Skip to main content

Glacier Trip 2024

Tessa invited me along on a trip to Glacier National Park in Montana - Reagan was hoping to capture some senior pictures there as they had taken a family trip there several years ago. And, as far as our 50 States Sisters Trips, we had not yet checked that off *together,* as each of us had only been there separately.

I had driven as far as Tessa's house the night before. We had been planning to take snacks and lunches into the park on our hikes, so I got all my food ready to go.


I had been concerned with the bathroom situation and being able to go on the hikes, so I ordered this potty chair off of Amazon. I was testing it out before the trip to make sure it was sturdy. Spoiler alert: we never ended up actually using it, but I was glad to have it along just in case.

Elise was able to come as well, so it turned out to be a fun double sisters trip!

We started our 12-hour+ drive around 5 AM on Sunday morning. I joked that since we had gone to bed so late the night before, it was more like a nap that we took versus a full night's sleep. Oops! We switched off driving and were able to get our pic by the MT state sign.


We got to the KOA where we were staying early evening and had dinner nearby.

So thankful for Tessa's excellent trip planning skills and forethought on everything. 

We got up at about 4:30 on Monday morning to make it Lake McDonald for the sunrise to get some pics of Reagan. It was so beautiful, though a chilly morning starting out.(I can barely recall now which photos are ones I took and which Tessa took, but thank you, Tessa, for sharing yours!)









When we finished up there, we went to different parts of the park and went on a couple of hikes. We started out so early in the day, we had eaten all our snacks and lunch by 10:30 AM. Haha. Thankfully we found a general store type place inside the park where we could stock up again.








There was still snow on the higher parts of the mountains.



















Tuesday we slept in a bit and made our way into the park for a longer hike which was really fun. I started out with four layers and came back down in shorts and a tank top. The sun felt really good!


We stopped at (I think it was Avalanche Lake), which you can see three waterfalls in the background, for lunch.




We had a friend join us...this little chipmunk. He was quite friendly and got into my yogurt twice and jumped into Tessa's lap before moving on to another group nearby.









We had a super nice cabin at the KOA.





On the drive out, we were discussing Rosa's Pizza (our beloved pizza place in Fessenden) and how we knew Mimi (the owner of "our" Rosa's) had family who had other locations throughout Montana. We were able to locate one in Bigfork near where we were staying so we had planned to hit that up on our last night (Tuesday night). We were all so excited to have found one so close by. Everything was just as we had hoped, from the homemade ranch to the cheesesticks.  We were able to visit with this location's owner a bit who is Mimi's nephew.


We played a bit of Nertz while waiting for our order.




Everyone was busy back home and I was loving the pics they sent to me:


Brynn and Hubert celebrated one year of dating and had a picnic in Lindenwood Park and ate out at Applebee's. We had a little photo shoot  in the orchard right before I left, so I'll include some of those pics in a separate post.


All in all we had an awesome adventurous trip! I told Brynn tonight that I love spending time with my sister and going on trips together so much that I would go anywhere with her. I look forward to checking off more states together and continuing to make memories. 💜

Comments

theweckerlys said…
Oh my! What a special post and that is terribly sweet - I, too, would go anywhere with you! It was a fantastic trip made better by having you along! I'm sorry I didn't get my pics uploaded to the album yet. I'm glad for us to have checked off another state. On to the next one!

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Things + Dana's Hunting Trip

 Clara and I walked over to the high school for a boys' soccer game. They were pretty impressive to watch. Elise and Clara had fun raking leaves and Grandpa and Grandma's lake. Well, I know Clara had a great time for sure. I can't remember if I had posted that Dana did away with the garden and planted grass where it once was. So, Clara mowed that section. It was a perfect size for her to tackle. She might have found herself a summer job already. An amazing double rainbow! Thank you to those who donated for Clara's school walk-a-thon which took place last Monday. Dana and I were able to go watch and then joined in for some laps as well. Benny the Eagle was out there cheering the kids on too. Dana was busy making monster cookies for his annual hunting trip up north with his Dad and family friends. He kindly left some behind for us...which are long since gone now. :-) Grandma Holly came up while the guys were gone and took Clara shopping and the girls for lunch on Saturday

Thanksgiving 2023

The kids rolled out and baked sugar cookies for Thanksgiving. We finished our thankful pumpkin. I saw this in the store and given the season, it took me right back to my Grandma D's house on Thanksgiving and the bowl of walnuts she'd have on her table with the nutcracker. I wanted to buy it just for nostalgia purposes. Cora and Clara made these adorable turkey crafts at the crafternoon at the library.  On Tuesday we went downtown for the tree lighting at Broadway Square. Abby, Hubert's sister, joined us as well. She just turned 10, so she got along pretty well with Clara. They had s'mores kits so we had to toast some mallows right away. I love how Clara's marshmallow is completely ablaze and she's still posing for the photo. Hahaha. We had to visit the reindeer too. I made them do jazz hands. And then, of course, we had to hit up Blackbird afterward. Our Wednesday morning XaBeat class. We were feelin' pretty festive. The girls had Wednesday off from school,

May Day + My Birthday + Star Wars Day

Brynn put together our May Day baskets and did a fantastic job. Clara and I did the deliveries... And we received one as well with these beautiful flowers. It was from Clara's friend, Cora, and her fam. We went out to dinner as a family to celebrate my birthday on Wednesday to best accommodate schedules this week. I got to open my cards and gifts when we got home. I had picked up a slice of puppy chow cake at Sonder Bakehouse so we all shared that. Then Brynn and I went out to play a little tennis. It was a beautiful day outside. I had taken Friday (my actual birthday) off of work and Tessa came up to have brunch with me. We had Black Coffee + Waffle Bar. It was so fun. Then May did my hair as it was overdue for a cut and color. Dana and I were able to go out just us two while Brynn took Clara to her school fun night...not only that, but Brynn also volunteered to sell tickets/wristbands (I was originally going to do it) so that I didn't have to and could go out. 💜 I had a coup