Skip to main content

Grandma's 60th Birthday + BFF Overnight + Four-wheelin' Trip

Saturday was a perfect day to be at the lake celebrating my mom's 60th birthday. 

We kicked off the party with a rousing game of baseball. 


We got into cake and presents in the afternoon and had a delicious fish fry dinner.

Oliver was ready to party.

Tessa and fam were in charge of the decorations and accessories. 







The Weckerly kids made a candy riddle board. Those are always so fun.


Clara made a neat card for Grandma.

Turns out 60 is the year for candy. Grandma and Clara share a love of Tootsie Rolls. 

Brynn chose an especially sweet card for Grandma.




Happy birthday, Mom! It was a fun celebration!


The next morning, Dana and Brynn got up and headed out with the four-wheelers to meet up with Grandpa and Grandma Froemming and some other friends near Nevis, MN.

Meanwhile, Clara and I got up and working on this rat's nest. :-) It actually wasn't too bad to detangle.

We did a Target run and then got groceries before heading back home to get ready to have Adria over for a sleepover.


They kept pretty busy together and seemed to be having a blast.



They waited as long as they could on Sunday morning before waking me to make pancakes. :-)



Meanwhile, Dana and Brynn had a good trip with nice weather on Sunday. Monday morning they rode a bit before heading back home and they said it was a bit cold then. Thanks to Holly and Dana for all the pics! 

They stayed at a family friend's cabin and they left this sweet note for Brynn. 



Taking advantage of the snacks. :-)



Could these two look any more alike!? Dimple twins.




They missed each other the 30 hours that Brynn was gone. 💕


Some random pics from earlier this past week. 


Clara made herself a unicorn headband.

Clara has been busy with her school iPad. Dad helped video her for an assignment on Friday which she started out by announcing, "hey guys; it's me, Clara!" LOL. I didn't remind her that it's for her teacher, not YouTube. Also featured in this video was Clara wearing her too small PJs and her dirty clothes and undies on the floor. No matter, I guess, as her teacher said she played her video for the 'B class' (the group who is in-person on the opposite days as Clara) as an example of what to do for the assignment. Uff! Haha.


Speaking of school, they were back in person today and will be tomorrow before learning from home Thursday and Friday of this week. Clara didn't want to go to school this morning and the bus came more than five minutes earlier than we had anticipated, so it was a bit of a rough start, but she did say she ended up having a good day...after she needed help from a para once she arrived at school because she couldn't remember how to find her classroom. So many things to remember from the bus route number to the lunch code number. I told her that's what they're there for is to help you and then she told me later that's exactly what the para had told her. :-) She said tonight that she just wants her 'real' teacher to be there with them. I think she is set to come back to school post knee replacement operation in about 6 or 7 weeks. But the substitute teacher is really nice too.

Brynn is loving 7th grade so far and I think things are a little calmer day-to-day with only half of the students in the school too. We learned some good news today that she will actually be continuing with the hybrid schedule after this month and not doing complete distance learning after all. She was glad to hear that.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Things + Dana's Hunting Trip

 Clara and I walked over to the high school for a boys' soccer game. They were pretty impressive to watch. Elise and Clara had fun raking leaves and Grandpa and Grandma's lake. Well, I know Clara had a great time for sure. I can't remember if I had posted that Dana did away with the garden and planted grass where it once was. So, Clara mowed that section. It was a perfect size for her to tackle. She might have found herself a summer job already. An amazing double rainbow! Thank you to those who donated for Clara's school walk-a-thon which took place last Monday. Dana and I were able to go watch and then joined in for some laps as well. Benny the Eagle was out there cheering the kids on too. Dana was busy making monster cookies for his annual hunting trip up north with his Dad and family friends. He kindly left some behind for us...which are long since gone now. :-) Grandma Holly came up while the guys were gone and took Clara shopping and the girls for lunch on Saturday

Thanksgiving 2023

The kids rolled out and baked sugar cookies for Thanksgiving. We finished our thankful pumpkin. I saw this in the store and given the season, it took me right back to my Grandma D's house on Thanksgiving and the bowl of walnuts she'd have on her table with the nutcracker. I wanted to buy it just for nostalgia purposes. Cora and Clara made these adorable turkey crafts at the crafternoon at the library.  On Tuesday we went downtown for the tree lighting at Broadway Square. Abby, Hubert's sister, joined us as well. She just turned 10, so she got along pretty well with Clara. They had s'mores kits so we had to toast some mallows right away. I love how Clara's marshmallow is completely ablaze and she's still posing for the photo. Hahaha. We had to visit the reindeer too. I made them do jazz hands. And then, of course, we had to hit up Blackbird afterward. Our Wednesday morning XaBeat class. We were feelin' pretty festive. The girls had Wednesday off from school,

May Day + My Birthday + Star Wars Day

Brynn put together our May Day baskets and did a fantastic job. Clara and I did the deliveries... And we received one as well with these beautiful flowers. It was from Clara's friend, Cora, and her fam. We went out to dinner as a family to celebrate my birthday on Wednesday to best accommodate schedules this week. I got to open my cards and gifts when we got home. I had picked up a slice of puppy chow cake at Sonder Bakehouse so we all shared that. Then Brynn and I went out to play a little tennis. It was a beautiful day outside. I had taken Friday (my actual birthday) off of work and Tessa came up to have brunch with me. We had Black Coffee + Waffle Bar. It was so fun. Then May did my hair as it was overdue for a cut and color. Dana and I were able to go out just us two while Brynn took Clara to her school fun night...not only that, but Brynn also volunteered to sell tickets/wristbands (I was originally going to do it) so that I didn't have to and could go out. 💜 I had a coup