Skip to main content

Cousin Camp 2024

I am finally getting to updating the blog for Cousin Camp 2024. The theme this year was All Star Sports. I wasn't sure if all the campers would be super into it, but last year the campers all seemed jazzed about the sports theme for 2024.

We brought Brianna with us this year again and came up on Thursday night. We got pretty out there brainstorming ideas for themes and adding to our already large list. I'm not exaggerating when I say that we're set for the next 10+ years! We also discussed what the future looks like for the older campers and we are so pleased that they want to keep coming back for many more years.

Anyhoo! On with it...

Elise and Brynn made the camp sign.



Fueling up at the DK before the campers arrive.


As always, we started out with t-shirt signing. Brynn did a great job designing this year's logo again.


After that, we walked over to the community center for basketball games. The younger lot played against each other while the older campers played a 20-minute game.



Junior Camp Counselor Dana and Counselor Tia's team won.


Tessa and I were chuckling at Brynn and Elise, because they weren't very aggressive with their defense or offence...they would just hug each other if they were guarding one another. Haha.

Again, Tia and Dana's team won for the older group.

After basketball, we made our way back to the house for the food challenge. This year the campers were tasked with making foods you'd typically eat at a ballpark.








Judges deliberating.

Next up was the highly anticipated game of slip-n-slide kickball. It was pretty entertaining for us spectators, but the campers seemed to also have fun playing.



Isla got a hold of Marsha. haha - so cute.




















Marsha missed her chance to play.

After a dinner of brats and dogs, it was time for the talent show. We had a great display of different talents ranging from musical numbers, magic, sports and a space demonstration by Clara.
 


I loved Tessa's fitting idea of the ice cream baseball cap sundaes.








And for an extra treat, Cayden whipped up some Italian sodas for the campers.


The campers were supposed to camp out in tents again this year, but it was raining so some of the older girls opted for the new chemical warehouse nearby. It looked like a pretty sweet set-up  over there.

Group photo time!


Then we got going on everyone's fav: fear factor food challenge. We did have some pukers again this year, but we were still impressed with what the campers took down!













One of the foods was spicy and Sierra kept covering her ears. haha. I wondered if steam was coming out of them from the spice.



Both Prairie and Sierra emerged as the winners.

The last activity was a good, old fashioned game of baseball (or t-ball, if they chose that route). Everyone played really well!






Winning team!

Hot tub time!


Giving out some more awards at the end and getting hyped for next year which will mark ten years of cousin camp!

All of Tessa's planning, prep and hard work always makes for an epic cousin camp.

My fam and Brianna stuck around after camp for more ATV riding, hot tubbing, relaxing and visiting.


...and Rosa's! Thanks to the girls for making the Rosa's run.


Tessa grabbed her camera and got some shots of us with the beautiful double rainbow.






It was a beautiful night to unwind out by the fire.

Video recap!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Things + Dana's Hunting Trip

 Clara and I walked over to the high school for a boys' soccer game. They were pretty impressive to watch. Elise and Clara had fun raking leaves and Grandpa and Grandma's lake. Well, I know Clara had a great time for sure. I can't remember if I had posted that Dana did away with the garden and planted grass where it once was. So, Clara mowed that section. It was a perfect size for her to tackle. She might have found herself a summer job already. An amazing double rainbow! Thank you to those who donated for Clara's school walk-a-thon which took place last Monday. Dana and I were able to go watch and then joined in for some laps as well. Benny the Eagle was out there cheering the kids on too. Dana was busy making monster cookies for his annual hunting trip up north with his Dad and family friends. He kindly left some behind for us...which are long since gone now. :-) Grandma Holly came up while the guys were gone and took Clara shopping and the girls for lunch on Saturday

Thanksgiving 2023

The kids rolled out and baked sugar cookies for Thanksgiving. We finished our thankful pumpkin. I saw this in the store and given the season, it took me right back to my Grandma D's house on Thanksgiving and the bowl of walnuts she'd have on her table with the nutcracker. I wanted to buy it just for nostalgia purposes. Cora and Clara made these adorable turkey crafts at the crafternoon at the library.  On Tuesday we went downtown for the tree lighting at Broadway Square. Abby, Hubert's sister, joined us as well. She just turned 10, so she got along pretty well with Clara. They had s'mores kits so we had to toast some mallows right away. I love how Clara's marshmallow is completely ablaze and she's still posing for the photo. Hahaha. We had to visit the reindeer too. I made them do jazz hands. And then, of course, we had to hit up Blackbird afterward. Our Wednesday morning XaBeat class. We were feelin' pretty festive. The girls had Wednesday off from school,

May Day + My Birthday + Star Wars Day

Brynn put together our May Day baskets and did a fantastic job. Clara and I did the deliveries... And we received one as well with these beautiful flowers. It was from Clara's friend, Cora, and her fam. We went out to dinner as a family to celebrate my birthday on Wednesday to best accommodate schedules this week. I got to open my cards and gifts when we got home. I had picked up a slice of puppy chow cake at Sonder Bakehouse so we all shared that. Then Brynn and I went out to play a little tennis. It was a beautiful day outside. I had taken Friday (my actual birthday) off of work and Tessa came up to have brunch with me. We had Black Coffee + Waffle Bar. It was so fun. Then May did my hair as it was overdue for a cut and color. Dana and I were able to go out just us two while Brynn took Clara to her school fun night...not only that, but Brynn also volunteered to sell tickets/wristbands (I was originally going to do it) so that I didn't have to and could go out. 💜 I had a coup