Skip to main content

The beginning of the end of summer

 We had some cake ingredients leftover from Clara's birthday party, so Brynn decided to make and decorate a Harry Potter cake this past week. It was delicious!


It was announced this past week that Fargo Public Schools would start this school year at level 3. From what I've gathered in reading through the 84-page document outlining the plan for each of the levels, that it the hybrid approach.

So, Clara will attend in-person classes Mondays and Tuesdays and every other Wednesday. Thursdays and Fridays she will be distance learning. Brynn will have a similar schedule, I believe, but only through September. After September, secondary students will be completely virtual. 

We're anxiously awaiting more details as we anticipate receiving additional information from each of the girls' schools. I know Clara won't know any differently than how this year will start out for her as a kindergartner, but it still certainly feels strange. They will try to distance as much as they can at school, keeping pods or classes together as much as they can. But, they are supposed to wear masks the whole time.

We can only hope that it goes as well as it can. Regardless, Clara is very excited to start school! She asked Brynn if they can eat lunch together because she thought they were going to the same school. 😭 I actually was surprised that she thought that as I had never heard her mention it before and she has been to the playground at her school and been with me when we've dropped Brynn off at the middle school several times. It's hard to keep everything straight though!

Several people have asked me Brynn's reaction to this school year's plans and I don't know that she's really formed much of an opinion yet as everything has been so fluid and so much information (that we still don't know yet).

Nevertheless, we still needed school supplies! So, we all loaded up and hit up Walmart this past week to check everything off the girls' lists. I think we actually did find almost everything which usually never happens!









The girls decided to have a sleepover in the spare bedroom the other night. That bed has a duvet on it that buttons at the bottom. If they unbutton it, and blow a fan into it at the end of the bed, it creates this whole balloon effect.



Brynn is usually pretty creative, but she kept on with the streak this week from cake decorating to tie dying her own t-shirt. I thought it turned out great!

Brynn was showing Dad her earrings while he was setting up her new speaker for her iPod. :-)


I almost stepped on this little crayfish while on a walk on Saturday morning. I wondered how much rain we must have gotten for this guy to be hanging around!


On Saturday we brought the girls to Dead Lake to stay and had lunch there with my parents. Clara was flexing her muscles and challenging all of us to arm wrestling.



We came back from the lake and left the girls to stay for a few days. It was a gorgeous evening out last night for some patio dining at Granite City.

Our hydrangea tree is looking so pretty. I guess the butterflies think so too. I can only see two when I look at this pic now, but when I took it, I think there were three on it.


Of course the girls are having a good time at the lake. Thanks, Grandpa and Grandma!





Comments

theweckerlys said…
Aw, that picture of Clara trying on that backpack in Walmart. Tear. They tie-dyed shirt turned out great, Brynn! The girls were just saying how hard it is to get them to turn out nice. I have never even heard of a crayfish around these parts; what the heck?! Wish I could have gotten in on the arm wrastlin'! Hydrangeas are so pretty. Always a good time at GC!

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Things + Dana's Hunting Trip

 Clara and I walked over to the high school for a boys' soccer game. They were pretty impressive to watch. Elise and Clara had fun raking leaves and Grandpa and Grandma's lake. Well, I know Clara had a great time for sure. I can't remember if I had posted that Dana did away with the garden and planted grass where it once was. So, Clara mowed that section. It was a perfect size for her to tackle. She might have found herself a summer job already. An amazing double rainbow! Thank you to those who donated for Clara's school walk-a-thon which took place last Monday. Dana and I were able to go watch and then joined in for some laps as well. Benny the Eagle was out there cheering the kids on too. Dana was busy making monster cookies for his annual hunting trip up north with his Dad and family friends. He kindly left some behind for us...which are long since gone now. :-) Grandma Holly came up while the guys were gone and took Clara shopping and the girls for lunch on Saturday

Thanksgiving 2023

The kids rolled out and baked sugar cookies for Thanksgiving. We finished our thankful pumpkin. I saw this in the store and given the season, it took me right back to my Grandma D's house on Thanksgiving and the bowl of walnuts she'd have on her table with the nutcracker. I wanted to buy it just for nostalgia purposes. Cora and Clara made these adorable turkey crafts at the crafternoon at the library.  On Tuesday we went downtown for the tree lighting at Broadway Square. Abby, Hubert's sister, joined us as well. She just turned 10, so she got along pretty well with Clara. They had s'mores kits so we had to toast some mallows right away. I love how Clara's marshmallow is completely ablaze and she's still posing for the photo. Hahaha. We had to visit the reindeer too. I made them do jazz hands. And then, of course, we had to hit up Blackbird afterward. Our Wednesday morning XaBeat class. We were feelin' pretty festive. The girls had Wednesday off from school,

May Day + My Birthday + Star Wars Day

Brynn put together our May Day baskets and did a fantastic job. Clara and I did the deliveries... And we received one as well with these beautiful flowers. It was from Clara's friend, Cora, and her fam. We went out to dinner as a family to celebrate my birthday on Wednesday to best accommodate schedules this week. I got to open my cards and gifts when we got home. I had picked up a slice of puppy chow cake at Sonder Bakehouse so we all shared that. Then Brynn and I went out to play a little tennis. It was a beautiful day outside. I had taken Friday (my actual birthday) off of work and Tessa came up to have brunch with me. We had Black Coffee + Waffle Bar. It was so fun. Then May did my hair as it was overdue for a cut and color. Dana and I were able to go out just us two while Brynn took Clara to her school fun night...not only that, but Brynn also volunteered to sell tickets/wristbands (I was originally going to do it) so that I didn't have to and could go out. 💜 I had a coup