Skip to main content

Christmas 2018

Merry Christmas!

Friday was my last day of work before the holiday break. It was also PJ day, aka the best day of my professional career. Hopefully we'll have more of those to come.



We went to church Sunday morning and came home to open gifts amongst the four of us before heading to Fergus to celebrate with Dana's side.

We were passing out the gifts and Clara told me that one of hers that was in a gift bag was a Bison shirt. We were teasing her how she knew that, but then she felt bad that she had (obviously) peeked, so Brynn was consoling her..as she was opening her Bison t-shirt.



Brynn's gift to Clara.





Dad was just as excited as Brynn that she received the Motoworks kit where you basically build a small motor.


Mom's turn!


Dana got me a new pair of purple Pumas.


And an iPad!






It must have already been a long day by the time we took off for Fergus later in the afternoon. She pretty much refuses to take a nap anymore, but then mysteriously usually falls asleep in car rides longer than a half an hour.



Playing Dr. Mario and other Nintendo games.



Monday morning we opened up some gifts from Grandpa and Grandma Santa. I think Dana should have to give his back. You see that red ball of tissue paper coming right at me?



We went to the afternoon service at Holly and Kevin's church and came home and opened gifts.

...but took some pics first. :-)






A total "Brynn" expression. Haha. I think she was surprised with the gift cards they received from Grandpa and Grandma for our Disney trip next year.






Getting cookies ready for Santa.



We opened up Santa gifts Tuesday morning and lounged around for a while before packing up and heading home.

On our way back to Fargo, my parents called to FaceTime with Seymour (their cat) since we were with Dana's side for Christmas this year. It was so cute.


I will post our bucket list activities in a separate post, but we have been busy playing with the new things we got for Christmas and checking the activities of our list and trying to catch up on some cleaning and organizing.

Clara was sad that she wasn't allowed to help put Brynn's motor together with Dad and Brynn.

We had a wonderful Christmas and hope you did too! Here is a video montage or highlight reel. :-) Just a couple of notes of explanation: Clara is talking on the phone to "Santa" aka Harlan, Holly's brother. He called on Christmas eve to wish us a merry Christmas and Holly had him on speaker phone. I think he said something about Santa calling and Clara's ears perked up and thought it was Old Saint Nick himself on the phone. So, she had to chat it up with him for a while. It was so cute and pretty exciting for her to actually get to talk to Santa on Christmas. She told him she'd leave some cookies out for him and Santa asked for chocolate milk. The last part of the video is the longest, but it's so stinking hilarious. She was making Santa's chocolate milk and making sure she got it just right.


Comments

shelly said…
Made me cry hearing Clara's tiny voce and seeing hers and Brynn's excitement at Christmas. Missed you guys so much.
theweckerlys said…
Haha! Love everything about this post (except that we weren't together!). The girls' expressions, the photos are so cute, love your new kicks, the FaceTime photo of Mom & Dad and awesome video!

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Things + Dana's Hunting Trip

 Clara and I walked over to the high school for a boys' soccer game. They were pretty impressive to watch. Elise and Clara had fun raking leaves and Grandpa and Grandma's lake. Well, I know Clara had a great time for sure. I can't remember if I had posted that Dana did away with the garden and planted grass where it once was. So, Clara mowed that section. It was a perfect size for her to tackle. She might have found herself a summer job already. An amazing double rainbow! Thank you to those who donated for Clara's school walk-a-thon which took place last Monday. Dana and I were able to go watch and then joined in for some laps as well. Benny the Eagle was out there cheering the kids on too. Dana was busy making monster cookies for his annual hunting trip up north with his Dad and family friends. He kindly left some behind for us...which are long since gone now. :-) Grandma Holly came up while the guys were gone and took Clara shopping and the girls for lunch on Saturday

Thanksgiving 2023

The kids rolled out and baked sugar cookies for Thanksgiving. We finished our thankful pumpkin. I saw this in the store and given the season, it took me right back to my Grandma D's house on Thanksgiving and the bowl of walnuts she'd have on her table with the nutcracker. I wanted to buy it just for nostalgia purposes. Cora and Clara made these adorable turkey crafts at the crafternoon at the library.  On Tuesday we went downtown for the tree lighting at Broadway Square. Abby, Hubert's sister, joined us as well. She just turned 10, so she got along pretty well with Clara. They had s'mores kits so we had to toast some mallows right away. I love how Clara's marshmallow is completely ablaze and she's still posing for the photo. Hahaha. We had to visit the reindeer too. I made them do jazz hands. And then, of course, we had to hit up Blackbird afterward. Our Wednesday morning XaBeat class. We were feelin' pretty festive. The girls had Wednesday off from school,

May Day + My Birthday + Star Wars Day

Brynn put together our May Day baskets and did a fantastic job. Clara and I did the deliveries... And we received one as well with these beautiful flowers. It was from Clara's friend, Cora, and her fam. We went out to dinner as a family to celebrate my birthday on Wednesday to best accommodate schedules this week. I got to open my cards and gifts when we got home. I had picked up a slice of puppy chow cake at Sonder Bakehouse so we all shared that. Then Brynn and I went out to play a little tennis. It was a beautiful day outside. I had taken Friday (my actual birthday) off of work and Tessa came up to have brunch with me. We had Black Coffee + Waffle Bar. It was so fun. Then May did my hair as it was overdue for a cut and color. Dana and I were able to go out just us two while Brynn took Clara to her school fun night...not only that, but Brynn also volunteered to sell tickets/wristbands (I was originally going to do it) so that I didn't have to and could go out. 💜 I had a coup