Skip to main content

Anniversaries

 Well, we have zero trees in our backyard now. :-( Some were dying and the others didn't look very good either and Dana wanted to start fresh with a new tree row if we had to cut down some anyhow. Last Saturday, Dana and Hubert cut down three of the end trees and while I was gone Dana finished the other three. It sure looks different out back now!

Hubert got cleaned up and took a break from logging to take some pics with Brynn in the orchard to commemorate their one-year dating anniversary. They are so cute. 💖






Our 20th wedding anniversary was on Wednesday while I was still gone on the Glacier trip. The day I got back,  Dana came home with 20 of my favorite flower.

Brynn found a recipe to make fried chicken so she thawed some chicken breasts from our freezer and she and Hubert breaded the pieces and Dana ended up jumping in to help fry...and to look cool evidently. 👀 It ended up being a midnight snack of sorts as I think they finished around 11:30 PM. They said it turned out really good though.



We had gotten free tickets to another RedHawks game which started out pretty rainy, so we ended up going an hour late and only staying a half an hour as all three kids weren't having a good time. So, they had some snacks and we headed back home. It was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle night, so that was kind of fun.


When we were down in St. Cloud for Jessica's birthday, she gave us this blanket she knitted for our anniversary. My mom had made a quilt that we gave them as a wedding gift when she and Roger got married. It was so thoughtful of her! It's very warm and cozy!

On Saturday to kick off our anniversary date, Dana and I went out about five miles south of our house for a side-by-side ride. It was so fun to just have some time to go for as long as we wanted and not have to get back home by a certain time.

We came upon a cemetery and it had this tiny church there so I made Dana take my picture next to it. It was so cute, but I was also giggling at how I look like a giant next to it.

When we got back, we got cleaned up and hit up Brewhalla before dinner at The Toasted Frog.


Dessert at Insomnia:




We found out they were having a comedy show at The Cellar below Front Street Taproom, so we bought tickets for that while we were at Brewhalla.



We came home and tried to be out by the fire until Dana got too cold. He should have had a wooly mammoth type sweater like I had on.


We were saying how fast 20 years has gone and we are both looking forward to the next 20 and beyond! 💗



Comments

Mom said…
Love you both!
theweckerlys said…
What fun! I love your dress! I'm glad you guys had a great time celebrating.

Popular posts from this blog

January Recap

Right before Christmas break was done, Brynn and  I went downtown to Nichole's for some graduation planning. Making lefse! Clara finished up her time in robotics league with a presentation of the robots and mission that she and her partner/friend, Elizabeth, had been working on. Here's a video compilation of two of the missions they presented. It was so cool. I especially liked the one that picked up the rocks. Some of Brynn's recent drawings. Bedtime snuggles. 💜 I was messaging with Clara's teacher to see if he could let her know that Brynn would pick her up from school one of the very cold days last week. He wrote me back to confirm Clara received the message. I asked Clara when she got home if she wrote that last sentence. Haha. Clara had her first swim meet on Saturday, which was a 'home meet,' hosted by Clara's team, the Red Dragons at Moorhead High School. She was disgruntled about getting up at 7:00 am on a Saturday morning, but each team had specifi...

Clara's Recital + Scouting Event + XaFriendsgiving

I was in full fall mode watching 'When Harry Met Sally" in my turkey leg slippers the other night. Dana and I went out to eat at Granite City on Friday night and I think I found my signature cocktail for Christmas. It's called Snow on the Beach and it was so pretty and tasted really good! Saturday morning Clara had her piano recital and did a great job! Thank you to sister Brynn and the grandparents for coming. After lunch with everyone (family, not the other piano students), she was off to the next thing which was  a Scouting event at NDSU. She had to miss the morning session because of the recital, but in the afternoon they made a tool box. It turned out great. That night we had the XaBeat (the exercise dance class I go to) crew with spouses over for a little XaFriendsgiving. It was super fun. Dana mixing up old fashioneds. There was no shortage of food - it was an amazing spread. Dana smoked a couple turkey breasts that turned out really well and the stuffing sausage bi...

Christmas 2025/New Years 2026

Christmas gift wrapping shenanigans: Keeping Brynn company while she wraps all of our Christmas gifts. Brynn and I couldn't help but peek at the 150 Famous Poems book we gave to Clara. So many good ones. Getting into the holiday spirit at Courts Plus. Ha! Christmas eve brunch. Clara's gingerbread house contest strategy notes. Contestants were allowed 20 minutes to shop for their houses at Wal-mart. We left ourselves little time to get ready for the 3:00 Christmas eve service at our church. But, we made it and thankfully didn't have to sit in the overflow area in the chapel! It was a beautiful service. We had bit more time in between church and when we planned to leave for Tessa's, so I mixed up my eggnog and we got the car packed. Tessa's family hosted Christmas eve at their lake home. We had a great mix of people to play a game of Mind the Gap. Getting cookies ready for Santa. Clara got Dana and me up around 7:30 and we watched her open her stocking. I think Dana a...