Skip to main content

Shows, Nowruz, Outside

I don't know how I skipped posting this earlier, but a few weeks ago I went to see Jerry Seinfeld's stand-up show in Grand Forks with my sister and parents. It was a fun night with the 'core four' of us and, of course, Jerry was hilarious.




After we got back from our Minneapolis vacation, that Saturday night we attended the Persian New Year celebration, Nowruz, with Rosha and her family at the NDSU alumni center.






That same weekend we started to see the first sign of spring weather.




Brynn isn't too big for a shoulder ride from Daddy....yet.



A game of memory..



One morning this past week Clara asked Daddy if he would eat his oatmeal with her while she ate her cereal.


Super Mom 

This past Friday night Dana's parents, Dana and I went to the Journey concert at the FARGODOME. I had the time of my life signing along to all the songs. They were great and it was so much fun. My camera phone didn't take the best pics.







This one was off of the Facebook page of a local radio station.


Brynn has been working hard on her book report project. She was assigned Betsy Ross. They were to design a CD cover, come up with song titles for the CD, decorate a box and include five articles that relate to the assigned person and write why you had chosen to include those things and how they relate to the person. She did a great job! She turns it in at school tomorrow.




Brynn finally has another loose tooth. She has only lost two so far (on the bottom). This time it is one of her top front teeth. She took down guesses when Grandpa and Grandma Dietz were here the other day. So far Grandma Laurie is out of the running as the tooth is still in tact tonight! Grandpa and Grandma Froemming got their guess in as well for Thursday. I'll keep ya'll posted!



I wasn't feeling well all day yesterday and spent most of it in bed. :-( Brynnie made up this nice get-well snack mixture for me. So sweet.



It was really foggy in Fargo this morning. This is on our street facing east.



I knew the fog would burn off quickly and give way to a beautifully sunny day! The girls were outside quite a bit today between school, daycare and at home.



Comments

theweckerlys said…
Oh no, I hope you're feeling better soon! :( How nice of Brynn to bring you something. Beautiful day out today!

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Things + Dana's Hunting Trip

 Clara and I walked over to the high school for a boys' soccer game. They were pretty impressive to watch. Elise and Clara had fun raking leaves and Grandpa and Grandma's lake. Well, I know Clara had a great time for sure. I can't remember if I had posted that Dana did away with the garden and planted grass where it once was. So, Clara mowed that section. It was a perfect size for her to tackle. She might have found herself a summer job already. An amazing double rainbow! Thank you to those who donated for Clara's school walk-a-thon which took place last Monday. Dana and I were able to go watch and then joined in for some laps as well. Benny the Eagle was out there cheering the kids on too. Dana was busy making monster cookies for his annual hunting trip up north with his Dad and family friends. He kindly left some behind for us...which are long since gone now. :-) Grandma Holly came up while the guys were gone and took Clara shopping and the girls for lunch on Saturday

Thanksgiving 2023

The kids rolled out and baked sugar cookies for Thanksgiving. We finished our thankful pumpkin. I saw this in the store and given the season, it took me right back to my Grandma D's house on Thanksgiving and the bowl of walnuts she'd have on her table with the nutcracker. I wanted to buy it just for nostalgia purposes. Cora and Clara made these adorable turkey crafts at the crafternoon at the library.  On Tuesday we went downtown for the tree lighting at Broadway Square. Abby, Hubert's sister, joined us as well. She just turned 10, so she got along pretty well with Clara. They had s'mores kits so we had to toast some mallows right away. I love how Clara's marshmallow is completely ablaze and she's still posing for the photo. Hahaha. We had to visit the reindeer too. I made them do jazz hands. And then, of course, we had to hit up Blackbird afterward. Our Wednesday morning XaBeat class. We were feelin' pretty festive. The girls had Wednesday off from school,

May Day + My Birthday + Star Wars Day

Brynn put together our May Day baskets and did a fantastic job. Clara and I did the deliveries... And we received one as well with these beautiful flowers. It was from Clara's friend, Cora, and her fam. We went out to dinner as a family to celebrate my birthday on Wednesday to best accommodate schedules this week. I got to open my cards and gifts when we got home. I had picked up a slice of puppy chow cake at Sonder Bakehouse so we all shared that. Then Brynn and I went out to play a little tennis. It was a beautiful day outside. I had taken Friday (my actual birthday) off of work and Tessa came up to have brunch with me. We had Black Coffee + Waffle Bar. It was so fun. Then May did my hair as it was overdue for a cut and color. Dana and I were able to go out just us two while Brynn took Clara to her school fun night...not only that, but Brynn also volunteered to sell tickets/wristbands (I was originally going to do it) so that I didn't have to and could go out. 💜 I had a coup