Skip to main content

Two Months Old

Clara Rae is two months old now. For some reason she seems older to me; more about three months old. I'm not sure if it's because she's quite a bit bigger than Brynn was at this same age or what it is. 

Clara had her check-up this past Monday and had her shots which was terrible for mom. She is still very healthy and doing really well. She weighs 10 lbs which puts her in the 22nd percentile and tenth percentile in height. 

She is really starting to coo and talk to us now which is so fun. And she smiles more all the time. 

In the below photo you can see her cheeks and onto her shoulder there look reddish and bumpy. It does seem to ebb and flow throughout the day, so I wasn't sure if it was baby acne and/or if her skin was getting irritated. She spits up often, especially when she's sleeping/lying down. If I don't notice it right away to move her out of the wet spot she's created, then she just lays in it, and I thought perhaps that would irritate her skin like that.


Up until the past couple of nights, she has still been waking up once during the night. She eats and then goes right back to sleep. I am hoping the past couple of nights now aren't a fluke, but rather us on our way to a full night's sleep again!

Clara will be baptized at the end of this month and will wear the gown Brynn wore (and I had also worn it when I was baptized). Brynn is very excited for the baptism and is always asking me about it. She is most excited to be up front with us during the service. Clara sure fills out the gown a lot better than Brynn did. :-)



Smiles!



He he. I just thought her expression in this one was funny.

Comments

theweckerlys said…
Oh yay! She looks so pretty in her gown.
Anonymous said…
Pretty baby!
carrington said…
She's so sweet - growing so fast!

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Things + Dana's Hunting Trip

 Clara and I walked over to the high school for a boys' soccer game. They were pretty impressive to watch. Elise and Clara had fun raking leaves and Grandpa and Grandma's lake. Well, I know Clara had a great time for sure. I can't remember if I had posted that Dana did away with the garden and planted grass where it once was. So, Clara mowed that section. It was a perfect size for her to tackle. She might have found herself a summer job already. An amazing double rainbow! Thank you to those who donated for Clara's school walk-a-thon which took place last Monday. Dana and I were able to go watch and then joined in for some laps as well. Benny the Eagle was out there cheering the kids on too. Dana was busy making monster cookies for his annual hunting trip up north with his Dad and family friends. He kindly left some behind for us...which are long since gone now. :-) Grandma Holly came up while the guys were gone and took Clara shopping and the girls for lunch on Saturday

Thanksgiving 2023

The kids rolled out and baked sugar cookies for Thanksgiving. We finished our thankful pumpkin. I saw this in the store and given the season, it took me right back to my Grandma D's house on Thanksgiving and the bowl of walnuts she'd have on her table with the nutcracker. I wanted to buy it just for nostalgia purposes. Cora and Clara made these adorable turkey crafts at the crafternoon at the library.  On Tuesday we went downtown for the tree lighting at Broadway Square. Abby, Hubert's sister, joined us as well. She just turned 10, so she got along pretty well with Clara. They had s'mores kits so we had to toast some mallows right away. I love how Clara's marshmallow is completely ablaze and she's still posing for the photo. Hahaha. We had to visit the reindeer too. I made them do jazz hands. And then, of course, we had to hit up Blackbird afterward. Our Wednesday morning XaBeat class. We were feelin' pretty festive. The girls had Wednesday off from school,

May Day + My Birthday + Star Wars Day

Brynn put together our May Day baskets and did a fantastic job. Clara and I did the deliveries... And we received one as well with these beautiful flowers. It was from Clara's friend, Cora, and her fam. We went out to dinner as a family to celebrate my birthday on Wednesday to best accommodate schedules this week. I got to open my cards and gifts when we got home. I had picked up a slice of puppy chow cake at Sonder Bakehouse so we all shared that. Then Brynn and I went out to play a little tennis. It was a beautiful day outside. I had taken Friday (my actual birthday) off of work and Tessa came up to have brunch with me. We had Black Coffee + Waffle Bar. It was so fun. Then May did my hair as it was overdue for a cut and color. Dana and I were able to go out just us two while Brynn took Clara to her school fun night...not only that, but Brynn also volunteered to sell tickets/wristbands (I was originally going to do it) so that I didn't have to and could go out. 💜 I had a coup