out just us two while Brynn took Clara to her school fun night...not only that, but Brynn also volunteered to sell tickets/wristbands (I was originally going to do it) so that I didn't have to and could go out. 💜 I had a coup